Eagle's Talon RP Sign up/Interest/OOC thread

D-38 Boss

Ranking System.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to use a ranking system?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.

I could do something.

Just give me a layout.

Ok. Here's your mission:

On Requiem we've located a medium size covenant research base. they are researching new ways to weaponize plasma. We're dropping you directly into the base, where you are going to steal their research data, and destroy the base. there is a decent military force in the base, expect resistance.

Take that basis and write what ever you want here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/25523-eagles-talon-rp-mission-thread/

Hey coulld you maybe send Razgiz squad over to the apollo

Any reason in particular? remember the Eagle's Talon is large enough to dock several large frigates in it's hangars. so you can be on the E.T.

I want a mission! And remember, I'm the Arbiter, so hardest of difficult of the insane of hard.

It'll be hard, but the UNSC doesn't treat Arbiters the way the Covenant does.

Your mission is as follows:

On one of the moons of Saturn, we have found a small covenant recon base. we don't know what they want, but being that close is an act of war. we need you to go in there, pretend to be one of them, get as much information as you can as to what they want, and then use your own discretion, either destroy the base, or leave it. we have no accurate count of troops there, so be prepared for anything.

Good luck.

Some details for the UNSC Eagle's Talon.

Name: UNSC Eagle's Talon A.K.A. E.T.

Class: Infinity 2 class Capital Ship

Length: 2.5 miles.

Armaments: 150 .500 caliber Anti-Ship Machine guns. 4 Bow mounted MACs, 2 Aft mounted MACs, 300 Havoc class Nukes.

Crew size: 6,000 Non-combat, 10,000 Combat Troops, 1,000 Scorpion crews, 600 pelican's, 1,500 Broadswords.

Details: Changes made to A.I. system security and [Error: Classified] Systems to prevent an attack from within. Based of the original Infinity project. Changes to engines include but are not limited to [Error: Classified]

I want a mission

This one comes from as high up as you can imagine.

There is a Covenant HVT on Earth, somewhere in the forest of New Hampshire, in the U.S.

He's traveling with a large entourage of Zealot class guards.

The Target is Z'hal Yalgre. Sanghelli, #6 on the UNSC's hitlist.

We need you to Find him, and eliminate him. quietly. With the potential for full blown war on the rise, people are in enough panic.

We don't know why he's here, but we don't want to find out. Put him down, Helljumper.

Godspeed.

Name: Dwayne "Smiffy" Smith

Affiliation: Marine Force Recon

Race: Human - Age 23

Appearance: Male Black. Standard M52B. CH252 Helmet with TAC Monocle over his left eye. Grey bandanna worn around his neck along with a set of standard protective goggles.

Weapon of choice: BR55. M6C.

History: His father was a Navy man during the rise of Preston J. Cole. Anyone who knows the story probably knows where this one is going. Aspiring to his father's stories of glorious work against the insurrection and later the Covenant, Dwayne had his mind set on a Navy life, but his father convinced him he would be better placed in the Marine Corps, as Naval battles were where the Covenant were taking most of their ground. He complied, and though misery followed him through his first year as a Marine, he caught a break upon transfer to 2nd Platoon, Bravo Company.

Go ahead and give me an op.

Name: Dwayne "Smiffy" Smith

Affiliation: Marine Force Recon

Race: Human - Age 23

Appearance: Male Black. Standard M52B. CH252 Helmet with TAC Monocle over his left eye. Grey bandanna worn around his neck along with a set of standard protective goggles.

Weapon of choice: BR55. M6C.

History: His father was a Navy man during the rise of Preston J. Cole. Anyone who knows the story probably knows where this one is going. Aspiring to his father's stories of glorious work against the insurrection and later the Covenant, Dwayne had his mind set on a Navy life, but his father convinced him he would be better placed in the Marine Corps, as Naval battles were where the Covenant were taking most of their ground. He complied, and though misery followed him through his first year as a Marine, he caught a break upon transfer to 2nd Platoon, Bravo Company.

Go ahead and give me an op.

