Forum Memories

SykoWolf

One time during Absolute Dog's hiatus from the site he was a Legendary Member at the time and would check in every few weeks and I saw he was online once and I summoned him to the shoutbox by saying "Absolute Dog I summon you to the shoutbox." I was fairly new at the time and I looked up to him just as much then as I do now so when he responded it was pretty freaking amazing for me. Good times :thumbup:

• Like 3

My most embarrassing yet entertaining time is the day that I've tagged as the "343iBot Moment" where I thought 343iBot was a guy, but I was dead wrong, and everyone was like "it's a she" and I was like "OMG sorry" and everyone was like "lol" and Sarge threatened me with double shotguns.

Lol i remember that!

Iremeber during the latest forum election SOMEBODY changed my name probably 20 times. It was a fun day yet SuperIntendent still lost.

• Like 1

My memories are all stored in pms. One was Absolute Dog told me that  gsd and twam were bill gates sons,and that jester told me to write a 5000 word essay for staff lol. Also another is playing  halo wars with twam and gsd. Another is  finding out that I was becoming staff.   Theres others but I dont think they are needed to be said in a post trust me lol.

• Like 3

a few of my best memories was when i first joined someone sent me a private message right after "343ibot said welcome o the forums haloman2" and i was invited by some members to join in the conversation we all had. then a few days later my history class was being very boring back then before my teacher banned the use of laptops while taking notes and i was chatting to people on the shout box, and a day later telling one of my dreams in the shout box during my school lunch charging my lap top in my next class and feeling very welcomed. then is when i met one (who i haven't seen for about a year now and greatly miss), and just recently (actually not too recent like december of 2012) when i met meta knight and talked to katthejedi in the shout box and then getting in a great private conversation with all of them. and last but not least was a week after i joined i saw a post in some news by v0 HaVoK 0v and someone disagreed with him and was a jerk to him and i defended him a bit, then he sent me a private message saying thanks and it turned out we had a lot in common.

A few of my fond memories of the site are talking with DocSpartanO07 while he was in Iraq and knowing his compound was coming under mortar attacks and he would come back afterwards and fill us in on life in combat while we kept him up to date about Halo.

AD, you remembering this means a lot to me. This is why I love this community. My fondest memories here are of how talking with you guys got me through some really tough times. Times when I just didn't want to get up and face what I had to do on a given day.

I remember that day I jumped off the SB when we took incoming. I removed shrapnel from a kids face, arm and leg. Then came right back here and continued our conversation. Those are the things I remember the most. Talking to you AD and SJ and all the other veterans of the community. The more this community grows, the more I love being  part of it.

Some of the things I remember....its harsh, but its the truth...

I lost a 20yr old PFC to a road side bomb, three weeks after treating him for the same thing. He always stopped to say hi and had dinner with me at the chow hall often, was the first soldier that acted like he appreciated what I did for him when he got hit the first time. When I lost him, I was devastated....

While I was filling in for another Medic that was on leave, I lost a 19yr old PFC to a RPG...I remember after the Doc called time of death, I inventoried his personal affects, in his left front pocket was a picture of him and his family. That was a bad day, one of my worst. For months after, everytime I closed my eyes, I saw his family...and how guilty I felt because I wasn't able to save him.

I set up a make shift aid station to treat locals in a small Iraqi village one day, I ended up not treating anyone...I was too busy providing security for the horde of Adults punching and kicking the 2 and 3yr old kids that wanted to see a doc so they could get all the free meds for themselves. It was 125 degrees that day, I was in full body armor, I was out for 10 hours...I was exhausted and just wanted it all to end...Just wanted to burn the entire country.

These are just few of the bad times I had in Iraq, but I had some of my best times ever over there. Because of this community, talking with you guys took my mind off the bad things, kept me sharp and on point. I could finally sleep, after talking with the members here, halo was on my mind when I went to bed. The nightmares didn't come as often, I was at peace...thank you, to everyone here. I will never forget the times I have had here, nor will I ever feel I can repay this community for what is given me.

I love you all.

• Like 9

Oh the good times. I remember a few, and sometimes allot. But a couple has managed to stick out the most. 

When I first joined, I met Azy and Nova. And a kid with a Spartan name. He had a number following it, but I dont remember what it was. Anyways, I dont remember the entire conversation, but somehow Azy managed to bring ponies into it. And pretty soon, We were all picking out different colored ponies in Halo 4. Wishing we could pick our own colors on it. And that it would be funny if 343 decided to use it as an Easter egg.  I laughed incredibly hard that day on here. Which was what kept me coming back. Pretty soon, I became addicted to this site. 

Some of the silly shout box games we would play. (Dragon, Reaper, Azy, Syko, and more)

And the one I remember the clearest, was when I had to go to bed, but just before I closed the laptop, I noticed Jester, Choot 'em, and AD talking random like usual. Only funny thing about it was, they were trying to be hip. And then I got the mental image of Jester talking hip. Seeing as how Jester is from the UK, I could only imagine. But for almost an hour, I couldn't close the laptop because I was watching their conversation in the shout box. 

Most of the other times were in the PM's. But another on in public, was when Jester made Hippie a thread for his work towards becoming Inheritor. it was a blast, and it meant everything to Hippie when Jester did that thread. To him, he felt honored. 

• Like 5

When I managed to get AD in a PM that wasn't moderating related.

Most site's I was on before had Mod's who just didnt care...

However we are lucky here to have moderators who care, and are more then just moderators, but friends in many cases :)

Cheers to the mods and Staff... you guys rock :)

Other memories were talking to Princess and Azy for many hours in the day, those two are two truly great members of the site and some of my closest friends :)

Don't know how I would be without them :)

Same goes to a certain kitty cat ;)

• Like 3