War for the Stars- forum Roleplay

BaconShelf

Ty moved forward, firing his XM8 in bursts. He ducked down behind a transport Warthog and prepped his Grenade launcher.

"Jacky, uh..... you, Head toward the door and look for Kirenov, I'll hold them off."

His team headed into the building. Ty leaned out and fired a grenade at a guard tower, killing the two inside. He ducked down and reloaded.

One of the Insurrectionist snuck around to his right. He tried to to shoot Ty, but his AR jammed. Ty turned when he heard the Click from the rifle, and fired a burst into him.

His radio kicked on.

"Mac! it's Jacky! We found him! he's in pretty good shape actually."

"Great. give him your sidearm and get back here! and don't call me Mac!"

"I assure you, Commander, we are well within designated limits. Infantry and Vehicles are in range of your limits, you never said anything about artillery." He pointed to the Albatrosses and Phantoms building the guns. "AA guns and Artillery were never mentioned, so we have free control of what type of that we bring in. All of our other troops are not exceeding borders commander."

"Nobody told me about a tonnage limit. Nor you, your officers or my officers. I can put you in to the High Fleetmaster, if you have a problem." He thumbed his wrist pad, calling for his Honour Guards to assemble outside. He had no doubt he could kill them all, but it was the intimidation factor. A hologram pulled up of a Sangheili wearing extremely ornate armour.

"What is it this time, N'Jay?" He sighed as he saw the Commander.

"Look, you're commander here has been bringing material while he is over the tonnage limit for the treaty that you signed."

He took out a cigar and lit it up.

"Now, I'm sure we can reslove this issue easily, but if you do have a complaint take it to the Admiral. I'm just following what I was given."

"If you can excuse my commander, but he is following direct orders from me. And I assure you, we did not recirve any notifications like this. Only troop and armoured numbers. Which we have kept to. I am personally coming in my Supercarrier to talk to your Admiral. I am dissspointed at this effort to induce war." He gestured to N'Jay. "N'Jay, tell the fleet to meet the Runner of Truth at the coordinates provided. And give them the message personally. I will talk to their leaders to realise this confusion. Now, Commander. Remember, you are threatening my Shipmaster, and we are more than capable of defending ourselves, if necessary." He gestured to the platoon of sword carriers. "Do not underestimate us. And send word to your President that we are coming to negotiate."

He closed communications, and typed a message to the Shipmaster.

RUNNER OF TRUTH TO MERT AT COORDINATES 127506559952589. HIGH FLEETMASTER TO NEGOTIATE WITH HUMANS, SHOULD THIS FAIL, RUNNER TO DROP SCARABS ON CAPITOL AS FLEET ENGAGES AND DESTROYS ODP'S. WE WILL THEN PORTAL REINFORCEMENTS TO GROUND.

"Induce war!? I'm trying to prevent a bloody war!"

He threy down his cigar.

"Now listen here you freaks, you came to our planet and threatend us, you demanded we give you access to our planet as a gesture of goodwill. We came out here to avoid all of your types!"

"Damn straight sir!"

"Quiet down!"

"Now I will tell you something you should never forget: You will never take this planet. You're not ready for it. We've spent all this time preparing for you. Our super-guns can put a round clean through a super carrier, our airforce can decimate everything you send at us and you know what else? You will never take the wall. I guarntee you this planet will become your vietnam."

He let out a sigh.

"Do you know my vital signs are tied to the fate of this place? When I die, it becomes nothing more then a irradiated hellhole. Now you can either work with me to prevent that or you can continue on this doomed course that will never bear any fruits for you."

He stormed out and returned to his tent.

((Kjal is High Fleetmaster))

I am going myself to the planet. N'Jays radio has confirmed what we thought about traps. I will board Runner of Truth in two hours, I want Nova working on how to get that portal working. And send orders for a Shield Spire set up. And remind our hosts that standard issue armour has full measures against radiation; nuclear weapons would only cause kinetic damage."

-----

Talon Outpost

"Commander, we are not inciting to induce war. But remember, our ships are augmented with Forerunner shielding. Much more advanced than the Prophets, we have tested a human ODP on it, it merely chipped away at our shields. Add that this is the flagship of the High Fleetmaster himself..." He looked down and saw the orders on his wrist pad.

"You tested a UNSC weapon on it. I can assure you our guns are vastly superior. Forerunner shields? It didn't stop us from punching a hole in the forerunner ship. And we have learned a great deal about their technology since then."

