War for the Stars- forum Roleplay

BaconShelf

"Well im in command of this research mission..but my fleet commander is in orbit. So anything spoken about is to be with him. I can inform him your coming if you like...but id also ask if you hold of your ..sentinals..from touching anything until you talk with my commander" Replied the Major as he lowered his weapon, turning to his men to tell them to do the same.

Around the site, many researchers became nervous from the intrusion of the sentinals.

"Uh...if you say so..." The Major said as he contacted the Dark Zad

"Commander we have..uh..some intelligent Forerunner robot things coming up tothe ship to talk with you about something"

"Understood.... If you can read me, whoever you are...Meet me at the rear Hanger, Deck 16" The commander said and made his way to the hanger with 12 troops heavily armoured on standby.

Commander Zax stood in the hanger and waited.....

"I have more then an idea....do you have any idea how to mount a Precursor core properly onto a ship this size? ......no...Not even the forerunners could...Now I'd like to ask what your doing at a site that has been recovered by my soldiers for the Archturion Hierarchy" The Commander asked standing tall in his Armour

"You don't have any right to claim what is here. And yes, we do. As the remnants of the forerunners, we are entitled to these artefacts. We are dedicated to study, you just want this to win the war. A pointless war that should never have taken place," Nova flew closer to Zax's face, "We could came to a deal, or perhaps I will just have to glass this planet."

"First thing is first..your robots..smart robots granted..but not technically forerunners....secondly, i could easily wipe all your forces clean out of this system....thirdly if you want to make a deal...all your going to get is that i'll allow someone of yours to watch over the site....and fourth, we dont use this to win any war, we use this technology to help my people stay safe when forming new colonies..not to mention the flood.....and if you EVER threaten me on my ship again..ill have you turned into shrapnel for our grenades...now that we have all that nasty buisness out of the way, follow me to my briefing room and we can discuss details"

The Commander walked back to the briefing room and sat at his chair with Nova close in tow.

"Not bad....How is Artificial Life?" The Commander Joked back before sitting into his chair and tossing a datapad across to Nova's side of the table, containing maps made by the research teams...

"How about this, you can leave one of your sentinals on hand to watch over the site, even though my researchers are more then capable of handling such technology"

Nova looked at the datapad. "I very much agree with the capabilities of your researchers. It is just the fact that you have no right to do what you are doing. But aside from that, our deal could be this: In exchange for all of the research and knowledge you have learned here, we can give you a core much more powerful than that precursor technology you have."

One of the Sentinels that tagged along with the Enforcers brought out a small blue sphere of energy inside a container. The Oracle continued.

"This little sphere, was harnessed from the hypergiant star VY Canis Majoris. Watch as it powers everything in the ship."

Nova turned off all power systems, and the ship began to drift. The Sentinel shot its laser at the sphere and it brightened, turning everything on inside the ship.

"Pretty cool, eh? Well, that is one way of doing the deal. Otherwise, if you give us ALL the data you have EVER found on the forerunners in your peoples' life time, and we will give you 15 of these, allowing you to create a core that will power 10 fleets! Do you accept?" Nova asked.

"Obviously i can't give you ALL the information from my people, as i dont have it all, however...I can agree to giving you the info about the forerunners that My fleet has retrieved"

"This is Commander Zax, move all information pods containing info about the Forerunner artifacts to the Aft Hanger, move the artifacts themselves there to , for retrieval by our guests" Commander shouted over the Comm Speaker

"There you are my floating light bulb of a friend...however...Precursor tech is free for my people to research, we cant go back empty handed"

"We planned on using them to increase the functionality of our environmental systems, so we can get larger groups of colonists out to colony planets. And we were looking through data files for good planets to colonise. We're studying the weapons to increase weapon power for defence purposes. That's it for the moment"

• Like 1

"Okay. The Sentinels can help with all of those projects. We have a good few planets as well." Nova displayed a holographic screen on the table. "Do you have any plans for the lack of oxygen that comes around this planet every once and a while? Because...." The Oracle said.

Down on the planet, one soldier started talking to the others. "Is it just me... or is it.. kind of... getting... hard.. to brea-" Before he could finish he collapsed. As did many others.

"Oh....that?....Give it a moment"

The soldiers rebreathers kicked into action just as they started suffocating, several soldier got light headed, but all were fine

"Yeah we have rebreathers built into the helmets, plus the scientists have to wear Rebreathers whenever out of ship, i cant exactly risk their lives"

"Well...so far we have colonised another 5 planets , all seem's to be going well. We just need to send garrisons to those planets incase anyone gets any ideas. Also we have several bits of Forerunner Data you can have that were found floating in space....adn uh...a monitor..not sure about its name, but they are all in teh aft hanger"

"A Monitor? How...?" Nova raced down to the hangar. He recognized the orange photo-receptor. "575 Dissolved Fate? What are you doing here?" Chimed Nova worriedly.

The Monitor spoke. "I was blown out of the ship during weapons testing. The fleet is fine."

Nova became angry. "Get back to your ship! NOW!"

575 Dissolved Fate disappeared.