Eagle's Talon RP - Off Duty RP

D-38 Boss

Ty sat down next to Logan.

"He was in the Rec room, wasn't he?" Logan asked.

"No..." Mathison said.

"Yes he was. I told you he was, that'll be $20"

"Later. Where's the Admiral?"

Miller appeared on the table.

"The Admiral is busy, I'll be briefing you instead.

There's a Covenant Class 3 Carrier positioned above a moon near Harvest. They don't know we've located them. so if we passed by, they won't bug out. We can't send you down with a pelican, but we can hot drop you about a klick from it. From there, make your way under it. They may be setting up a camp there, so expect hostiles. once there, get inside the ship, and destroy it. Once your inside, we can send a Pelican to extract you, I doubt we'll need to worry about being quiet once you get inside."

Miller dissolved.

Ty jumped up.

"Awesome, lets go get ready!"

((Er... I can I take part in this mission? Actually I had an idea. Every once and while there is a somthing called a Talon Mission. It is where everyone from the Role-Play does a huge mission in the mission thread, with COLOSSAL posts, or just regular))

Kel shoved Ty aside and walked to his barracks. His trusty non-depleting energy sword and his high-damage customized Carbine was what he would be taking. That was all he needed. After he gathered his things, Kel walked to the awaiting pelican, ready to start the mission.

((HELL YEAH))

"Still keeping up the friendly doctor thing eh Bones? If I lose a limb or something, I might just drop back in."

Pershing decided it was probably best to clean and remove the blood from his gear before doing anything else.

"It's so blue! Too bad it stinks like crap."

He had his gear pristine again in record time, though he himself would take longer.

He proceeded to the rec room and decided to drink the pain away.

((I'll decide what a "Talon" mission would be. :D I'll make one eventually, but for now, keep rollin' along))

Parker saluted Valentine.

"I'll trust your judgement on this one."

He turned and walked back to the bridge.

----------------

Ty stumbled backward after being shoved.

"Hey! what's your-"

He felt Mathison's hand on his shoulder.

"Pick your battles wisely kid. this is one you wanna avoid."

Ty scratched his head.

"What the hell's his problem?"

"Dunno, but I don't think getting into an argument with an Arbiter is a good idea.... Razgriz! Drop bay! Double time!"

The squad jogged out of the briefing room.

Back aboard the UNSC Eagle's Talon, Wolfpack 3-1 was generally dispersed, looking for something to entertain them wherever possible. Lockett followed a format, unlike them. Rather than dozing off in the recreational room, like Malachi, or checking weapons for the hundredth time, like Grey, the Private got his After Action Report (AAR) out of the way as soon as he could, then typically grabbed some shut-eye before moving onward with recovering activities. Sadly, his energy hadn't been burned up on the operation, not entirely anyway. Sitting on watch was mentally taxing with all of the boredom, but it was hardly a method of fitness.

So once again, he found himself in the gym, running laps, pummeling a punching bag, all the while trying his luck at so much as a conversation with any female crewman or Marine. None seemed interested, as most were probably used to the ego-swinging jarhead types. His status as Recon didn't much allow room for thought otherwise, but he didn't mind. It only made it easier when rooting out the ones who actually recognized him for his personality. As naive as it was to think it might last in the long-term, at least he'd make a new friend.

So far...nada. "Man this ship needs to open up a dating service."

Kel decided he needed to go the gym. He was already stronger than everyone here, and as strong as Master Chief. Though he thought perhaps if he could do some exercise, Kel would be prepared for the next mission.

He started hitting a punching bag very lightly because he knew that at full force, in one or two hits, it would be off the hook and against the wall twenty feet away. Then the Arbiter noticed someone else in the gym. Again, being the only Sangheili here was difficult.

"Hello...Lockett?" Kel tried to make sure he got the name right.

Adm. Parker was sitting in the briefing room, Miller was telling him about the latest budget changes.

"So, we may need to cut down on some staff..."

"No. we need everyone we've got right now. Give command some of the non-classified mission reports. they'll change their tune once they see their investments pay off."

"Right."

Miller brought up a panel and began selecting some of the mission details to send off. Though impressive, he decided sending the Arbiter's mission reports would help much. Command wants to see HUMAN accomplishments. He sent off some of Griffin Squads results and closed the panel.

"we'll see what they say about that Admiral."

"Good. Anything else?"

"A ping on the radar near Reach, sir. I recommend sending Valentine to investigate for now."

"Ok. go for it." Parker scratched his head. He felt more useless every second. At his rank, he was respected, but had no responsibilities. Command handled the decisions, Miller handled the Logistics and Paperwork. He was more of a puppet to keep the troops in line.

"Any thing I can do Miller?"

"Nothing sir. everything is already in motion."

Parker sighed.

"Guess I'll head to the bridge."

"Yes sir. I'll let you know if something comes up."

Aaron did a double-take on the alien gargantua that was addressing him. Rather than freezing up like society would've expected him to, he remained composed and stood more attentive as he set down his set of dumbells. It was a surprise he managed to get his name right, but moreso that he was able to guess it at all by the nametag on his PT getup. He hadn't seen many former Covenant who could even speak English let alone read it.

