T O lR T A

20 members have voted

1. 1. Camo Campers

• Hate them
    • Love them

Sounds like a bunch of people are mad they're getting owned by invisible snipers lol.

Normally I would be all over hating on something that you needed to obtain in other games, but there are so many broken elements in this one that I really don't care that much here. I think all armor abilities have no place in a game like halo.

THAT being said, I will keep using active camo on big team maps, it's just too effective not to use. Here's the thing though, I constantly move, but I use camo all the time, it's perfect for getting under cover and remaining undetected out in the open while your insane shield recharge time starts it's 6 second count down.

Sounds like a bunch of people are mad they're getting owned by invisible snipers lol.

Normally I would be all over hating on something that you needed to obtain in other games, but there are so many broken elements in this one that I really don't care that much here. I think all armor abilities have no place in a game like halo.

THAT being said, I will keep using active camo on big team maps, it's just too effective not to use. Here's the thing though, I constantly move, but I use camo all the time, it's perfect for getting under cover and remaining undetected out in the open while your insane shield recharge time starts it's 6 second count down.

Why use camo in BTB? I remember I played a game with my friends against some other team on ragnarock. And well their tactic was use camo glitch all the time that whole game. They were not the greatest players, It ended up 1000 to around 150 to 200. We were laughing the whole time when they were using camo. You really don't need it for BTB. Unless.... of course you're sniping.

If you move place to place and snipe+camo.

I still assume you're a noob right?

And if you watch out for you team like I certainly do.

Well no of course not. If you move place to place it is good and helps your team. not only that but if enemy tries to get you they will have to find your new spot. Therefore, breaking the camping. Unless that new spot is your permanent spot.

• Like 1

When the radar jamming distortion stuff comes on your radar, the player in cammo is actually located at the most concentrated point of it, I mean once you get used to it you can almost locate em off radar before they even see you lol.

I do not find cammo that much of an issue in this game, I now know where the most campy spots are and if there is distortion on radar I can pretty much land a nade on top of em.

I suppose I neither love nor hate em, I am more or less indifferent to it at this stage.

there is a spec. that actually wont let you show up on radar when cloaked...

• Like 1

there is a spec. that actually wont let you show up on radar when cloaked...

I always thought it would be a specialization that would do that like the perk when you get wetwok. But it turns out that, that is not the issue. I've been in custom games where my friends would do it and they would say, " What is the camo glitch". It is activated by accident sometimes. Not sure how, but I hope it is patched in update.

I never use camo, unless I really need it. Now, about camo sniping, I don't think it's ''camping'' if you change possitions frequently (for example after 1-2 kills). If an enemy sniper kills me 1-2 times and doesn't move, I can easily kill him either by sniping or flanking him.

I've also encountered the jammer glitch many times, but, when they get into camo, in fact it's easier to kill them. Instead of 10 random moving dots you only see one, just as a normal enemy.

And if you have problems dealing with them, just ingore them. They'll stay there for centuries! (or until the end of the match)

Forgive me for using my abilites to their strentghs. I have an ability that lets me aquire targets and shoot while protecting me from counter snipers. So why shouldn't I use it with a sniper?

I also have no idea what this jammer glitch is, but if you let your guard down in a dominion base, expect to be killed.

Yeah, camping isn't my deal either but I know folks who think it rocks, I'm an in your face run n gun kinda guy not to mention the game doesn't offer the versatility of weapons that other games do. The snipers who do this are pretty good but the REAL snipers push up so I don't appreciate the noob friendliness of the camo AA. To me it gives scrubs the ability to match up with the better players and that's where the AA's, camo in particular fail.

Don't get me wrong, it takes a skill set to use the AAs properly but TRUE SKILL is determined when both players start out as equals and the AAs actually DEPRIVE the players of that.

To me, it's ridiculously easy to maintain a 1.0 or better at any time whereas my k/d was .87 in H3 and I had to struggle like hell in Reach to maintain a 1.0. I like a challenge and while my goofy net provides some of that, I can counter most techniques used by choosing a certain loadout and applying my own strengths to the game. I can go play some BTB, which constantly wrecks my K/D, come back and play some slayer and bam, I'm right back to where I want to be. IMO, the game is wayyyyyyyy toooooo easy and that's where ALL the AAs fail the game and in particular, fail the older Halo players who were in it for the challenge.

• Like 1

I popped back in halo 3 for giggles, and I was getting destroyed lol. The funny thing is I was having a ton of fun because every time I would get owned, I would think "yeah, I SHOULD have gotten owned here"

The game is just as fast paced as halo 4, the assault rifle is awesome, it feels better then the halo 4 assault rifle to be honest. It doesn't have crap for ammo clip but it gets the job done.

Everything felt much more difficult to do, it was harder to kill people, maneuver well, no crutch armor abilities to save me when I SHOULD be killed and vise versa to enemies I'm fighting.

Halo 4 is....boring in comparison.

If halo 3 had a more stable population I would go back to that as my main halo.

If you're using camo with snipers its just ridiculous. Have some decency. You're not doing anything wrong, just exploiting a gay tactic that makes people rage. People who do that are probably the people who would run up to the other person and punch them in a game of team snipers when in cqc, instead of trying to no scope each other. If you can't get the snipe off while somebody is shooting at you, then you shouldn't be using that sniper. If you're sitting in one corner of the map crouched and aiming at a few different spots, and not moving around trying to get as many kills as you possibly can, you shouldn't be using that sniper. You want a cool way to stay alive while using it? Run around the map, practice shooting enemies from afar and up close, running when they drop your shields, and get in the fight. That's the only way you're going to get better. Not sitting in some corner with your camo at the ready, and a saw/shotgun/boltshot/other cqc weapon for when people come close.

I had a guy do this to me on RagnaRock. He had the mountainside base and was sniping out of that perch on the right. He got me the first time and then I ran over there (right side), jet-packed up and stuck him with a grenade. After that the team was on the lookout for him and he gave up after a few kills. Guys that do that don't really get a lot of kills and once people start gunning for them they usually give up.

I really haven't had much trouble shooting those guys even in camo. When u line the sight on them it shows their gamer tag. It's a little annoying if they are really really good but that's kind of rare. Once u start gunning for them they will give up because their KD really starts to suffer unless they are sniping masters. Team shoot them and they are screwed no matter how good they are. The sniper spots are pretty obvious. Not a problem IMO.

Edited by Total Mayh3m
fixed language in grammar.