Halo Wars Rush Strategies

Oophilly215oO

@Oophilly215oO: That is nice and all. But I do not consider that rushing. It is an effective tactic however. But I have been on both sides of a rush on that map in which the game was over in half the time without anyone going for the reactors. I'm not trying to knock on your video. I just don't consider that rushing. That's all.

I am the only person who doesn't rush. It's official. What happened to strategy? It's just who can send a small assault force before the other player is ready now. :'(

How is attacking the player who isn't ready not strategy? How is that not strategy when that same player has the same option to do that very same thing right from the start? Is every player in the match supposed to be ready for it to be called "strategy"? Does every player in the match have to be max population and fully upgraded before they are allowed to make a move for it to be called stategy? I am not saying that there is anything wrong with being passive in regards toward building up population and upgrading that population. But to say that rushing is not strategy is just wrong, especially since it has been prevalent long before Halo Wars. By the way Bacon, you are not the only player who doesn't rush. I know a few players who refuse to rush. The problem with them is that they usually go straigt toward upgrading their units before they start actually constructing units. It can be ten minutes into the match and they will not have one unit out on the battlefield. Then they resign because a small army of Banshees are taking out their double reactors or their Vehicle Depots while they are researching Cannister Shot or the like. I'm just saying rushing the opposition, if anything, can slow them down to the extent where you and your team has the advantage. Is that not strategy?

I agree rushing is a strategy, but I mean strategy as in where you have to think about what will happen and fortify defenses etc. The type of startegy where games end up lasting for like, an hour and a half. (That happened to me; best game of HW i played)

I don't care about hit and runs, or scouts. Just when 3spartan/scorpion combos come and destroy a base. That is not cool and isn't fair. Hit and runs or scouting is fair but no. Not the most OP units you can get in the first minutes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...