Spartan Ops Season 1 Thoughts

Sadly Just AL

I've completed the full season and have followed the story and cinematics, and the ending was fairly decent and gives a large feeling of variety to come in the next season as it will not occur on Requiem for... obvious reasons. This season was very good, though the mission cinematics could be a little more story based. But enough of my opinions, what did you guys think of the first season.

I think Spartan Ops fills in hearts of the Reach fans very well. Without it, I don't think Halo 4 could have had as much of a story spark it did since day one. But the game as a whole is nice, Spartan Ops just filled in the content gap very well, episodes 6-10 were fantastic.

It definitely does fill in the gap from the campaign is finished so it's nice to have another storyline to follow after the other is done.

Overall, I enjoyed Spartan Ops. It allowed players, weeks after completing the campaign, to continue to the story line and kept the thrill of the game alive weeks after most would have shelved it.

I do, however, have a few issues with it. I definitely thought the story was weak in areas, and although it sounds ridiculous, I feel it took away a little of the magic of Halo. The soundtrack, though strong in parts, was recycled throughout the episodes in Season 1. Some characters were bland and predictable, showing little depth and displaying the flat and annoyingly stereotypical military brute-type. Some missions were stronger than others, but most were redundant and just twenty minutes of running from one side of a map to another pushing buttons and killing dozens (maybe hundreds) of Covenant / Prometheans. If you're going to make a series intended to bridge the plot-lines between Halo 4 and Halo 5, it needs to be executed with a very delicate hand. I'd much rather have quality than volume.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Spartan Ops. The graphics, cinematography, and advancement of the Halo lore are all things I definitely can't complain about. I just have extremely high expectations for anything bearing the Halo name, and I don't like that Spartan Ops has, to a mild degree, cheapened the all-around amazing Halo 4 game.

I didn't like it. I REALLY wanted to like it. But I didn't.

482466_3947257020109_596460119_n.jpg

I hate the fact that you cannot lose the game. I cant think of another mode in another game off the top of my head like that.

SO was slated to be a tactical game where a team of spartans has to work together to accomplish a mission. It felt like something where though you could run it solo, having teammates would increase your odds of success. Instead, your odds are always 100%, but you are meant to die all the time too, so it doesn't FEEL like you should be winning.

On top of that, they decided to cram more enemies, more threats, more masses of threats into the game, making all of Chief's campaigns and their highlights look tame and easy compared to the exploits of joe spartan. But it ruins the whole "Spartans can really do it through superior skill and strategy", because you don't. You just run and die, or at least, you're kind of supposed to.

SO became a party style, IDGF lulz, much like Firefight at the time, which I really dislike.

I hate the fact that you cannot lose the game. I cant think of another mode in another game off the top of my head like that.

SO was slated to be a tactical game where a team of spartans has to work together to accomplish a mission. It felt like something where though you could run it solo, having teammates would increase your odds of success. Instead, your odds are always 100%, but you are meant to die all the time too, so it doesn't FEEL like you should be winning.

On top of that, they decided to cram more enemies, more threats, more masses of threats into the game, making all of Chief's campaigns and their highlights look tame and easy compared to the exploits of joe spartan. But it ruins the whole "Spartans can really do it through superior skill and strategy", because you don't. You just run and die, or at least, you're kind of supposed to.

SO became a party style, IDGF lulz, much like Firefight at the time, which I really dislike.

you can like when the thing you are deffending on legendary blows up it automatically make's the mission fail  

I thought Season 1 was pretty well done.

Lol dude. Love the PIcture!

I think the story was awesome. The characters were a little one-sided, but they haven't been around for too long. Gameplay was great at first, but got boring around episodes 4-5. The rest was really amazing. I have to agree with Dawn Wolf about losing though, it's not very tactical at all, most of the the time there's just a chaos with plasma and bullets flying all over. It's an enjoyable chaos, but I would've liked to see something else, too. There were some sneaky parts, but they were scarce. I'd give Season One a 8.5/10.