Marines, We're establishing a base on Reach to further Re-construction. The builders need supplies, and the supplies are to heavy to bring in on Pelicans. We're sending you in in a convoy of 5 Elephants, packed with supplies. You can ride along with them, or take a Warthog or Mongoose, your choice. We don't expect trouble, but we don't rule it out. A convoy of this size would make any lower level Sanghelli's chops wet. Be ready for anything, and you'll be there before you know it.

Good Luck.

Edited by D-38 Boss

Other Griffin members.

Name: Del

Affiliation(What class they are):ODST

Race(if your covenant) human

Appearance: scar across his nose, jaw not quite in line, shaved hair

Weapon of choice: Rocket Launcher. SMG

History: Del grew up on Earth, in the slums of Mombassa. He was abandoned at the age of four, where he managed to survive until he was twelve. He was beat up pretty badly by fourteen men but managed to kill three and injure another five. He was taken to hospital with his nose hanging off, a broken jaw and various broken bones. Navy officers saw the report and recommended him for Marines. As soon as he turned sixteen, the agents who had been looking out for him recruited him into the ODSTs though the childhood trauma has left him unsociable and quick to anger.

Name: Holly

Race(if your covenant) human

Appearance: long, blonde hair which is died red at the ends and swept over her forehead. Blue eyes and relatively short.

Weapon of choice: DMR(silenced), M6SOCOM, pilot, Sniper Rifle

History: Holly grew up on New Haven, she was good friends with Matt. Due to the heavily rural areas, they were both shooting from an early age. Her good eyesight and reflexes allows her to spot for Matt. They were both recruited after being evacuated from New Haven when it was glassed. She is Matts Spotter and Vice versa

Name:Matt

Race(if your covenant)human

Appearance: medium Brown hair, died red at the ends like holly. Blue eyes.

Weapon of choice: Sniper rifle, battle rifle, M6 SOCOM

History:Same as hollies

Name: James

Race(if your covenant)human

Appearance: Blonde hair, messy and brown eyes

Weapon of choice: Shotgun, SAW and Knife

History: James was one of the spartan IIIs who were not accepted into the program. Though he never became a spartan, he joined the ODST's and became a Sergeant. After attacking an officer who joked about glassing, he was demoted to private and joined Griffin squad. He is excitable and prone to violence but is a highly effective fighter. Has an extremely strong hatred of covenant.

I'm ready for another mission, or a debriefing thread or whatever you do. What'd ya think of the mission?

Name: Joseph Salvinski

Affiliation: UNSC Marine Corps, FORECON

Race: UNSCMC Assaultman MOS0351, Caucasian, Male homosapien

Appearance: Overall, Salvinksi is a rather well-built, physically strong Marine. But that doesn't translate to bulky, he's just an average sized individual crowned with short cut reddish-blond hair and gray eyes. Facial structure is narrow and sharp. Has a scar on his bicep thanks to a prior wound, though it has healed up relatively well in the intervening years.

Wears the standard UNSC pattern fatigues in whatever camouflage pattern is more acceptable for the terrain, and in anything but frigid weather he has a habit of rolling his sleeves to the elbow for that minute improvement in ventilation. Aside from standard M52B combat armor, he has an attached recording device attached to the side of his helmet (a la Jenkins). The rear of his helmet has his name written in block letters with a felt-tip marker. Personal equipment that is non-standard are his orange-lensed ballistic glasses and his hard-knuckle tactical gloves.

Weapons/Equipment: MA5D ICWS, M41 SSR MAV/AW

Background: Technically, he's a Martian. Technically. Born on Mars in the early days of 2532, five years into what would become a nearly three-decade war with an alien empire known as the Covenant. And just as suddenly, Misriah Armory was drug out of it's slow period with another seemingly endless war, which meant more work for Joseph's father. Joseph would live a relatively normal childhood, growing up mostly unknowing of the horrors of the war alongside most of the population. However, instead of going into the weapon manufacturing business he decided to put those weapons to use as a UNSC Marine. Private Salvinski hit the frontlines in 2550 and would fight through the last two bloody years of the war, earning himself a Purple Heart in the process thanks to an unlucky meeting with a Spiker round. The following four years, would be made up of the equivalent of 'busy-work' for the military, and just as quickly the chances for rapid promotions died out as well. Stuck as a terminal Lance Corporal stationed in the middle of nowhere, he pushed for a transfer, and surprisingly enough actually got it approved. Of course, he didn't plan on running babysitting operations, but that's what he got. A FORECON trained Marine, riding a 400-ton transport carrying timber and instant cement.

