Anyone play Halo PC still?

Destroyaaa

Man I missed out. I was gonna get Custom Edition way back but I decided not to because my computer already had enough problems. Even without it I had so much fun and I still have it waiting to be played cuz my PC is killed. Halo CE is evidence of Gameplay over Graphics cuz u know now in days graphics is "everything"

I still play Halo: Custom Edition on PC. There is still A LOT of people playing as well as Custom maps still being made. I play all the time or whenever I can connect to a server. But that happens very little.

Edited by Aʀᴅᴇɴᴛ Pʀᴀʏᴇʀ

I still play Halo PC. Halo Custom Edition to be precise. It still has quite an active community.

This map in particular, which has yet to be released, looks really impressive and aims to remake The Silent Cartographer entirely. 

They also plan on doing every other level in Halo CE: 

This completely custom singleplayer map with decent voice acting and an entertaining story was very fun too:

This other custom single player level was fun too:

Not to mention a lot of things from later Halo games have been modded in already. The best of these in my opinion is this one, being awfully close to Halo 3:

Firefight has also been modded in, all of them are very fun. My favorite of among the Firefight maps is this one:

• Like 1

I think the PC Halo community's dead now

I have to disagree. You barely see a game from 2003 still having 1,000 players per day online and still have maps and mods actively made for it. Sure, the numbers aren't as big as modern games have, but it's impressive for a game as old as it is.

As for the "lack of new maps" on Halomaps.org being uploaded, well, Dennis (Halomaps.org founder) was on vacation for a while... The thing is, he doesn't post maps without testing them (And for a good reason. If he uploaded any map without testing, there'd be a lot more maps for download and you'd download it but find out it was broken. That would be a waste of time)

So, none of the maps uploaded from June to now were put up on Halomaps.org. There are somewhere over 200 map files right now measuring over 10GB that are yet to be uploaded. Dennis said so himself here:

Halomapsreason_zps10865232.png

In the mean time, a separate group of people organized a website for CE3 (An event for Custom Edition started in 2010 as a showcase for maps) and have now used it not only for showing off Halo maps, but also as another place to upload/download Halo maps:

http://haloce3.com/

The above website is where Takedown: Project Lawson was released alongside a lot of other great maps. Including a "Halo Star Wars", "BattleCraft", and a firefight map called "Firefight Amnesia".

Also uploaded on CE3 is an entirely different map called "Strategy Game Variant" which, as the name implies, is done in a similar way to Halo Wars. It's quite fun, to be honest:

Halo PC is still alive. Many quality mods are still being made.

Awesome choice in servers, because they are the best! We recommend that anyone who wants to play fun and fair games in Halo PC/CE should check out the ASH Clan Halo Servers, and visit our website.  :yes

Hahaha, yeah you guys have good servers! I was just playing on one late last week. Always a fun time :)

I am considering buying it, It seems like a good offer since you know... Halo PC!! :D

You don't have to buy it, dude! It's free to download...

Just download this (click red download button), download this patch (again, click red download button) and then install!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I hope you still use this forum and read your posts because I absolutely LOVE Halo Custom Edition and multiplayer (so much I even bought a wired xbox 360 controller to improve the experience). My still play regularly on multiplayer, as well as playing the downloadable multiplayer and single player maps from Halomaps.org. So give me a message if you're still playing, I'm looking for someone to play all these maps with!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
image.png

A conversion of b30_b to multiplayer with ai and the NES zapper.

zip download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8kqnedlmi6cxel/b30b_ai_glow_fixed.zip

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

ZIP DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i80bhr87mgcg6hg/Grunts_Red_vs_Blue.zip

This is a simple multiplayer map with ai. Hope you like the NES zapper.

senti.png

A simple single player map, play as sentinel. To load map use console command "map_name senti".

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8t74ax69w7cxc0/senti.zip

BIG SNOWY MAP for halo custom edition

bsm_beta.png

Zip download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9562sptdwz6t4z8/big_snowy_map.zip

Giving credits out to; Zteam, Jesse, and the author of "Particle Effects". I save time using others instead of  creating my own tags, I adjusted theirs as needed.

Objective games greatly differ from slayer. If your a sniper you will more then likely appreciate both CTF and SLAYER, snipers are going to get the most kills, then comes assault rifle and battle riffle users. If you do a one shot burst on ar it is more acculturate then the 3 shot burst br.

I LOVE HALO COMBAT EVOLVED!!! especial custom edition makes modding so easy.

• 2 months later...