anyone know any rpg games for xbox??

PaNdAmOnIuM193

Should ther be more RPGs on xbox 360?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be RPGs on xbox?

• Yes, of course
    • No, its dumb
    • I couldnt care less

Hi, I would love to find any RPG that is great for xbox. Phantasy Star Universe, a great game for those who don't know, was an RPG that was cancelled back in September of 2012 on xbox and that was really a great RPG on the xbox.

Anyone have any suggestions. Another game I tried to play and did not like was Dark Souls. Me and a friend are gonna start playing Mass effect 3 soon. Preferably online but offline is quite acceptable

Hope these help narrow the list. Thanks

Well technically any game where you take direct control of a character within a story line can be considered an RPG as you are playing a role within the game. However the RPG thing is geared more towards specific elements that comprise the game, not just having the player take over a character within the game.

That being said there are many role playing games out for the XBOX. There is the Mass Effect series, Skyrim (well any of the Elder Scrolls games really) and many more.

When you say RPGs, I assume you mean dungeon-crawlers, right? If so then you're going to be disappointed, as I don't think there are really any whose servers are still running at this point. That said, if you're looking for a more modern style, there's a fair few I can recommend:

The two newest Fallout games are both available on the 360, and you can usually pick up the 'Game of the Year' versions which include all of the DLC on a second disc for under £20, though I've heard they're even cheaper in the US. If you're a fan of Bethesda's stuff, you can also pick up all of the Elder Scrolls series from Morrowind onwards, though I'm not sure if they actually made GotY editions or not. Morrowind is also an Xbox original, so you'll have Xbox Guide restrictions while using it.

You might also want to have a look at the Bioshock games, the first of which is particularly good. They're a lot more focused around roleplaying in combat rather than as a whole, but the setting is excellent and the narrative is one of the best that you'll find today. Second one's not so great, but the third one will be out in a month or so and that looks to be very impressive.

If you like the Mass Effect series (and before you play the third, I STRONGLY advise you to download the Extended Cut DLC) you may also like the Dragon Age games, which are also developed by Bioware. The combat really isn't great and the plot is paint-by-numbers stuff, but the characters are very well-developed and well-written, plus it eschews the traditional binary moral choice system, which I find is better for roleplaying. As with Bioshock, the first is a lot better than the second, but the third game doesn't look to be so good, so I at least won't be picking it up when it first comes out.

There's also Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Bastion, which I haven't played and thus can't recommend one way or the other, though I've heard farily good things about Bastion.

Lastly, there's the Fable games, which are somewhat odd. The first and second are infinitely better than the third for the sole reason that they don't have voiced protagonists, and are a lot longer: the third feels very bolted-on and unnecessary, and doesn't even have the saving grace of being better in terms of graphics or combat. The second is probably the best of the three, so if you want to give them a try, I'd recommend starting there as the plots of the first two games are generally unrelated.