Mandatory Maintenance - HDD Replacement

Twam

Greetings all :hi:,

Unfortunately it seems that one of our Hard Drives are on it's way out and is in need of being replaced. I am unable to give any exact times but can definitely say that this drive will be replaced ASAP.

Rest assured all our your information (Posts, Shouts, Uploads, etc...) is all safe and not even stored on the malfunctioning drive.

My temporarily hot fix should prevent any issues until the drive is replaced but just wanted to post this to keep everyone informed or any possible downtime.

Twam :twam:

• Like 9

Well first step is going to be done today, to have the smallest amount of downtime im actually planning 3 downtime's. Instead of doing it all at once the first downtime will just be adding a new drive while leaving the current one in which should only take a matter of miniutes to shutdown the server add a new drive then boot back up. Then at a later time/date (off peak hours) mitigate all the data from 1 drive to the other (this will take the longest amount of time), then again at a later time/date shutdown the server to remove the old HDD which should only take a couple miniutes.

So the first step should happen within the next couple hours.

• Like 3

Step 1 done, the Drive has been added :yay:

So some time during our off peak hours i will be transferring all our data from our Current/Old/Malfunctioning Drive to the new one that has just been added. Then again some time after that the faulty drive will be removed.

• Like 4