ToksykGaming

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong location, but I did not know where to post it, and this seemed like a good place.

As far as Halo is concerned, I have 2 sources from Bungie that have NEVER let me down on info since Halo 2, plus a third from 343, and this is what they had to say about upcoming Halo sidestory games:

-After Halo 5, there will be 3 sidestory games. This is believable because after Halo 3, there was ODST, Wars, Reach, and Anniversary.

-The original idea for the first of those games was ODST 2, featuring online multiplayer matchmaking (unlike it's predecessor, ODST), there will be more customization features, and a very much upgraded story so that we see what happens next. *REMEMBER THIS*

-The games supposedly confirmed now are, in order of release, Wars 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, and *Halo: complete multiplayer edition. (I will explain what that is)*

Now I'll discuss these as much in-depth as I can. Wars 2 is pretty much a continuation of the Halo Wars story, with some new maps and tools, including a possible forgeable mode. Halo 2 Anniversary is, as you guessed, the modern Xbox's (720, Durango, and X3 are the names being decided upon)version of Halo 2 for the original Xbox. New graphics, fluid movement, and probably Halo Reach-style matchmaking like on Anniversary. And finally, The COMPLETE MULTIPLAYER EDITION. This game is a long-shot, but if 343 can do it, they will earn back the respect of all the Halo players they lost from 4, along with keeping there current fans AND getting new ones.

The complete multiplayer edition is a 3-4 disc box set, with each disc having different purposes. Disc one will include a majorly-hyped Firefight mode, including Firefight matchmaking, and a possible forge specifically made for Firefight. The second disc will be the matchmaking + custom games disc. It will include almost ALL PLAYLISTS from across the Halo Series. The final disc (if it is the last) will be a majorly revamped forge mode disc. It will have new features including set object shape, set object theme, and set reactions. This game is giving me a nerd-gasm just thinking about it. As for some other features to look forward to

-The released copy will include at least 3 of the most popular maps from Halos 1-5, including the sidestory games, (minus wars, unless they decide to try and make a FPS-style version of one of those maps) and will be including ALL FIREFIGHT MAPS FROM REACH AND ODST.

-The rest of the maps will be DLC, probably about 20$ per pack or 100$ for an online pass.

-A CONFIRMED RETURN OF SANDBOX FORM HALO 3.

-The ability to play as a Spartan, Elite, and for the first time, Forerunner. Each will include full-customization features. (unlike on Reach where you can only pick Elite types)

-A new version of Forge World

The normal set will probably be between the price of 100$-150$ Now keep in mind two things, these are confirmed for the IDEAS of each game, and if that is the price range, deal with it because 343 went all-out to give us as much as they can, so cheers for them.

One final note. As I said earlier, ODST 2 was originally going to be released before Halo Wars 2. BUT, what I heard was, ODST 2 has been COMPLETELY SCRAPPED TO MAKE ROOM FOR HALO WARS 2. I think Halo Wars was the best RTS for Xbox, but ODST was my favorite sidecampaign from across the Halo dynasty. I respect those of you that like Halo Wars, but it is COMPLETELY STUPID TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT! BITE THE BULLET AND AT LEAST MAKE AN ATTEMPT!

I want all of you to leave a reply on what you think of this info, tell me whether they should make ODST 2, Wars 2, or BOTH, and tell me your reasoning. I'd love (and I'm sure 343 would also) to hear some input on this major topic.

• Like 1

I don't know if I belileve this. It almost seemed credible until you told me we'd be able to play like Forerunners. To me that's not a good or fun idea. Lastly, why would Bungie know anything about 343's new projects? I'm having lots of trouble believing this "news."

Well I meant an opinion about ODST vs Wars, but

If you payed any attention, Bungie was helping 343 a helluva lot on Halo 4 by having Bungie members come in, say what 343 did well, and what they could improve on. Second remains the fact that 343 bought the rights to Halos 4, 5, 6, and everything in between. Do you have any idea how stupid it would have been to sell the entire franchise to a noob company AND not pay attention? I don't see your logic in your post.

In addition to that, you failed to mention any (if any) sources you have if you were to attack my information. I can't say you are at fault, considering that none of this information has been released officially.

Well I meant an opinion about ODST vs Wars, but

If you payed any attention, Bungie was helping 343 a helluva lot on Halo 4 by having Bungie members come in, say what 343 did well, and what they could improve on. Second remains the fact that 343 bought the rights to Halos 4, 5, 6, and everything in between. Do you have any idea how stupid it would have been to sell the entire franchise to a noob company AND not pay attention? I don't see your logic in your post.

In addition to that, you failed to mention any (if any) sources you have if you were to attack my information.

I didn't think Bungie had to look over Halo 4 and I wasn't aware they did. Seeing as 343 bought all the rights and had a handful of old employees I just didn't think they'd know anything besides what was announced. The logic being whether this is credible information or not. That was my input on this major topic.

To answer the OP though I'm for Halo Wars 2 over ODST 2

• Like 1

So, after reading this twice, i saw too many flaw's in your opinion's, because that is what they are.

Firstly, 343 has not bought the right's, neither did Bungie own them. Microsoft own ALL right's to the Halo Universe, Bungie was tasked to create the game, and 343 was created by Microsoft to forfill the Halo Duty after Bungie. 343 is made up in core by Bungie who left to help create 343 and keep Halo on the same track's as previous Halo game's, which sadly, they did a poor job of.

