Forum Memories

SykoWolf

I remember back in early 2012, Quantum and I were watching the NFL playoffs and it was Patriots Vs. Ravens... It was the last play of the game and the Ravens needed a field goal to win.... Quantum Matrix called exactly what happened next. "Wide Right" and the kick was wide right and the Patriots won. :3

• Like 1

well, this may not have been specifically on the forums, but it was with a bunch of forum members. Some of us got together online one saturday and partied up to do some big team battle. I do recall Spades and Vaulting Frog being there, possibly Sweaty Bagels. sorry if you were there but i did not meantion you name. Anyways, someone meantioned how they played a game of BTB one time where everyone on their team used the autosentry ability. They positioned inside of a building and set up those littles guys at every door, so it would be a challenge to break in. We felt a nit noobish at that moment, so we decided to try it out......well, lets say it didnt work very well.

:troll:

The next game, i reccomended that we all use holograms as our armor ability so team would look like it doubled in size. We start the game on Exile and everyone sends off their holograms in the straightaway by the scorpion. It all worked perfectly from that point on. The other team wasted all of their power weapons on the decoys and could never tell when they were looking at real players. by the end of the game, the entire other team had rage quit and were completely replaced with new guys who quit throughout the game. It was a very entertaining time..... well at least for our team :laughing: . I highly reccomend this strategy if you have a full team of 8 that you can work together with. It may make you look like a noob, but it works amazing

• Like 4

I remember the time I stumped the Director in the shoutbox....he had NO idea what an ANZAC cookie was :o

But he looked it up on google before I could post it on his thread.....

Or something even more recent, after the update on the site, I had just come back from work and Twam was mingling in the shoutbox, o I had to get in on it.

Discovered that Twammy is ALOT more relaxed when not in a crowd lol

And that he use bad grammar :troll:

Oh and this of course :3

post-28117-0-87146200-1362396972.jpg

Edited by SykoWolf
  • Like 1

Chapter One Jesters Memoirs

I've given this some serious thought and thought I would share with you some of my forum memories

Way back in the old days I remember a member joining who was polite, in the know, and would answer members questions about the technical side of Halo, letting them know what was and wasn't possible, that member was Twinreaper.

Twin was a breath of fresh air when he joined the forum, here we had a member that could break Halo down to a single line of programming code, and tell it back to you in a way that actually made sense. I lost count of the times a member posted about AI in forge etc, and I would reply with 'Wheres Twin when you need him' and up he popped.

Around the same sort of time a member joined who was a Halo 3 fan, he wasn't the biggest fan of Reach, but supported Bungie in all of there efforts, and knew whilst Reach had its flaws, he could see through all of that and enjoy Reach for what it was. At this time, you were able to leave comments in peoples profiles, I remember answering a post on a members profile, and getting the response of 'Do you have a problem with me or something?' yep my humour failed there but I did have a tendency to miss the mark and take things too far, so quickly explained I was having a joke, what came from that almost instantly was a great friendship which grows stronger everyday, that member Absolute Dog. (do you remember that AD?). AD quickly came through the ranks to the Site Moderator you all know him as now. AD is a great friend, and the chats we have via pm and XBL are the stuff of legends, a 5 minute chat turns into a 5 hour marathon LOL. I see AD in orange and sit back smiling, knowing the forum has the right person in Orange, the Captain of the ship, who is steering it to the top....

There are times in your like when personal issues really get to you, and feel that you have nowhere to turn or no-one to talk to, and suddenly you realise it is right in front of you all the time, both on this forum and elsewhere. This member we talked / interacted o this forum quite a lot (only had chance to talk once on XBL, and boy does he have a deep voice (theres a clue!)) I found myself on here and elsewhere telling all my troubles to him, and he listened, understood, sympathised, and replied, you know what? it worked this guy has the magic touch, instantly felt better, hes the Dad of the forum, and a great friend to all, aren't you Choot'em.

Theres also a few members who sadly don't seem to be here anymore so El Silverado, eliteultra, Itz Keefy, come back guys your missed.

One day Twam was doing an update on the forum, basically whilst the update was going on, the only people that could access the forum was the Moderating Team, well lets just say this, the bad word filter was on overload, and there was so many smilies we would of all fallen foul of the shoutbox rules.