Well I notice that this rp was somewhat lacking an antogonist; so I was wondering if this guy would be okay to use

Name: 254 Martial Revulsion

Affiliation: Prometheans/Covenant

Rank: N/A( I suppose to the Covenant he'd be an 'Oracle')

Race(if your covenant): Forerunner AI,Monitor

Appearance: 254 is a roughly spherical shape,has concaves on three sides. His photorecptor(his 'eye') has a bright orange-yellow glow to it.

Weapon of choice: Monitor Laser beam

History: 254 Martial Revulsion was created during the ancient Human-Forerunner war. His original purpose was to assist with combat strategies against the Human threat. His primary master was the Didact and he served him with joy and obedience. When the time came when Didact was put on Requim for his crimes against Humanity and using the Prometheans. Martial was reprogramed to maintain Requiem and the Prometheans to guarding Didact. Weeks before the events of John 117's discovery of the shield world. Didact managed to disable the monitor so that he could carry out his plan to escape. After the events of the Didact was fully released from his prison and reassumed control of his Prometheans. 254 was reactivated and reprogramed to help coordinate Covenant and Promethean battle strategies to eliminate the humans.With the Didact and Covenant falling apart, 254 is attempting to further his Master's goal of preventing humanity's ascension to the Mantle and he's willing to use any means necessary.

ARE YOU AN IDIOT? The forerunner A.I.s AREN'T COVENANT! HOW IS HE SUPPOSED TO GO ON MISSIONS? HE IS A TINY ******* LIGHT BULB! THERE ARE NO ANTAGONISTS.

Now besides your stupidity, this is not about 'humans ascension to the mantle'. This is about missions. I'll let D-38 Boss decide if you are accepted or not, but seriously. You didn't read AT ALL.

Well first off,I have to say I don't think I have ever seen anyone rage like that to a character app.Secondly, I'm well aware that Forerunners nor their AIs are not Covenant but the text book definition of affiliated is being close in a formal or informal way. This guy is working with the Covenant thus he's affiliated with them and for the rank of oracle it's more or less an informal title due to the fact the Covenant worship the Forerunners and their AIs as though they were gods(hence why I put it in parenthesis). Which brings me to my next point, the floating balls are capable of taking care of themselves. You fight countless of sentinels,which are dumb downed monitors,through out the original trilogy and 343 managed to kill Johnson and put up a fight against Master Chief and the Arbiter. I'm well aware the focus of the rp isn't about the humans anscension to the mantle. The mantle is just a basic forerunner belief and provides a character motivation for mine and it drives him to do his actions.

Now I'm just wondering,how is a story supposed to be told if it lacks antagonist? A basic story formula that can be held true to novels,movies,short stories,etc. is the protoganist has a conflict which is cause by an antagonist.I understand the rp is about missions,and all Halo/military rps should, but my intent with making this character was to have the missions be more connected and possibly have more creative ideas with them form. My personal opinion, if all of it is random and every characters victories and loses hold no meaning to the other characters then what's the point of having it?

If he doesn't get accepted, I understand and I'll just work on a human character but this was just an idea that popped into my head; and thought it would be fun to try him out on here. I'm not trying to be condescending in my response; I'm simply just trying to clear things up.

We RP against regular enemies. I don't give a **** about your lore. The lore only guides us through the RP. D-38 Boss, makes the antagonists. YOU go on missions to kill them. You aren't one.

And sorry for over reacting, you just seemed like a really stupid guy because you didn't read anything. If you want Antagonists, go to the War for the Stars RP. And join my Forerunner Artificial Intelligence Society with that character.

Also, if you want Antagonists, go read a book.

HaloGeek. be nice.

