•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 03:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, Lloydwem! :welcome: View Lloydwem's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 02:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, Woodrowabsemo! :welcome: View Woodrowabsemo's Profile
@  Maestro : (19 November 2019 - 12:32 PM) I'm hoping at least the campaigns and custom games are cross-platform. I've heard PC players may have an advantage with matchmaking but I'm not 100% sure about it
@  RedStarRocket91 : (18 November 2019 - 03:30 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II No clue, but I hope so
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM) Welcome to the forums, Skyanics! :welcome: View Skyanics's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 01:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, OksanaDek! :welcome: View OksanaDek's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 08:13 AM) Site Poll 106 is up: http://www.343indust...iring/?p=394088
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) They've done so with HW2, I'm sure they will with MCC as well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM) @RedStarRocket91 I'm on board, will cross-platform sessions be available?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:50 AM) @Melody @Vitamin Pwn @Tommy @RedStarRocket91 Hey fam
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 09:20 AM) Welcome to the forums, brarnette! :welcome: View brarnette's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 12:47 AM) Hey everyone

Photo

Is Halo 4 a love story??

Love chief cortona chief and cortona love

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Left4NewVegas

Left4NewVegas

Drone

• Members
  • 15 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Left4NewVegas
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

The story really seems like a love story. Am I the only one who feels this way?
For the fallen
Forever The Fallen
left4newvegas.weebly.com

#2 skummgummigubbe

skummgummigubbe

Viking

• Legendary Members
  • 1,543 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:skummgummigubbe
  • Locationsweden
         2    7               

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

it may be, maybe not a love story about girlfriend/boyfriend its more of a close friend and the realisation that he is a human

and that's how i see it, and i may be wrong

...Please leave a like if this post was any help to you...

D3tOk4R.jpg

First SWEDISH 1000th poster
25th person to reach 1000 posts

#3 Sierra1117

Sierra1117

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 867 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:TSMMG
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

It's a love story in the sense that they are each others only friend, and they have to realize each others role in that relationship, like whether or not Chief is the machine and Cortana the human.

#4 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,819 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Yoshi1176
  • LocationSan Francisco
            8          2          5               

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I think its a friendship thing not a love story. Kinda like when you have to put your dog ( or cat ) to sleep. You feel sad and whant to do all you can to help them.

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

First person to serve two consecutive terms as president of the USF

10th and 11th President of the USF

#5 HappehNinja

HappehNinja

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 465 posts
Liked
  • LocationAway from this boring site.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Not really. I think it's more a story about Master Chief finding his human side. Cortana's final moments helped with this, and I consider that it wasn't the lost of a lover, no, more like the lost of a friend.

#6 Left4NewVegas

Left4NewVegas

Drone

• Members
  • 15 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Left4NewVegas
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Some of the things that Cortana says and the part in the story where she "touches" his armor, it seems a little to me like it has undertones of love-not friend love- in it.
For the fallen
Forever The Fallen
left4newvegas.weebly.com

#7 jclaunch0

jclaunch0

Grunt

• Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Imagine it like this: you've met a friend online and talk all the time for a long time, and y'all become best friends and know everything about each other and can finish each others sentences, but you've never seen them in person. Then, when you finally meet, you get to shake their hand for the first time ever. It's like "man, I finally get to shake your hand, after all these years, to make a physical connection." You know, something like that.

#8 BearClawsKiller

BearClawsKiller

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 453 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:BearClawsKiller
  • LocationUnited Bears

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I can kinda understand why you'd think that. But specifically which Halo game. If your saying Halo 4 I can understand because of how Master Chief and Cortanna are really "close". So yea I can kinda agree.

ctZy4bo.png

#9 Seeker of Truth

Seeker of Truth

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 191 posts
Liked
  • LocationOakville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

The story really seems like a love story. Am I the only one who feels this way?

My thinking is no, I don't think they loved each other in the way that two humans would. However they were close.

320px-Didact.png

#10 Victory Element

Victory Element

F Ξ A R

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,495 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Victory Element
  • LocationThe White Room

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

it may seem like a love story, but i think 343i was just trying to develop the characters more. Chief emotions came out and cortana became more and more like a human. The intent was to make cortana's death have a larger impact on the players because of the relationship that chief developed with her

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ... victorious."

gallery_20993_451_49242.png

#11 Charlemagne

Charlemagne

Hunter

• Members
  • 39 posts
Liked

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

The whole series is rather like a love story between Cortana and Master Chief, arguably platonic or not.  

#12 Tietokone

Tietokone

Brute

• Members
  • 52 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Pelaaja
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I think it depends on how you think of it; Chief and Cortana could be very close friends, or they could be lovers. Right now you can't really tell. Maybe if in Halo 5 Chief reveals some of his feelings, and we'll know which it is.

#13 Church

Church

The Voice of God

• 801 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:tomfool13
  • LocationBloodgulch
   7             2               

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's more of realization of humanity, or lack of, than it is a love story.

Posted Image

#14 тυcкєя

тυcкєя

Divergent

• Dedicated Members
  • 608 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Kool Halo Kitty
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

I do feel a little like Halo Is a love story.