April fools Day, Twam's Revenge!!!!!

Luke was a red admin, Twam was black (banned) I was green, AD was trusted, and the forum was in uproar, everybody thought Luke had hacked the forum, locked out Twam, and demoted all the moderating team, this went on all day, what members didnt know was we still had all our mod powers, so we were helping Luke maintain the I am the powerful Luke overlord all day.

I spent half the day, desperately pming members who were disgusted and leaving the forum, to advise them it was an april fools joke so please play along we are still in control LMAO, an hilarious day.

1 more and I'm done, The GSD Court date by Church, yes it was only the other week, but for me that is a Forum Classic and for anyone that remembers it, will be a classic for years to come, if you dont know what Im talking about check the offbeat section. A classic thread from Church, and one I will always remember.

One thing this forum has given me is friends for life we may never meet in the real world, but we may do one day who knows. But with myself not being a hardcore Halo player it's given me the opportunity to meet people I never would of never had the chance to and the opportunity to call them friends. Who do I thank for that? Easy Twam for creating this forum and for replying to a certain pm I sent him 2 years ago volunteering my services to help out lol

• Like 9

man, I remember the old forums.  So devoid of life.  hard to believe I was here way back then.  So amny people have come and gone, and are still here.  So many memories to recall and so little time.  I'll just say this, if not for the real friends I made here (those I talk to via phone and text), my life would be a much sadder place to be.  AD, I never grow tired of the funny ass things he get into and say.  Jester, your a trooper and an awesomely funny guy.  I couldn't imagine a forum without you guys.  So thanks for the memories, and here is to making hopefully...a million more!

• Like 6

An' so we can keep piling on the rememberances...

So...when Donut was doing his machinima, that was simply UPROAR. I'm talking pure CHAOS. Ya see, Donut STILL doesn't have a mic, (one of these days I'm just gonna get one for him) and so he was directing his machinima in the shoutbox...quite a task all who were present will admit.

• Like 2

Geez....where to even begin? Joined the forums going on two years now and I remember there only around 4000 - 5000 members at the time. Wasn't sure what to make of this place. Stayed pretty quiet for a few weeks, just browsing the interesting material posted by the members that were on regularly at the time, then began posting a bit. I was the "unknown" then but soon found out that there were others here like me, just a dad that enjoyed gaming, particularly the Halo series.

I wasn't much on highly technical posts so my OP's didn't get much attention, that is until I began the mind boggling series of puzzle solving contests that really seemed to involve alot of thinking but in actuality, were answered in the OP itself. I remember adamj's attempts at solving these puzzles. He came really close and actually got one correct in a live version I put on in the shoutbox.

The absolute best one I remember was the one that took 30 days to complete. The answers I received were very entertaining and lol'd so much at so many until my abdomen was literally cramping up. Twinreaper was sooooo close to getting it correct but one member had the persistence to see it through to the end. When the announcement was made that there was a winner, I immediately got called out in the shoutbox for a 1v1 on Halo 3 Rockets, lmao! Of course I lost! (Thanks quilts, lol).

Many fond memories of the back and forth PMs between Jester and AD and me constantly bugging Twam about possible issues or bugs with the site (though MANY were just user error, lmao). The many, many hours spent on Halo 3 with Absolute Dog and imakequilts and the many playdates I hosted with AgentLoFi.

The wonderfully surprising announcement thread by AD that I was expecting a new daughter (Kendalyn) and the day I announced my soon to arrive son (Easton) and realizing that I have been here nearly two years and have had to announce two additional children, lmao! :rofl:

The good memories will always outweigh the bad (actually not too many bad ones, lol) and hope a few more good memories are created. Have made alot of good friends. Thank you all who were able to see through the redneck, lol! :thumbsup:

• Like 9

My memories? :troll:

Iwin1-1.jpg 

Iwin2.jpg

Ahhhh, the hi-jinx.

Director, this is one of the two times I banned you from posting! lol Thing is, you always took it like a man, no whinning and crying or getting your friends to come to your aid. Believe it or not Director your ability, like some others, to stand up and take it and own up to it are why I like and respect you as I do. Look at you now, you have to enforce the very rules you pushed the boundaries of..........go figure! lol

• Like 6

One thing I'll always remember was the first time I got in trouble. It was about a week or so after I joined, I spam posted way more then allowed and got a PM from Absolute Dog.

