Name: Dusk
Gamertag: YamaMX
Gametypes: Slayer (1v1, 2v2, x4 FFA)
File: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/5b4f085c-009c-4a4e-9b07-38e8181b3ca3

Please watch the video in full to understand the mindset behind the map and it's many intricacies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El8Edz4m6B4

Dusk is a smaller competitive map focused on 1v1 and 2v2 gameplay. Aesthetically pleasing set pieces and competitive fundamentals are unified to form an overall enjoyable map.

This project started as a sketch on notepad paper and has since evolved into what you now see. Through multiple rebuilds and refinement, it has came into it's own as a successful smaller map. Different from most of my other creations, Dusk is highly centered around structure. If my other maps gained any inspiration from Lockout, this one gained it from Ivory Tower.

All tiers are accessible through various routes with both basic paths and trick jumps available. Like most competitive maps, the more you put into it the more you'll get out of it. There is much trickery to be had, yet enough open space and vivid lines of sight to end it with precision.

dusk__0000_Layer3_zps7ffed51b.jpg

dusk__0001_Layer1_zps84e31bc4.jpg

dusk__0002_Layer6_zps2a8ae2e3.jpg

dusk__0003_Layer5_zpsb2acee3f.jpg

dusk__0004_Layer4_zpsb020ed0c.jpg

dusk__0005_Layer7_zps94ad2435.jpg

post-11799-0-48444100-1360096365.jpg

• Like 3

beautiful looking map, generally im dissapointed in most peoples lack of creativity and attention to detail but this is truly fantastic. For some reason I am reminded of reflection from halo reach... my only issue with it is that it is such a beautiful map that it should be made bigger to encompass some 4v4. I can just imagine a 4v4 map with all this detail and design aspects... would be truly amazing

8.5/10

• Like 1

Nice work, I've noticed lately that 2v2's are much more enjoyable than 4v4's... I want to say its because of sprint but I'm not sure! I love sprint but it seems to be overwhelming on a 4v4! This makes map forging much more difficult and delicate when maps are in development! I love this small map because I feel that the size and trick jumps cause a player to consider when and how to use sprint intelligently. It takes much more than just the sprint buttom to reach your apponent, it actually takes skill in Movement/body agility to reach certain positions with the use of trick jumps! Excessive/incorrect use of sprint in this map can have a negative impact on your ability to win the match but precise use of sprint along with knowledge and practice of trick jumps can give you that specific advantage. Perhaps sprint is not the problem but bad maps that are obvious and easy to play! I'm gana give this a download, I gotta say that the reasoning and logic behind your decisions in making this map are excellent! I would love to see your theory and knowledge base of maps be applied on a 4v4 map because honestly, 343 has dropped the ball on competitive 4v4 maps...

Great job, if you ever want to forge with someone or need someone to help test, send me a msg on XB live... "o G1N o"

Guest Psychoduck

Thanks for putting so much time into your submission thread, being able to hear your input on the map as the creator, hearing about your design process, and telling me about testing and revisions the map has gone through all really help me when looking at map submissions. Simply from the fact that you cared enough to put time into your submission thread, I am glad to look at this map further, but the best part is that the map looks really great too. You've done a good job with the aesthetics, and with gameplay as well. I'll be getting some games on here soon. Thanks for submitting.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks for putting so much time into your submission thread, being able to hear your input on the map as the creator, hearing about your design process, and telling me about testing and revisions the map has gone through all really help me when looking at map submissions. Simply from the fact that you cared enough to put time into your submission thread, I am glad to look at this map further, but the best part is that the map looks really great too. You've done a good job with the aesthetics, and with gameplay as well. I'll be getting some games on here soon. Thanks for submitting.

Thanks, appreciate that. Hope you have some fun 1v1's.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd just like to say this map greatly benefits from the recent TU. The ability to instantly respawn was never intended or accounted for and with that glitch patched, the flow of the map is greatly improved.

As for other edits I smoothed the stairs a bit, impossible to get caught on them. Added the download link to the OP thanks to the file share being live.