Name: Serenity

Gamertag: YamaMX

Gametypes: Slayer (1v1, 2v2, x4 FFA)

Please watch the video in full to understand the mindset behind the map and it's many intricacies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whnR7fBEnjg

Serenity was originally designed due to the lack of smaller maps featured in Halo Reach and the inability to play proper and exciting 1v1 matches. Fast forward to Halo 4 and while this problem isn't quite as prevalent, it is apparent.

The main objective of Serenity is fast paced smaller matches that allow the player to both out think the competition as well as out shoot. The result is a map that has many ways about going into and out of various areas, most of which require precision jumps that become second nature. The thrust ability in Halo 4 allows players to manipulate the pre-existing lift in ways not possible in Reach. This allows better movement around the map and the outplaying of your opponent.

Through literal years of play testing now (counting Reach), the map has proved it's place in my group as a standard for 1v1 sets and the like. Areas can be held down like any good map, though there is not one spot a player can easily hold due to area advantage. What makes this map a joy to play for any competitive player is that it aids a high level mindset, it doesn't diminish it. Like any competitive map, absolute flow is achieved by practicing and understanding the maps intricacies, only then will it be fully understood and appreciated.

1-5_zps0bb243ad.jpg

2-3_zps3f842718.jpg

3-2_zps78ae8698.jpg

4-2_zps7dfdb88f.jpg

5-2_zps0955e947.jpg

post-11799-0-77215000-1358904027.jpg

Looks sick man; I will give it a download for me and my friends.

Oh, my gamertag is darkerLane if you want check out my remake with a halo 4 twist of construct. If you like it give me some feedback and notice on here. I don't have a capture card so I can only take pictures with my 4G phone. Thanks have a great day,