In most cases, I would have been banned and thats it, but AD had the decency to give me a chance, so he just removed some of my posts and told me to discontinue my spamming.

I greatly admired him for giving me that chance, and not once since have I be banned or given a warning point.

I try my best to follow the rules of our community and must thank AD for giving me the chance to prove myself  ^_^

Another memory thats close to me was a special happy birthday from AD last year aswell ^_^

"hey.....I just wanted to take the time to personally wish you a Happy

Birthday! Hope you have=had a good one"

Not many moderators on the interwebs can profess to take as much time out of their work to show their members such niceness ^_^

Another excellent memory was my first PM to Azaxx, he had bad grammar back then ;)

post-28117-0-39672900-1362497247_thumb.jpg
post-28117-0-77675200-1362497309_thumb.jpg

Edited by SykoWolf
  • Like 2

Man with so many memories and great friendships made here, it's a shame we really do come from all corners of the world.  I would love to have a 343i get together someday and really hang with most of you guys.  I'm sure it would be priceless epic fun to talk about for years to come!  But sadly I think AD and Derp are the only 2 close to me.

• Like 9

Man with so many memories and great friendships made here, it's a shame we really do come from all corners of the world.  I would love to have a 343i get together someday and really hang with most of you guys.  I'm sure it would be priceless epic fun to talk about for years to come!  But sadly I think AD and Derp are the only 2 close to me.

Twin I completely agree with you.

I absolutely love alot of the guys and gals in our little community and a get together some day would be excellent.

If it ever does come to fruition, Im certainly going to take some leave and attend, nothing would be more fun then kicking Ad's butt in Swat ;)

Edited by SykoWolf
  • Like 1

sykowolf, that is so sweet. any ways my good memory is when total mayhem warned me about reviving topics. and my best memory is probably when i was just doing a random thing which was looking at the birthdays of that day and for some reason i just wanted to be very nice and send everyone with a birthday that a message of happy birthday. i sent about 20 total. and i got no replies so i gave up at looking for any PMs but one member was just nice enough to reply to my PM and said thank you. then somehow we both brought up a conversation and now we are best friends on this forum and have sent several PMs back and fourth. we got to know each other very well and get along great! the member that was very nice to me was katthejedi. and later we learned that she lived like 40 minutes away from me in utah.

another good memory was when i was sick a few weeks ago (i got sick AGAIN and it is not fun and i got it worse than before) and i sent to the shout box that i was sick and meta knight and axxaxx both replies and we got a good conversation going. then meta knight and i started to PM each other and had a great conversation. i love this forum and thank every last one of you for great times

Twin I completely agree with you.

I absolutely love alot of the guys and gals in our little community and a get together some day would be excellent.

If it ever does come to fruition, Im certainly going to take some leave and attend, nothing would be more fun then kicking Ad's butt in Swat ;)

if i could go i totally would go if this were to happen but i may not be able to go because of my parents and school so if it were to happen it would have to be in a few years after my high school years i have two more years in high school. but i'd totally try to make it

• Like 1

AD has always been there for us. Like just last month, I made a status update about my dad passing, and I got a PM from him telling me of his sympathy  And before that, I used to send him messages with a picture of an English Bulldog. Telling him that when I see his name, I think of an English Bulldog. 

Jester is a great friend. And has always been. He is very understanding. I remember when when my fuse was a bit short, he PM'd me once asking if I was upset with him. I replied back, but after I was done, I realized how long the message was. Poor Jester had to read my novel of an answer for a simple question. 

I was once banned once on this site. I woke up in the morning and tried to log in, only to find out that I couldn't  So I started spamming AD's messages on xbl to help me figure out what happened. Later, after AD got Twam involved, it was discovered that my IP had landed on a spam bot's IP. An that the spam bot was banned earlier that day. And my internet company at the time recycles the IP addresses. I laugh about it still to this day that my dumb internet company got me banned. This happened I think back in July of last year. 

And during my down days, I am glad that I kept coming back here. This place most certainly helped ease my mind. And it drove me nuts over this past weekend without internet because I couldn't get on here. 

