Most Promising Ideas for Halo 5

ForgeMonitor

In this thread, I will select the ideas I deem most beneficial for Halo's future and post them here for all to see. Some of these ideas are mine, some aren't. Hopefully this thread will become a convenient place to keep up to date with the best ideas. And so it begins:

1) Hunter gun: Rip the gun off of a Hunter's arm to use like a turret, and voila. (Note: the Hunter gun was buried in H4's code.)

2) Flare gun: Fires one flare that lights enemies on fire. Good for taking down Tank flood forms. (Not a replacement for the Flamethrower)

3) Mini-Scarab: It's exactly what it sounds like. Reminiscent of the spider drones in SW: Attack of the Clones. MP counter to Mantis?

4) Needle Sniper Rifle: A possible replacement for the Beam Rifle, supercombines players with a headshot and takes three body shots to kill. Size of clip/rate of fire: undetermined.

5) Specter 2.0: Driver has a blue gun, turret launches one Plasma Grenade at a time (requires more skill than a Plasma Mortar). Two passengers, moderate boost for splatters.

6) Boltshot 2.0: Fully automatic alternate firing mode instead of overcharge. 15 normal shots, 45 automatic shots.

7) Firefight with the addition of the Flood: Oh yeah. (Most popular request!)

8 ) Fence (Forge object) : The opposite of a shield-door; it blocks players and allows bullets to pass through. (Applications in aesthetics and making maps look much bigger than they actually are) This piece looks much more natural than the glass in Forge, and it does not cause a loss in frame rate. 

9) Arby!: You know you want him (winky face)

10) InstaGiB: A mode taken from NOVA 2, a game for iOS; free-for-all game type in which you have sniper rifles with unlimited clips--but you can't scope in. Sure to create some sick montage moments ;)

11) Precipitation Forge FX: Snow, rain, hail; these would be great for Flood maps.

12) Sandbox 2.0: This Halo 3 Forge map was so simple yet so practical. It wouldn't take much time to develop and it has a lot of flat ground for terrain-savvy Forgers. New twist: you can change the environment from sand to snow, moon rock, dirt, or a giant UNSC floor so you don't have to expend your budget on those glitchy wall coliseum floors.

I'll update this list every once in a while, so check back to see if your idea is listed. And in the meantime, hopefully this thread isn't removed for redundancy. Just a reminder: this isn't really a thread to post all your ideas on--go to "The Official What You Do and Do Not Want in Halo 5" thread for that. I'll be skimming around and selecting the most promising ideas, as the name of the thread implies. If you have a comment about a specific idea I included, simply type the idea number and list your thoughts. Cheers, and safe!

1) Hunter gun: Rip the gun off of a Hunter's arm, and voila. (Note: the Hunter gun was buried in H4's code.) nope seems a bit pointless

2) Flare gun: Similar to the Sticky Detonator; fires one flare that lights enemies on fire. (Not a replacement for the Flamethrower) pointless agin

3) Mini-Scarab: It's exactly what it sounds like. Reminiscent of the spider drones in SW: Attack of the Clones. MP counter to Mantis? nope

4) Needle Sniper Rifle: A possible replacement for the Beam Rifle, supercombines players with a headshot and takes three body shots to kill. Size of clip/rate of fire: undetermined. not sure maybe

5) Specter 2.0: Driver has a blue gun, turret launches Plasma Grenades. Two passengers, moderate boost for splatters. a big no

6) Boltshot 2.0: Fully automatic alternate firing mode instead of overcharge. 15 normal shots, 45 automatic shots. i hope this never retuns

7) Firefight with the addition of the Flood: Oh yeah. (Most popular request!) yes agreed id love covies promehtns and flood all on the same map and me in 1 big ffa

8 ) Fence (Forge object) : The opposite of a shield-door; it blocks players and allows bullets to pass through. (Applications in aesthetics, making maps look much bigger than they actually are) dont see the point

9) Arby!: you know you want him (winky face) arbiters confirmed

1) use the Promthean Hardlight blade as a standard weapon

2)bring back Falcon/Hornet/UNSC aircraft

3)use a combat knife as a standard weapon (if you're out of ammo?)

4) guns could degrade like far cry. This would be interesting and a good way to counter the DMR, for example.

5)bring back evade, replace regen with drop shield

6) pre then teleport could be a nice armour ability. Two uses, done. Recharge.

7) radar jammer again

8) EMP grenade- EMPed vehicles, shields, temporarily disables HUD for those right next to blast.

9) Keep the same size forge maps and just make better terrain(island, sea, canyon, etc. forge world style terrain)

10) covenant and forerunner skins for each object. Just under team colour, it could say onjrct skin.(if it could be done)

11) more aesthetic and functional objects on general

12) A Promethean Hardlight crossbow. Two shot kill, 5 second charge explosive bolt

13) bring back and create more gametypes.

I'm not going to put this idea on the list just yet because even I am skeptical of it. If there is enough positive feedback, then I might add it. 

?) Uzi: UNSC secondary weapon similar to the Halo 3 SMG (not a replacement for the ODST SMG, which a lot of people want back). 30 bullet clip, kills in 24 bullets. Fires extremely fast but is very difficult to control; is only useful at short range.

@OP, The locust is kind of a mini-scarab.

I'd like the return of playable Sangheili, along with friendly Sangheili and Unggoy NPCs.

Scrap the boltshot. That thing is for bad kids.

Bring back the plasma rifle, spiker, brute shot, and plasma repeater.

A map on Sanghelios would be nice.

Please, please, PLEASE, bring back Forge World.

• 2 weeks later...