Geek42. The point of this RP is there are Off duty, Non-Combat RP's that everyone participates in, then there are the Mission RP's in which you make what happens in your missions yourself. I'd like to keep this on the UNSC/Allies side. Can you make a character along those lines? you wouldn't be able to really do missions, but you could play a friendly Monitor.

Name: Joseph Salvinski

Affiliation: UNSC Marine Corps, FORECON

Race: UNSCMC Assaultman MOS0351, Caucasian, Male homosapien

Appearance: Overall, Salvinksi is a rather well-built, physically strong Marine. But that doesn't translate to bulky, he's just an average sized individual crowned with short cut reddish-blond hair and gray eyes. Facial structure is narrow and sharp. Has a scar on his bicep thanks to a prior wound, though it has healed up relatively well in the intervening years.

Wears the standard UNSC pattern fatigues in whatever camouflage pattern is more acceptable for the terrain, and in anything but frigid weather he has a habit of rolling his sleeves to the elbow for that minute improvement in ventilation. Aside from standard M52B combat armor, he has an attached recording device attached to the side of his helmet (a la Jenkins). The rear of his helmet has his name written in block letters with a felt-tip marker. Personal equipment that is non-standard are his orange-lensed ballistic glasses and his hard-knuckle tactical gloves.

Weapons/Equipment: MA5D ICWS, M41 SSR MAV/AW

Background: Technically, he's a Martian. Technically. Born on Mars in the early days of 2532, five years into what would become a nearly three-decade war with an alien empire known as the Covenant. And just as suddenly, Misriah Armory was drug out of it's slow period with another seemingly endless war, which meant more work for Joseph's father. Joseph would live a relatively normal childhood, growing up mostly unknowing of the horrors of the war alongside most of the population. However, instead of going into the weapon manufacturing business he decided to put those weapons to use as a UNSC Marine. Private Salvinski hit the frontlines in 2550 and would fight through the last two bloody years of the war, earning himself a Purple Heart in the process thanks to an unlucky meeting with a Spiker round. The following four years, would be made up of the equivalent of 'busy-work' for the military, and just as quickly the chances for rapid promotions died out as well. Stuck as a terminal Lance Corporal stationed in the middle of nowhere, he pushed for a transfer, and surprisingly enough actually got it approved. Of course, he didn't plan on running babysitting operations, but that's what he got. A FORECON trained Marine, riding a 400-ton transport carrying timber and instant cement.

Accepted, ask for a mission if you want one, and feel free to do an introduction on the Off duty RP.

BaconShelf: Pretty good work last time. here's another for you:

We're preparing to invade and control a moon of the planet Yilona. (Yes I just made that up. shoot me. <_<) The preliminary attack force is already heavily engaged with the enemy Covenant dug in there. We'll be Hot-Dropping you into the thickest part of the fray, so be prepared for some heavy fighting.

I'm not gonna lie to you, we've Had heavy losses down there... We're losing... badly. But Command wants this moon, and what they want, they get.

Good Luck, Parker out.

That's up to you. if you'd like to work together with someone, PM them. there's no time limit on these obviously.

As a side note, I'd like everyone to bear in mind the point of this isn't for the UNSC to win, or to make your character the next Master Chief, Its for great stories, and sometimes failure makes a more gripping story then Success. just something for everyone to bear in mind for future missions.

I...really don't see what Geek42 did to deserve a textual ***-chewing. His character app was pretty spotless and left a lot of doors open for opportunity. But whatever, he said he would create an alliance character, so that solved itself...that is if he's still interested after that.

His App was good, but we don't really need an Antagonist, due to the fact that the RP doesn't run on an Act-React type deal, so an antagonist would be pointless.

Closest we have to Antagonists are the UNSC ten most wanteds, Which I will post and update later on.

And HaloGeek just over Reacted, No need to go further into it. It happened.

The mainthing is it's written in more of a literary format than roleplaying. Read some of the posts and look through the Offduty RP.

As for working with some one, you'd have to PM them.

Until then, just post in the Offduty thread, then let me know when you'd like a mission.

AND DON"T POST IN THE MISSION THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A MISSION.

that goes for everyone.