As for your idea's of Halo War's 2 and ODST 2, i would be uncertain of such a venture, as both game's did not sell as well as expected. And as for the Special's, i wonder if you had a dream about that, because it sound's too far fetched to be true.

Halo 2 Anniversary, however, could be a possibility, or at least should be.

I would like to see ODST 2 and Halo War's 2. Very much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:laughing: if this is true I'm over excited! i wouldn't like a halo wars two. i'd only like it for more of the story of halo wars before tech but after the first one. other wise i'd rather have a halo 2 anniversary and an ODST 2. and guys don't be mad. cut him some slack. if this is misinformation then i know how he feels i have gotten misinformation before. any ways my friends and i have here'd of a halo 2 remake. i do hope they make three side games like the article says. it would be pretty cool. :laughing: 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i really enjoyed halo wars i found it a fun game and the matches took along time but it was always tense about what my enemies were going to do next and how i was going to plan my next attack to win  

but i didnt really enjoy halo 3 ODST with all the lag in multiplayer and the story didnt really catch me but the story didnt really hook me in with halo wars

If I had to choose between ODST 2 or Halo Wars 2, I would go with ODST 2. Halo Wars was a great game in my opinion but what will the storyline be for a sequel? If one is made I bet it won't be made by 343. Ensemble Studios are bankrupt but it is still likely that we will see a sequel to both games eventually. There have been many posts about a sequel to these two games on Halo Waypoint so 343 should be aware of this. I am sure that a Halo 2 Anniversary will be released next year (2014), That is something I am looking forward to.

If I had to choose between ODST 2 or Halo Wars 2, I would go with ODST 2. Halo Wars was a great game in my opinion but what will the storyline be for a sequel? If one is made I bet it won't be made by 343. Ensemble Studios are bankrupt but it is still likely that we will see a sequel to both games eventually. There have been many posts about a sequel to these two games on Halo Waypoint so 343 should be aware of this. I am sure that a Halo 2 Anniversary will be released next year (2014), That is something I am looking forward to.

Microsoft closed Ensemble and most of the developers now work at Robot Entertainment who actually did DLC for Halo Wars

Halo Wars had a HUGE and I mean HUGE cliffhanger and still zero explanation to this day. 

ODST had a more concluded ending then Wars.

Also the only confirmed Halo game for next year is Halo Xbox One(or Halo 5 w/e you want to call it) Microsoft isn't fool hardy enough to release 2 Halo's in one year(They did in 2009 but they announced both of those games years ahead of time) If there was going to be a Halo2A we would have much more solid proof by now. All we have is 343 and Microsoft "discussing".

Microsoft closed Ensemble and most of the developers now work at Robot Entertainment who actually did DLC for Halo Wars

Halo Wars had a HUGE and I mean HUGE cliffhanger and still zero explanation to this day. 

ODST had a more concluded ending then Wars.

Also the only confirmed Halo game for next year is Halo Xbox One(or Halo 5 w/e you want to call it) Microsoft isn't fool hardy enough to release 2 Halo's in one year(They did in 2009 but they announced both of those games years ahead of time) If there was going to be a Halo2A we would have much more solid proof by now. All we have is 343 and Microsoft "discussing".

Halo CE Anniversaary was anounced much later than this time of this year, I'm sure Halo 2 Anniversary will come out next year. Until then, I guess we can just wait. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

i fully believe what this guy is saying. for all you non beleivers this may wet ur whistle. trust me it is truly amazing... 

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but this guy has terrible unreliable sources(One of them is our website and 2 of the sources are almost 2 years old). You shouldn't get your hopes up and believe it so easily. 

Honestly, Halo wars 2 would kind of be spartan assault, but halo wars 2 would definitely be better, because of the fact that ODST takes place during a period between halo 2 and halo 3, there's really no room for growth, but with halo wars, it takes place somewhat before Reach, so you could more likely build off of that then what happens after halo 3 or 4, maybe make halo wars 2 on reach, perhaps.

• Like 1

No offense, but while some of this information is true or semi-true, some of it is also completely false. I know a guy at 343 Industries who does share some information on upcoming games, and he had mentioned a second game which would revolve around the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODSTs), as well as Halo 2 Anniversary, which in fact is unconfirmed as of yet. He also mentioned a possible Halo Wars 2, but said that they (343i) were still debating on whether or not to actually go forth with the idea.

No offense, but while some of this information is true or semi-true, some of it is also completely false. I know a guy at 343 Industries who does share some information on upcoming games, and he had mentioned a second game which would revolve around the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODSTs), as well as Halo 2 Anniversary, which in fact is unconfirmed as of yet. He also mentioned a possible Halo Wars 2, but said that they (343i) were still debating on whether or not to actually go forth with the idea.

I'm sorry but I cannot believe you when you say "you know a guy". I hear that story far too often regardless if what you're saying is true or not. I am not asking for evidence either. The guy you know can get in trouble if he told you this and you leaked it(If you're telling the truth) and possibly loose his job. I think we should let him keep it. 

Also you should never believe rumors until they are confirmed or dismissed.