How did Johnson escape the first Halo?

He escaped on a pelican. After meeting up with Chief, they attacked and captured a covenant flagship. They went back to reach, rescuing Halsey and the surviving SPARTANs before retreating. They then boarded and destroyed the station, Unyielding Heirophant while destroying over 500 warships in the process (which were going to attack Earth). They then jumped to earth, to warn that there was an imminent invasion.

Johnson has friends in the star trek, star gate and star wars universes... haha... scotty beamed him up and then the folks from star gate let him use gate travel to go to han solo`s place and han used the millennium falcon to get him back to earth... thats why its classified. :D

• 2 weeks later...

He escaped on a pelican. After meeting up with Chief, they attacked and captured a covenant flagship. They went back to reach, rescuing Halsey and the surviving SPARTANs before retreating. They then boarded and destroyed the station, Unyielding Heirophant while destroying over 500 warships in the process (which were going to attack Earth). They then jumped to earth, to warn that there was an imminent invasion.

i only read fall of reach and want to read more. 

now that would make sense bacon. i wondered how chief got to earth and johnson got there and escaped halo. that makes sense the whole way leading up to halo 2. great job thank you for letting me know

• 3 weeks later...

The Elite he hugged fell in love with him, so he helped him escape.

Then when Johnson said he didn't feel the same way, the Elite got pissed off and begged the Prophet of Regret to attack Earth.

And that's why Halo 2.

lol i like that. that one makes sense

• 1 year later...

I don't think there is any official story or reason as to how Johnson escaped Halo Installation 4. Maybe thats what is told within the books, but all that matters to me are what is told through the games or anything that has been officially acknowledged or told by 343 and Bungie.

And he certainly did not return to Earth to warn of a Covenant invasion. Seeing as how Regret had no idea that Earth had a human presence, let alone ever expecting it to be the human homeworld, there is no way Johnson could have predicted that the Covenant were on hot on their trail to deliberately invade Earth. If that were the case the Covenant would have sent a much larger force and focused their attacks planetwide rather than on one small corner of the globe. In addition to that they would have sent in some sort of recon group first, like they did with Reach in order to cause confusion and disable communication networks as a precursor to a larger scale attack. And if it were an invasion of Earth, Regret would not have retreated almost immediately after attacking New Mombassa, unless he brought with him a large enough force to sustain a foothold. Regret traveled to Earth because he was looking for the Ark. It was meant as a simple artifact finding mission. He had no idea humans would be there at all and thus was not prepared for what happened in Halo 2.

Also Johnson was an extremely minor character in Halo CE. One that was randomly generated as a friendly NPC in certain missions. Meaning, that it was and is possible to see 2 Sargent Johnson's side by side in the same level. But because he was such a colorful character in the first Halo, I think Bungie decided it would be a good idea if they brought him back as a fully fledged character that would be integral to the story.

As far as his explanation of how he escaped the first Halo and his excuse of it being classified, i think is meant to cover up the fact that he was never originally intended to remain as a significant character to the Halo series. I think Bungie knew it was a bit of a plot hole and labeling it as classified is just a convenient way to cover that up.

It is fun to theorize this and that about a universe we are so captivated by, but i think with this one, you guys might be digging a bit too deep.

Yeah like i said, I dont really consider the books part of the halo universe. If its not Bungie or 343, I don't consider it cannon. Even the story and characters conflict with each other at times throughout the games.

The books are canon and were written by Bungie writers like Joseph Staten and Eric Nylund and are now overlooked by 343.

Old topic locked.

• Like 1