"Affirmative," he said flatly, looking the Sangheili in the eye, giving his neck a slight workout in the process. "I don't believe we've met."

Salvinski paused as he waited for the lift at the end of this ridiculously long hallway to whisk him away to the next level of the ship, where he'd continue his post-mission jog/attempt at wooing the ladies aboard with his feats of physical endurance and well-defined UNSCMC-issue body. As he jogged in place, so far, no takers.

"Had better luck on the f***ing Knight-II," he grumbled, rapid fire tapping the call button, "Why the f*** is this thing so godd**** slow?"

His grumbling ceased as a brunette ponytail swished past his peripheral vision. He swiveled his head like a Warthog's LAAG.

The brown-eyed brunette offered him an aside glance, "Hey-?" Her eyes traveled down his chest, hovering just above his right pectorial.

He wasn't entirely certain why he'd taken the brutally worn Lance Corporal bars off his dress uniform and pinned them to his skivvie shirt, but he had. Something about Lance Corporal pride month or some such bulls***. He'd have to punch Lil' Mike in the face for this ****-blocking idea, no prime piece tail wanted a grunt with seven years ******* M41s and only one stripe to his name.

"Lance Corporal-" she held out the word Corporal, indicating his moment to shine by providing his name.

"Salvinski," he said, "Joe Salvinski," as an after-thought he added, "Force Recon."

She just nodded, a slight, "Ah," escaping her lips in that attractive way that only attractive women can, "So, Lance Corporal Salvinski, you're a big tough Force Recon Marine? Here to sweep little me off my feet with your bravado and black belt in Karma Sutra?"

"Never dreamed of it," he replied through his teeth, Damnit, she's onto me.

Aaron was about to speak when Kel decided to Beowulf the punching bag, and its riveted metal stand, into the wall just behind it. Some of the sand weighting it down had gotten on the shoulder of Lockett's fatigue shirt, which he nonchalanty dusted off before looking back at the Elite. "Uneventful." He thought for a moment. "Prolongued...and did I mention uneventful? Though I guess you could call that a good thing. Reach could use some stability after all of this."

Parker sat with McCoy in his office.

"What's the problem now Doc?"

"It's Murphy. Damn kid doesn't know his A-- from his elbow."

"I thought he was a good physician?"

"He is, but he thinks Star Wars is the greatest Sci-Fi ever."

"Jardine... get the hell out of my office."

Jardine stood up.

"Fine, don't come crying to me when You need a doctor."

"And don't come crying to me when I have the crew drop you on some barren planet."

Jardine paused for a minute.

"Point taken."

"Back to work Doc. Some Tech probably sliced off a finger while we've been sittin' here."

Kel sat in his room, thinking. Why was everyone thinking of him as second-important? No, he would have none of it. He would see the Admiral.

The Arbiter burst into the bridge. "ADMIRAL! Come out here now, and tell me why Command considers me second-important. How do I know? Someone on the inside of FLEETCOM, not a traitor, but someone who would help me through this, transmits messages to me! Here is a message I got!"

Dear Admiral Parker,

We know that your Sangheili Associate Arbiter is on the top records, but we prefer to see human performance. You may use what he recovers, but FLEETCOM doesn't care what the Human-Allied Covenant accomplish. His records don't matter, and I don't give a **** if he is on the top list of everything. Only humans matter to us.

Regards,

Vice Supreme Admiral Kazniv

"Explain that!" Kel raised his voice.

Pershing heared some commotion come from the gym and decided to check it out.

He walked in only to find a punching bag embedded into a wall.

He approached a marine.

"Somebody showing off or what? Ah nevermind. You don't know where the Admiral's office is?"

He put forward his hand.

"Name's Pershing."

"Kel. No one thinks of you any worse then anyone on this ship. But Command wants to see their Human investments pay off. Most of the guys on the Command Board now we're enlisted men when The Covenant glassed Reach. Don't be surprised to see them a little uneasy about a Sanghelli, AN ARBITER no less, being on one of humanity's most secret projects."

Parker sighed. He may not have many responsibilities, but Playing peace keeper was one he wished he didn't have.

The brunette slowed to a halt, digging in her running shorts pocket for a moment before producing a ear piece. The Lance Corporal gave her a quizzical aside glance-

"This is Lieutenant Holiday, what do you need, Frankie?"

Lieutenant? Force Recon or not, Salvinski was in over his head.

"Arby's having a hissy fit on the bridge? Yeah, just make sure he doesn't break anything. Keep me posted," she plucked the ear piece frm her ear and returned it to her pocket, "Something wrong, Lance Corporal?"

"Uh, no, Lieutenant," he managed, the elevator thankfully dinging softly in the background, "After you? Ma'am?"

He could see th grin flash across her face for a moment, that devilish twinkle of the eye, but he stilled stepped onto the elevator.

Or otherwise he'd look half-retarded waiting out Satan's personal elevator only to not board it.