But, not a lot.

coollogo_com-19464562.png

#15 Jacob Carter

Jacob Carter

Drone

• Members
  • 20 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:JacobCada1997
  • LocationAt my house

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

Halo 4 really isn't a love story for if it was there would have been more sentimental moments between Chef and Cortana. If anything H4 shows Chef that he to is human and we are not perfect. We can't always save everyone, and will have a downfall however it is our choice to either let it consume us or find a way to conquer it. (Halo 4 also brings out emotions we rarely get to see in Chef)

Attached Thumbnails

• JacobCada1997_20135640267.png

JacobCada1997_20135640267 (1).png

#16 Mr. Wolfy

Mr. Wolfy

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 270 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Mr WoIfy
  • LocationThe dark corner in the back of your mind....

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think its a friendship thing not a love story. Kinda like when you have to put your dog ( or cat ) to sleep. You feel sad and whant to do all you can to help them.

Deh faq~?! "Hey Cortana~ we at the vets now~ imma have to put you down because you gone rampant... [sniff sniff] I just know you'll be in AI heaven though Q~Q I love you... [pets]"

HECK NAW~! The thing was THIS:

It's a love story in the sense that they are each others only friend, and they have to realize each others role in that relationship, like whether or not Chief is the machine and Cortana the human.

AND a bit of a love story because due to rampancy Cortana started to become able to have human feelings like that AI from Harvest, and began to feel love for chief, who is unable to have that feeling since its been hammered out of him in training and therefore was only able to express grief at his confusion of being unable to express what he was feeling and only that he didn't want her to leave for reasons he did not know why.

If you think you are the best thing since sliced bread, DO NOT respond to this post~!
If someone tells you to "make me a sammich" the simple reason behind this is that they are horrible at making sandwiches themselves. Therefore, the laugh is on them for not being able to make a simple sandwich.

Don't tell me the odds, and I won't make you stick your foot in your mouth by breaking them.

Beneath the blood red moon the flames of the pack may be seen. The pack's howl heralds complete destruction. We are the Burning Wolves.

Talk of the wolf and his tail appears. (As quoted in Henry G. Bohn, A polyglot of foreign proverbs, (1857))

#17 The Stig

The Stig

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 596 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:USATOPGEARUSA
  • LocationNorth Eastern America

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I like to think it is  :)

In fact, I think 343 did not delve deep enough into the innermost confines of the relationship between Chief and Cortana...

thestiglyingdown.png

#18 SomeStrangeGuy

SomeStrangeGuy

Jackal

• Banned
  • 5 posts
Liked

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

I wouldn't say love. But the 'emotional' aspect in this game was a bit too high for my liking.

#19 arthurjr98

arthurjr98

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Liked

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Chief and Cortana have a unique bond between each other. After everything they had been through, fighting the Covenant on the Halo installations and Earth. Both of them bringing an end to the Human and Covenant War, while also simultaneously stopping (or delaying, however you want to interpret it it) the Flood threat. They have been through absolute hell and then cut off from the rest of the Galaxy not knowing if they will ever see another living soul again.

By the time Requiem happens, Cortana is decaying and falling into rampancy. While she is counting down her last days of whatever life she has left. She begins to reflect on her own existence and what it will mean when the rampancy finally takes over. While she sees the inevitable demise right around the corner, she can't help but wish she was more human. Even though she was constructed to imitate humanity, she has no idea what it feels like to be human.

She envy's Chief because he IS human. Yet he acts like more of a machine than she does. Halo 4 is not a love story. While there are some plutonic undertones in the sub plot between Cortana and Chief, it is more centered around the two of them finding their own identities. Cortana just happens to come to this realization much quicker than Chief because of her Rampancy.

(next part is speculation at this point)

Now that Cortana is dead, it is not completely unreasonable to believe that we could see more personality from the Master Chief in Halo 5. Cortana's rampancy plants the seeds in John's mind that he could lose Cortana. We start to see this when Captain Del Rio angrily demands the surrender of Cortana. The Master Chief tells him no. It may be the first time we see John begin to think for himself and act insubordinate. The man is a soldier. He was bred all of his life to follow orders and kill the enemy. But now he is beginning to do the exact opposite. He is deciding for himself what is more important than duty and following orders.

Cortana has always been a part of him. Perhaps the only aspect of humanity the Master Chief has ever had or understood. Cortana was his friend. And now he has lost her.

The e3 trailer showed the Master Chief still wearing the same armor he has been sporting since Halo 2. But now the armor looks more damaged than it ever has. Which would suggest that the Chief may have had a falling out with the UNSC or someone high up in the command structure as a result of his actions in Halo 4. This theory, if true would support the idea that the Chief is thinking more for himself and that he may be on more than just a search for resurrecting Cortana, but also finding his own identity along the way.

#20 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Halo 4 was a better love story than Twilight. :D WOLOLOLOLOLOL

Halo 4 is about a man discovering his humanity. Not a love story

Edited by Caboose the Ace, 14 July 2014 - 11:11 AM.

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Love, chief, cortona, chief and cortona love

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users