How long until mantis is removed

Deimos

How long until the Mantis is removed from halo 4 multiplayer? I really thought it would be last patch but i guess 343 didnt have time to do it because of the new DLC. It is extremely OP, it has ruined multiplayer for me, i payed $100 for this game and dont play it because the mantis ruins every map that it is on, and those are the only maps i enjoy playing. Especially CTF on ragnarok, when they just hide behind the hill, it takes half the game to destroy it then it just respawns, and theres no way to get past it. It was a good idea for the campaign and maybe 1 map on multiplayer, but they really over did it. 80% of the people i have talked to want it removed as well, the rest dont mind if it is in or not. So yeah when is it going to be removed 343? I would like a mod's answer please. Or at least a major nerf so it dies in 4 plasma grenades or something.

Thanks

Why would they remove it? It is far less OP than the Scorpion and Wraith tanks. If you won't play until the mech is removed, you have a long wait.

The missiles barely lock on, and the machine gun is inaccurate and relatively low damage. A warthog with a good driver can beat it.

Find a way to counter it! Don't just run in the middle of the battlefield hoping to kill it, approach it correctly. Of course, make sure there are no enemies around if you want to board it. You can also have a teammate distract the driver so you can get behing him and destroy the Mantis.

There's another solution, don't vote for Ragnarok, Meltdown etc.

well how i sees it is that nothing is "OP" never it is the user of the item that is "OP" i mean if the manits is "OP" a verry bad player should get easily a runing riot same with the rocket lancher, it is not "OP" it is the user who is if a player is good with it they can get an overkill, and if a bad player use it they may miss

so my thought of this is you should find a way to destroy it i always have a plasma pistol as my secondary, always ready for any vehicles

BTW this is a fan made forum so we can't do anything about the game

the place you want to say your words in hope of change is  http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/

Your all wrong, the mantis is piss easy to use, the reason its OP is because of the insane amount of health it has. I do use the plasma pistol to take them down, but that only works if there is no enemies around, because i always just get shot off before i can take it down. A warthog is a useless vehicle against the mantis, one rocket and the warthog is flipped, and then your FLOWERED. And i want to vote for ragnarok, since halo 1 my favorite map has always been Blood Gulch, each halo game they change the name and the map slightly but leave it generally the same. Now its ruined thanks to the mantis. Especially when team mates are FLOWER BUDDIES and give our mantis to the enemy, which is 50 % of the time.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Edited inappropriate language to something more tasteful.

Your all wrong, the mantis is piss easy to use, the reason its OP is because of the insane amount of health it has. I do use the plasma pistol to take them down, but that only works if there is no enemies around, because i always just get shot off before i can take it down. A warthog is a useless vehicle against the mantis, one rocket and the warthog is flipped, and then your ******. And i want to vote for ragnarok, since halo 1 my favorite map has always been Blood Gulch, each halo game they change the name and the map slightly but leave it generally the same. Now its ruined thanks to the mantis. Especially when team mates are ******* retards and give our mantis to the enemy, which is 50 % of the time.

No vehicle in Halo 4 has any high amount of health. And if you're getting shot by people on the enemy team before you can board the Mantis, that doesn't make the Mantis OP. They're protecting their Mantis, which is nessecary if the driver is gonna last more than a couple minutes with it.

You want the Mantis removed from Multiplayer? LMFAO, you can get kills way faster with a gauss hog then a mantis, I don't see why you're complaining about it, the Mantis is probably my 2nd favorite vehicle of all the halos I have played. (Making the Falcon first.)

I see your points. But I have to disagree I rarely have trouble defeating it. There are multiple strategies to kill it. My favorite is plasma pistol and plasma grenade once you use the plasma pistol to disable it you can mount it and destroy it but if its to surrounded then it normally only takes a couple grenades I would suggest the AA that gives you 1 extra grenade. But by the chance your a stealth type or have low reaction time I would suggest finding the Mantis's route most players will either stay in one spot or have a set path find what the player does and use active camo to ambush him on his path or get close and take him out. I'm sure you can take him out but you might have to put thought into it. And asking for help never hurts even if no one has a mic most wont have you muted so just ask "Hey can someone detract the Mantis while I take it out?!" some people don't plug in their mic until someone starts talking strategy  If you don't have a mic try finding someone to partner with before matchmaking to help you take out the Mantis.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 3