He stared him in the eyes.

"Would you risk your entire fleet over one planet?"

Ty's team finally made it back to him.

"Kirenov, You alright?" He said to the pilot.

"Yes, surprisingly. These men aren't hardened soldiers, so they weren't keen on torture."

"Well, they shot at us first, they die all the same." Ty shrugged. "We're gonna go and nab a ride out of here from the hangar over there," He pointed. "You're flying."

"Works for me, let's go before they can lock it down." Jozef raised his pistol. M6C, they didn't have much stopping power, but they had a decent size clip, and they were accurate.

Ty wave his arm forward, and Jacky and the Sanghelli rushed over to a barrack across from them.

"Cover us while-"

Before he could finish, a rocket hit the ground behind the barrack. Ty ducked down to avoid shrapnel. When he looked back up, there wasn't much left where Jacky and the Elite had been standing.

"S---, looks like it's just us Jozef."

Ty moved forward, making sure he was between Jozef and the incoming fire.

"Move now!"

They both rushed behind a sandbag wall.

"Cover me, I need to go and recover my teams tags." Ty ordered.

"Got it, Grab me the kid's gun if you can."

"Will do," Ty hunched down. "3...2...1... Cover now!!"

He sprinted across to the Barrack.

"So do we. I just hope for all our sakes that your people will see reason."

U.C.R.S. Unforgiving, unkown system.

"Former UNSC system, at least that's what our records say."

"Covenant or Innies?"

"Innies."

"Alright then, we shouldn't have too much to worry about."

"I wouldn't count on that sir, we've got a firefight on this planet.........here."

"What can we get a visual?"

"Alright.........done."

"So somebody has a base here."

"Whose attacking who?"

"Looks like innies defending against........dunno."

"UNSC?"

"No, nothing matches our records."

"Who the hell is it then?"

"I've got nothing."

"Alright, prepare an assualt team, make contact with whoever's willing to listen."

"Team prepping now."

"Open a message on all channels."

"Done."

"This is the U.C.R.S. Unforgiving, respond."

"Nothing coming through sir."

"Sir, I found what the covenant wanted here!"

"What is it?"

"Appears to be the wreckage of a Supercarrier. The "divine justice"."

"Alright, we'll cancel this meeting right now, take us to the wreck."

Ty managed to find the tags in the pile of Soup that used to be two people.

"Man... this is f---ed..."

He grabbed Jacky's XM8 and slid it along the ground to Jozef.

"Thanks!" Both moved up, firing in bursts until they had reached the Hangar door.

Ty pulled the door open and they both ran in.

Ty pointed to a Hornet

"Get that thing ready, I'll hold them here."

"Don't we still need to destroy this place?"

"Don't worry about it."

Ty pulled the door shut as much as he could and fired out of the opening. After a few minutes Jozef called out.

"We're good! Lets get out of here! Hit that switch over there to open the ceiling shutters!"

Ty ran over and hit the button. Then he ran over to the hornet and grabbed onto the side bar.

"How in the hell was this better than the Falcon? Get us out of here!"

Jozef got the Hornet into the air and pulled away from the base, toward the Exit of the Cavern.

Ty Looked down at his watch.

"Oh crap... Jozef speed it up or we're dead!"

"This thing isn't a jet, I can't go any faster!"

"Do something! anything!"

The Hornet lurched forward, Ty nearly lost his grip as he swung around and slammed against the canopy. He looked back to see a huge Plasma explosion rumbling towards them.

"Crap!"

Just before the Plasma enveloped them, They exited the Trench and pulled to the right, avoiding the blast.

"What the hell did you plant Ty?"

"One of our new plasma charges. Some Sanghelli at R and D figured a way to get a bigger explosion with less plasma."

Ty flipped the switch to his radio.

"This is Sgt. MacMillan. Mission complete, Lt. Kirenov recovered, 2 Casualties. Tags recovered, bodies lost. How copy?"

"Solid copy Sgt. RTB. Command Out."

---------

General Smith leaned back in his chair.

"Send a confirmation to the UNSC, standard fee."

He leaned forward and hit a button on his intercom panel.

"This is General Maximillian T. Smith, Commander of Omega Force Operations, Broadcasting on all frequencies. We have recently become available for hire. You can contact us on frequency 140.15. We will only discuss missions in person. Smith out."

Smith leaned back again and smiled. Time to make some real money.