why forward onto dawn is bad.

AnimalDenWinter

For me Forward onto dawn isn't entertaining because there's simply not

enough action in the episodes. Plus, episode 6 hasn't came out for ages,

if they came out more quickly i'll probaly like it more.

1 really annoying thing that was talked about too much in the first episode, Corbula station people were

always talking about how Cesus won a war with less men than the enemy. I honestly don't think it works with 

halo.

Please leave feedback to tell me what you think of this. :D  :thumbsup: 

I think you're rather alone on that one. I enjoyed the series, and I don't think an overt focus on action would have been better. They were trying to establish Laskey as a character, and show what training academies are like. Save the action for the game.

• Like 1

Well I thought it was pretty good. And dude, theres not gonna be a sixth episode.

Holy crap, no mention of bananas!

Anway, I thought it was pretty good, production value was sick as hell for a web series. Acting wasn't exactly top-of-the-line but it was solid all around, especially during the climax, they were doing better than most of the **** you see on network TV nowadays. Action was light because it's expensive to do action, but what they did was pretty badass. As to the sixth episode, I thought it was pretty clear that 5 was the end, didn't you? It was a satisfactory wrap up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's not about action but about character. A story all about punching isn't a story. There's character development, and that's what makes every movie great, especially video game based ones, whether it's machinima, or animated, or live action.

People weren't looking to see Chief murder tens of thousands of covenant. Thats what you do in the game. People were looking forward to see what would happen next at Corbulo Military Science Academy, to seeing Chief through the eyes of a recruit, and seeing how Chief influences the recruit from being a guy who wanted to quit out and use his medical issue as an excuse, or as a recruit who would be inspired to become a true hero.

And wasn't it awesome, seeing Thomas Lasky as a dork to seeing him in Halo 4?

It wasn't based about halo multiplayer.

And the UNSC was known to win battles where they were largely outnumbered due to superior tactics rather than throwing men at the enemy.

Same for multiplayer. A four man team with assault rifles can take out eight with DMRs if they use good coordination and teamwork.

Oh, and you won't like the books. Lots of talking there. Not as much action there either.

Anyway, it is there for us that care about lore. Not those who (solely) focus on multiplayer.

You have no excuse to dislike this movie! In every halo it is NOT always just fighting and action. You  have to know what's going on and what's happening, a story that's just action isn't that great. Like Cortana says in Halo 4 Campaign Mission Reclaimer "I don't know about you, but I like a little intel with my intel."

For me Forward onto dawn isn't entertaining because there's simply not

enough action in the episodes. Plus, episode 6 hasn't came out for ages,

if they came out more quickly i'll probaly like it more.

1 really annoying thing that was talked about too much in the first episode, Corbula station people were

always talking about how Cesus won a war with less men than the enemy. I honestly don't think it works with 

halo.

Please leave feedback to tell me what you think of this. :D  :thumbsup:

Well, here's the thing: They were trying to make it different from the Halo games. They didn't want to make a feature film based around the Master Chief killing Covenant, because when watching it (at least for me) it would only make people wish they were playing the games instead. I found it entertaining because it goes into the story of the cadets, and the marines whereas in the other games, they were pushed to the sides. They didn't want to make action scenes, they wanted to tell a story about a squad of cadets. I haven't watched it in a while, but I think they were talking about how Cesus won a war with less men, just to show the cadets that higher numbers does not always mean victory. "I honestly don't think it works with Halo" Again, they were trying to do something different, and it worked quite well. Also, I don't think they will ever make a 6th episode. Forward unto Dawn was mostly a build-up for Halo 4.

You have no excuse to dislike this movie! In every halo it is NOT always just fighting and action. You  have to know what's going on and what's happening, a story that's just action isn't that great. Like Cortana says in Halo 4 Campaign Mission Reclaimer "I don't know about you, but I like a little intel with my intel."

lmao i remember that XD besides sooner or later the action would get boring if it was just constant action ALL the time
  • Like 1

You have to admit, it didn't seem all too great, but you were expecting more Master Chief/Spartan action, right? Well, first of all, if you were expecting something in particular from it, why didn't you just read the description? It says about how a young cadet did bla bla, etc. And that's what happened. So why come complain, if there isn't a big deal. Most people probably do like it, and just because I don't agree, doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion. ;)

• 2 months later...

I thought it was pretty impressive considering it was a promotional short for a video game.

I mean ok it was a bit like starship troopers without the irony a lot of the time, but they did great considering the budget probably wasnt all that. I thought the young actors were all good. Hopefully it demonstrates that halo could be a good movie or tv series

I thought it was pretty impressive considering it was a promotional short for a video game.

I mean ok it was a bit like starship troopers without the irony a lot of the time, but they did great considering the budget probably wasnt all that. I thought the young actors were all good. Hopefully it demonstrates that halo could be a good movie or tv series

Let's try not to revive this thread anymore.

• Like 1