A Great Sendoff

Church

This forum used to be a place for fun, for friendship, and above all, for Halo. Posting was something that we put meaning into, not just put a brief message so we could have a petty hop-up by achieving the status of a Trusted or Dedicated member, to become Purple or Light Gray to lord it over their fellow members. We would put our all into it, nothing held back. I myself barely reached Purple immediately before I became MoM. There was none of the ranting, none of the complaining, people were here because they wanted to be here, not because they had something against us. And we have suffered greatly from these evils coming into the forum, obliterating its purity and bringing it to face cold harsh reality. But we cannot blame the people who brought it to us. We cannot blame the Mods, the Staff, Twam, we cannot even blame ourselves. In this world there is much that is wrong, but we can't change that. We can only make ourselves the best we can be.

Such a pure message... has never been uttered on the internet until this point...

Edited by SweatyBagels
  • Like 2

The MoM sendoff post of legend... The MoM sendoff post of CHURCH! Church you were truly a great MoM. You're charismatic, friendly, so easy to talk to, someone who remembers the old days and can talk from experience, someone who understands that change is necessary and is happening, exactly what this site needed and continues to need. We are unworthy. :bow:

• Like 1

What is  everybody talking about? I never see people leaving,well recently atleast. I have only seen people get banned,and maybe 1 person leave that is all. If things are happening, and no one knows about it, make sure you tell a moderator. And church your still pinky lol

• Like 1

Church, this post is why I am proud to be here and share this community with you.

You have gone out of your way to help me with my project, you are always a pleasure to talk with, and never fail to bring quality posts to the forum. This is a better community because you, my friend.

If there was a member of the year, I would nominate you...

• Like 1

You are a great person Church both on the Forums and on Xbox live its truly an honor to know you. You were a great MoM and wore the pink with pride never failing to have a good conversation and always putting thought into your post. This is a Send off with alot of thought in it and it speaks alot about you. So once again you were a great MoM and its an honor to know you. :salute:

• Like 1

This is all I tried to do in my history here....

I love this site...no doubt about that in my mind AT ALL....

I love the members...

I love the staff....

I love Twam even... (Don't get any idea's Twammy Bear ;D)

So if I can make even one person happy,or smile or just feel a little better, then my job is done...

We can't control events in the world...people will leave no matter what.

Events will go out of hand and things will become FUBAR...

It WILL happen...we can't stop it..we can only try and help return things to normal afterwards...

Im not the greatest member here, in NO way am I....

But I do try my hardest for all of you and I hope to god that shows through... I really do...

so I apologise to anyone who I have upset,angered or annoyed in the past... I truly do from the bottom of my heart apologise to you...

I hope to be back and active soon enough, and I promise I will put my hear tand soul back into the site to do my best for all of you newer members ^_^

~ SykoWolf , Your Generally Friendly Local Alpha Wolf, Past MoM, and just another average member of our Great site ^_^

• Like 2

All I got from this:

I like Halo, and I'm proud of it. And before I go any further,  I became the best MoM. There was none of the ranting, none of the complaining. The Mods, the Staff, Twam, put their every effort into dethroning me. We have heard them cry out to us that there is only so much they can take. We can have nothing but respect for them. I know that no matter what, they will do what is right for the forum. Should we aspire to be any less great of character?  Now I am no longer the ruler of our future.

But really:

The forum used to be a place for fun, for friendship, and above all, for Halo. Posting was something that we put meaning into, not just put a brief message so we could have a petty hop-up by achieving the status of a Trusted or Dedicated member, to become Purple or Light Gray to lord it over their fellow members. We would put our all into it, nothing held back. I myself barely reached Purple immediately before I became MoM.

This has nothing to do with you not reaching your goal of 500 posts by the end of the month? 

You were a great MoM, and had a good run, and welcome back to the trenches.

• Like 4

All I got from this:

But really:

This has nothing to do with you not reaching your goal of 500 posts by the end of the month? 

You were a great MoM, and had a good run, and welcome back to the trenches.

Oh you dirty modifier! I said no such thing! But thanks, great to be back!

• 2 weeks later...