Shutout: Infinity Slayer or SWAT

SatanicBagels

Infinity Slayer / SWAT  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which gametypes should the map Shutout be included for?

• Infinity Slayer Only
    • SWAT Only
    • Both
    • Neither
  2. 2. How would you rate Infinity Slayer gameplay on Shutout?

• 1/5
    • 2/5
    • 3/5
    • 4/5
    • 5/5
  3. 3. How would yo rate SWAT gameplay for Shutout?

• 1/5
    • 2/5
    • 3/5
    • 4/5
    • 5/5

mqdefault.jpg

After getting a good few games in on the new map shutout in the Forge Test Playlist (A fair few in both SWAT and Infinity Slayer) I feel that I am well versed enough in the map to voice my opinions... as well as pick up some other peoples opinions as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

I have never really understood the implementation of remake maps like Shutout (Lockout remake) to a game that has completely different game mechanics. While Lockout played very well in Halo 2 it may not play well in a game where ordinance drop pods, instant respawns, armor abilities, and sprinting is present. The many games I have played of infinity slayer on Shutout have seemed almost like an insult to the great map of Lockout.

PS: I don't blame the forger. The map is actually very well forged and serves its purpose as an incredibly accurate remake of Lockout. I am simply against it's addition as a competitive map when I find that it doesn't play that well with the added game mechanics of Halo 4.

--------------------------------------------------------

The maps I have played of SWAT on Shutout have actually been quite nice however. I find it far more enjoyable and well-flowing when not bogged down by the newer mechanics. Would it be better without sprint? Yes. Would it be better without Instant Respawns Yes. But with all things considered, I think that it is good enough to be included in the SWAT playlist.

The varying different levels of elevation and unique lines of sight still work quite well for SWAT gameplay and I find that when played using the SWAT gametype this map plays fairly close to the original. When it comes down to it I have far more fun playing SWAT on this map than on any other map in the SWAT playlist so far.

---------------------------------------------------------

SWAT: Yes

Slayer: No

I can't really vote for SWAT, just because I really find that playlist non-appealing. I don't know what draws me away from it, but the only SWAT I liked was back on Halo 3.

I can however share my opinion on Infinity Slayer. I think that it is simply broken. It definitly does not play like the original Halo 2/3 like you said, Bagels. Due to the fact of the DMR over BR. Now people can just sit back and pick easy kills off. Secondly jetpack, breaks the whole map, ruins map flow, map control, and getting to power weapons first. After this we have the boltshot, but that is a common defect on every map, sit back from afar picking people off with your DMR and then when somebody pushes you, just one-shot them with your OP secondary weapon. Finally personal ordinance, I think that this is the final straw with this map. It just encourages camping with more camping.

So my overall opinion for Infinity Slayer? 2/5, and the 2 is only for the memories I had on this map. It is completely broken on Infinity Slayer, but if played with MLG v1 settings, I highly think that I would improve that rating. BR start only, no boltshot, no personal ordinance, and no jetpack. The problem is not with the map itself.

-Inversion

I enjoy both gametypes on Shutout, along with most of the maps on the community playlist. Halo needs that high-paced action that can be supplied through these smaller maps. Lockout is one of the greatest maps of any shooter franchise and it still plays great. It would play even better if certain armor abilities (i.e. Promethean Vision and Jetpack) were taken out.

YOu don't blame the forger for broken spawns and broken wall heights?? Maybe you haven't played enough games after all. Where's the energy cubes? Where are the holes in the wall to shoot through to BR1? Where's the wall under the ramp on snipe 2/3? Terribad map making.

As for infinity slayer, I've already said my peace about it. Until Slayer pro is back, I won't be playing any slayer lists.

• 3 years later...