I see your points. Bur I have to disagree I rarely have trouble defeating it. There are multiple stratigies to kill it. My favorite is plasma pistol and plasma grenade once you use the plasma pistol to disable it you can mount it and destroy it but if its to surrounded then it normally only takes a couple grenades I would suggest the AA that gives you 1 extra grenade. But by the chance your a stealth type or have low reaction time I would suggest finding the Mantis's route most players will either stay in one spot or have a set path find what the player does and use active camo to ambush him on his path or get close and take him out. Im sure you can take him out but you might have to put thought into it. And asking for help never hurts even if no one has a mic most wont have you muted so just ask "Hey can someone destract the Mantis while I take it out?!" some people dont plug in their mic until someone starts talking stratigy. If you dont have a mic try finding someone to partner with before matchmaking to help you take out the Mantis.

Those are some really good valid points you did there Harbinger! I completely agree with you on this part. Don't get angry at your teammates for not helping you, if you're not asking for help through the mic then it's your own fault. Partner up with someone, or do something. All players do have a route with a mantis. On Ragnarok, the enemy Mantis never pushes beyond the hill, so take advantage of what you know, and how good the pilot of the Mantis is. :yay:

• Like 2

OP means more powerful than any weapon, combination of weapons, or tactic that your opponents can come up with. 

Most people thinks it means "it kills me a ton and I don't know how to beat it."

Mantis can be taken out in less than a minute. Before it even gets any kills. Using basic spawn weapons that you can get by playing the game for less than an hour with no breaks.

The obvious solution to something being OP is to use it before your enemy can. If you try to use it and get owned, then obviously it's not as OP as you originally thought it was.

• Like 1

The Gauss. On exile, that thing is OP, one shot kills cross mapping before you can get to it, and PP's don't work against turret?

Thank you for its upcoming nerf.

Mantis is easy, if you don't defend it, it hopes down very quickly.

• Like 1

if its replaced with a human flying vehicle if not then let it stay. I will admit its a bit over powered but it turns slow making an easy get  away like the tank. every vehicle is over powered in there own way. mongoose fits in small areas and is a small target, ghost only need 1 person to operate and its very fast, banshee has the sky missiles, and  dodging mechanism, wraith ahs a boost and a heavy explosives and fast turret, scorpion the same besides boost, warthog is swift heavy enough to ram a Spartan and has various guns that all do major damage, there are more advantages to each of the vehicles but they all have disadvantages so you have to deal with it.all vehicles shouldn't even exist if you say the mantis is because I just showed you that all vehicles are op so do us a favor don't lie on how 80% of your friends agree with you if not 1 person agrees here. to avoid this mantis play costume game with friend that will be just as fun if not more fun.

I see no reason to remove It.

The maps that I enjoy dont have the Mantis on It.

But, I actually really like the Mantis only

If Im the person In It but,

I dont think It Is much of a problem If Im not :awesome: .

Maybe they could remove It from Slayer because,

Capture The Flag has a good use with the Mantis for certain reasons.

The chances of the them removing anything are slim.  Besides, there are allot of lessons for 343 to learn, and they cannot learn them all in one shot. But, give them enough time, and they will slowly start to change. Just look at the new forge map they just released, sure some things are disorderly, but the good news is, they have finally responded to the cries and anger from fans about forge. So just wait patiently. They are just a brand new gaming company, gotta give them time. 

The chances of the them removing anything are slim.  Besides, there are allot of lessons for 343 to learn, and they cannot learn them all in one shot. But, give them enough time, and they will slowly start to change. Just look at the new forge map they just released, sure some things are disorderly, but the good news is, they have finally responded to the cries and anger from fans about forge. So just wait patiently. They are just a brand new gaming company, gotta give them time. 

Hi!!

This thread is pretty pointless. The Mantis is not over powered...if I get in a Mantis, it should just say "suicide" and end it then and save the other team some ammo... I cant last 30 seconds in it against a decent team. I haven't found anything in H4 that truly meets the definition of "OP". I never had the problem with people using the boltshot on me, it will happen like twice in a game and then I change what I am doing and it stops. The DMR is not OP when compared to a BR, I use the DMR all the time, and guess what...yes, I have played some really good players that can OWN me with an AR...and some good players that have OWNED me with a BR....but get this, I cant kill ANYTHING with a BR...just doesn't work for me....just about everything in every Halo game has a way around it, sometimes its just hard to find the way around it. I have been losing by 10 kills before and change what I am doing and win the game in the last 3 minutes...Its not the weapons or vehicles you choose to use, its HOW you use them, plain and simple.... 

• 2 weeks later...