New Armor Ability: Anti-gravity Pulse

ForgeMonitor

So the basic premise of this AA is you send forth a one-directional pulse wave that pushes objects, vehicles, weapons, grenades, and even people back. You could deflect grenades, splatter people with crates, force the camping noobs of the map, and catapult that pesky Mantis into the ocean on Ragnarok. Theboriginal idea was a telekinesis or zero gravity device, but the former is a bit too much like the thing in Dead Space, and the latter doesn't seem useful. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly, I was planning on finding this picture...

This was one of those posts where I knew what I had to do and it was just a matter of persevering despite the odds and doing what had to be done.

In all seriousness this is actually a pretty interesting idea. I presume it would work the same way as whatever the Didact has that allows him to manipulate Chief with such ease. Of course this would have to be balanced pretty harshly to stop it from becoming too OP.

• Like 1

lola too. I like this idea too. agree with all of you. it might be a little too OP though like stated above

It is not OP neccasarily but the AA has way to many options all the others are like jetpack or camo you dont have different ways to use them.

• Like 1

As far as I know objects already have different weights, wouldn't be too difficult for something like this to weaken over distance, and have less of an effect on heavier targets. Add in zero damage to what it hits (minus the small chance to splatter) and it seems to be pretty balanced. Mainly useful to give yourself some distance from AR, Boltshot, different shotties.

This sounds like star wars to be honest, though it is part of forunner technology. This is an interesting idea but i speculate that people would use this on arena style maps to push people off the map. that would probably cause A LOT of problems considering how easy it would be to get a kill on someone near the edge of a map.

This should only be able to work if the opponent is CLOSE to you and would be a great way to counteract energy sword or BOLTSHOT users.

As far as pushing grenades, crates, and other miscellaneous objects sounds like a hard armor option to program. that would create a lot of error for bugs and possible glitches. this should only effect enemy players and possibly teamates because it would work with reticle placement.

This should come into action .25 seconds after pushing the trigger to use the ability and the enemy being pushed should temporarily lose their ability to shoot and melee.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone mentioned something about this new AA having too many uses; isn't that better than having only one use? Think about the ramifications of an AA that is useful only in certain situations; Active Camo is a good example. In other games, it was a powerup, and you could move as fast as you wanted without the cloak wearing off. In Halo Reach and 4, you have to move very slowly lest your cloak flicker and you be spotted. This creates a breed of camping players who are using the AA the only way they can. It slows down map movement, which is a no-no; it should go back to being a powerup. Limiting the ways an AA can be used is only going to make using it feel stale. So yes, the Pulse Field's power should diminish over distance, do no damage, and have less of an effect on heavier objects, but keeping its usage diverse is essential. The same thing goes for all the other AAs; they should have more diverse usage. For instance, if you are hovering with the Jetpack, you could activate sprint to move faster laterally. If you are using Thruster Pack, the nature of its boost should vary; jump+thrust=air launch, sprint+thrust=dart forward, strafe+thrust=dodge. For the Pulse Field, the player would be forced into an Armor Lock position, restricting his movement. It would be great for launching teammates (jump+pulse) to get that power weapon/flag/Grifball. It would balance out the ridiculous sword lung, Boltshooting, and Ghost splatters. As I said before, it only launches players vertically if the other player jumps. The pulse Field has only a 90 degree area of affect about 5 meters in length, the pulse itself diminishing in strength as the target gets further from the reticule.

Armor abilities are the coolest thing to happen to Halo, but we can make them even better.

It is not OP neccasarily but the AA has way to many options all the others are like jetpack or camo you dont have different ways to use them.

you d have a very good point

Someone mentioned something about this new AA having too many uses; isn't that better than having only one use? Think about the ramifications of an AA that is useful only in certain situations; Active Camo is a good example. In other games, it was a powerup, and you could move as fast as you wanted without the cloak wearing off. In Halo Reach and 4, you have to move very slowly lest your cloak flicker and you be spotted. This creates a breed of camping players who are using the AA the only way they can. It slows down map movement, which is a no-no; it should go back to being a powerup. Limiting the ways an AA can be used is only going to make using it feel stale. So yes, the Pulse Field's power should diminish over distance, do no damage, and have less of an effect on heavier objects, but keeping its usage diverse is essential. The same thing goes for all the other AAs; they should have more diverse usage. For instance, if you are hovering with the Jetpack, you could activate sprint to move faster laterally. If you are using Thruster Pack, the nature of its boost should vary; jump+thrust=air launch, sprint+thrust=dart forward, strafe+thrust=dodge. For the Pulse Field, the player would be forced into an Armor Lock position, restricting his movement. It would be great for launching teammates (jump+pulse) to get that power weapon/flag/Grifball. It would balance out the ridiculous sword lung, Boltshooting, and Ghost splatters. As I said before, it only launches players vertically if the other player jumps. The pulse Field has only a 90 degree area of affect about 5 meters in length, the pulse itself diminishing in strength as the target gets further from the reticule.

Armor abilities are the coolest thing to happen to Halo, but we can make them even better.

i totally agree. i like active camp better as a power up so you can move as fast as you want with out being seen. and halo 4 jetpack wears out way too fast too

• 3 weeks later...