PS- Jester, can we have a Chapter 2? :)

:heart: Zelda

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was a hellavuh lot more active here spending pretty much every waking moment here... Then I took some time off recently...

I remember all the fantastic conversations I have with a person I consider my brother and closest friend Azaxx :)

and all the conversations with a sister like figure I have in Zelda :)

and Ashlynn of course :)

Those three really helped me alot in my time here, and so they will always have a place in my heart :)

I know it sounds cheesy..but whatever :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing I'll always remember was the first time I got in trouble. It was about a week or so after I joined, I spam posted way more then allowed and got a PM from Absolute Dog.

In most cases, I would have been banned and thats it, but AD had the decency to give me a chance, so he just removed some of my posts and told me to discontinue my spamming.

I greatly admired him for giving me that chance, and not once since have I be banned or given a warning point.

I try my best to follow the rules of our community and must thank AD for giving me the chance to prove myself  ^_^

Another memory thats close to me was a special happy birthday from AD last year aswell ^_^

"hey.....I just wanted to take the time to personally wish you a Happy

Birthday! Hope you have=had a good one"

Not many moderators on the interwebs can profess to take as much time out of their work to show their members such niceness ^_^

Another excellent memory was my first PM to Azaxx, he had bad grammar back then ;)

that same thing happened to me syko wolf. it was a pokemon thread. i was spamming by accident and he also warned me instead of banning me. he then removed my posts except two. and i love all of the mods for what they do. thank you all of you. also i remember when there was this troll called 343isucks**** and drizzly and a few other people made him change his name. then another troll. named ryan shirely and how he trolled the shout box. i just witnessed that one i wasn't in it at all

also i have a ton of memories but there are so many i don't want to explain them now. some people seem like brother and sisters to me. they are silent orbis, drizzy, Razgrizgirl, katthejedi, azaxx, elite, elitesniper, crimson volver, ryu hyubasa, spark93/spark/sparky, 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No recent posts...Surely we have more memories than this? XD

1. My first day here. I don't know who was in the Shoutbox that night, but...well, it was a strange memory. Something about a flood attack.

2. SykoWolf's appearance on the scene. Don't know why, but Syko was that guy that seemed like a great friend the first day he joined.

3. AD's return. I was late and had no idea who AD was when I became active. I saw him in everyone's sig. One day, he was back in action. Everyone was overjoyed and I was just...*whut* After that day, I knew why everyone awaited his return.

4. Payne. My best friend before he left. Everyone else got aggravated with him at times, but I knew why he was the way he was. I still wish to see him again one day.

5. My service under The Director. A confusing time, to be sure. His orders were...cryptic. There is no defying a Direction once it is administered.

6. SternuS and I, resurrecting the "Guess who will post next" thread. Took a while, but it made it back up there. 'Till recently.

7. Just a couple of days ago, Syko got me hooked on MLP. Applejack FTW! (Azaxx, ye shall not defy this!)

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa
  • Like 2

No recent posts...Surely we have more memories than this? XD

1. My first day here. I don't know who was in the Shoutbox that night, but...well, it was a strange memory. Something about a flood attack.

2. SykoWolf's appearance on the scene. Don't know why, but Syko was that guy that seemed like a great friend the first day he joined.

3. AD's return. I was late and had no idea who AD was when I became active. I saw him in everyone's sig. One day, he was back in action. Everyone was overjoyed and I was just...*whut* After that day, I knew why everyone awaited his return.

4. Payne. My best friend before he left. Everyone else got aggravated with him at times, but I knew why he was the way he was. I still wish to see him again one day.

5. My service under The Director. A confusing time, to be sure. His orders were...cryptic. There is no defying a Direction once it is administered.

6. SternuS and I, resurrecting the "Guess who will post next" thread. Took a while, but it made it back up there. 'Till recently.

7. Just a couple of days ago, Syko got me hooked on MLP. Applejack FTW! (Azaxx, ye shall not defy this!)

i had the same memory as the third one you stated when i joined too. another memory was when tucker joined and i helped him make his first thread (or at least one of his first) and right as he asked for me to help him i knew he would be one of my best forum friends, also another best friend of mine in baconshelf he and a few others like total mayhem and AD have always been there for me when i have been down or having bad family relations

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...