The C.E. Pistol Being brought into Reach Multiplayer?

Konshens

Reasons to keep the; Assault Rifle - Designated Marksman Rifle - Magnum

Assault Rifle - This weapon is best utilized from a Close-Medium range and is almost always the weapon you wan't in a CQC firefight(Assuming your options are of the 3 listed) Also as it was said in the game manual this is a Support weapon, meaning while you spray and pray your teammate should be waiting for the shield *Pop* to finish them off.

Designated Marksman Rifle / DMR - Best utilized from a Medium-Long range, with a 3x scope the kill range is much farther than that of a Magnum and with it taking 5 shots to kill - you'll find people contemplating the range; 5 Shots versus the Medium-Close range that the 3 Shot magnum has

Magnum - 3 Shots and your dead, 1..2..3 assuming you hit every shot, this will be most effective at a medium range where a person would likely have an; Assault Rifle, Magnum combo - any father and you'd better hope the DMR isn't there secondary weapon as for vice versa any closer and you'd better hope you have an Assault Rifle and a competent teammate - Assault Rifle is only ever meant for "Support" and if you get the kill then good but your just aiming to stop your teammate from being the one to get killed.

TL;DR

- Assault Rifle; 18 Shots to kill

- DMR; 5 Shots to kill

- Magnum; 3 Shots

IMO this balances the weapons out a little bit more and forces them to be used for there respective distances forcing people to use more than one weapon at almost any given time.

I don't know if anyone else remembers doing this but whenever I played Halo:3 I would run around and almost literally being switching back and forth from the BR to the AR and back - I still do this in reach and it's just for that reason, if you walk around a corner into a CQC area then you don't wan't to have to pull out the Assault Rifle and vice versa you wouldn't walk out into an open area without first equipping your DMR.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...