Will ODST Have A Sequel?

HappehNinja

Hello, guys. I bet you guys know about a game that came out after Halo 3 ended called "Halo 3: ODST". The game was about this particular ODST squad that got scattered during the events of Halo 3. As most of us know, the events of ODST also took place on New Mombasa(?) on Earth. Perhaps this has been mentioned before, but I wonder if we will ever see a what happened next after the ending sequence of ODST. Actually, wouldn't it be great if we could get a sequel to this gem?

I actually like this game the least of all the Halo titles, which is sad because i love ODSTs.

also it took place during Halo 2's storyline.

And no, I don't think a sequel is likely.

Thanks for fixing that out. Thought it took place during Halo 3 (Now that explains alot...)

I liked the IDEA and concept behind ODST, but the 'Find a clue/mission' was bad. I think it should be a linear campaign with the Hub as a little side thing with dropships dropping enemies into the city as you scrounge for ammo. And if it had a hardcore mode, food and water.

Anyway I would like a sequel.

I liked the IDEA and concept behind ODST, but the 'Find a clue/mission' was bad. I think it should be a linear campaign with the Hub as a little side thing with dropships dropping enemies into the city as you scrounge for ammo. And if it had a hardcore mode, food and water.

Anyway I would like a sequel.

Wow, the food addition sounds grand!! Altough. I though that the clue/mission thing was pretty interesting, it just need some more "special encounters" along the way. Like more badies doing dialog or a more clever way to get caught up by enemies while you reached your next clue/mission.

I actually like this game the least of all the Halo titles, which is sad because i love ODSTs.

also it took place during Halo 2's storyline.

And no, I don't think a sequel is likely.

Actually, it took place in between halo 2 and 3. Because the Covenant didn't attack earth until after Halo 2, 8 months after they knew about it.

I agree. ODSTs have always been awesome in my mind. I'd love to see them come back! Also, dear lord. MATCHMAKING on it? .-.

• Like 2

I love ODST can't say enough good things about it, the human balance behind the game makes up for superhuman capacity of Spartan IV's , I was lucky in that I started Xbox gaming with ODST so had no pre conceptions about what was 'Halo' I just wanted to jump straight in.

The thing is, Halo ODST campaing plays out in a non linear fashion, which is really the perfect way to personalise a story, I don't think some players realised that you can use various parts of the map to play out as you wish but that you will eventually see the whole story anyway, the fact that you played out in the story with other squad members was nice (Reach style) and that quiet night time quests to snipe on your own and gather intell were enjoyeable in a more 'Black Ops' way.

I can't say that being Master Chief is really my thing at times as much as I love to bit's the whole Halo universe and don't really mind what angle is put forward, frankly though I would love another ODST 2 story preferably on Earth, as seeing future Earth images always get's me excited, and with the same kind of experience that the Halo 3 ODST story had to offer, I would really like to see a tie into the Halo 4 story, where you can get information about the Forerunners and Covenant from the UNSC and ONI.

And to final, I miss the whole team, including 'Rookie'.

'Rookie, if you ever get a girlfriend, make sure she's got balls.'...

Wow, the food addition sounds grand!! Altough. I though that the clue/mission thing was pretty interesting, it just need some more "special encounters" along the way. Like more badies doing dialog or a more clever way to get caught up by enemies while you reached your next clue/mission.

Yeah, see this is the thing, I like campaigns that supply detail, option, intel (to gather to build missions and story or weapons for multiplayer) playing through the same campaign that everyone else is experiencing with no really quest is kinda boring, however I agree that their hast to be a balance between RPG type content and first person adventure so the fight stays authentic.

To be honest new ideas like, jumping in and out of fights on a stratergy map where you have deployed ODST and available hardwear would be something different, ODST mini Halo Wars 1st person mix..That could bring some interesting level ups to your Halo profile Hmmm?

I would like to see a sequal I don't know when the time period would be or where they would fit it in. But I liked the idea of not being a super soldier.(even though you still pretty much acted and walked bullets off like one) I still love ODSTs and would love playing as one again.

ODST infinity.

Try keeping all your marines alive in H4's campaign, it's hard but not impossible. It would be great to have a squad tasked to back up the S4's and then get separated and have to fight just to stay alive while moving to a secure location which takes them into a wild fight for possession of a A.I hub core with some stormers. This core when integrated with a S4's suit can track promethean movement aswel as transport location but it also highlights the user to the prometheans.

A tragic ending would be good where they fight to the last man trying to hold out for the SAR team that is dropping down on their location, Storm bodies everywhere in a hell blowout against overwhelming odds and one ODST left cradling the hub pointing his magnum at approaching S4's."Stand down Sargent, Squad leader Reager , We're your pickup" The blood covered ODST blinded by shrapnel and pushed to his limit frantically points his weapon in all directions "Like hell your gonna take me fracken hingehead!" Reager jumps and disarms the wounded ODST who flops back trying to swing a roundhouse in a desperate last act of defiance "I said stand down NOW!, MEDIC!" In a croaking whisper the sargent asks "My team sir?" Reager looked around in honest amazement at the carnage that this small team had reaped upon the storms.

Reager looked at the medic who shook his head while trying to staunch the flow of blood. "What's your name Sargent?"

"ODST Sargent Niall Copland sir" The ODST's voice became labored.

"Words just come down on TACCOM Sarge, you and your team have been raised to Spartan status for completing a Spartan teams mission and bringing hell on earth like only Spartans can, Spartan Niall"

Sargent Niall shook his head from side to side "But sir, we all took the test and failed, I don't understand?"

Reager dropped to one knee and grabbed nialls hand "Your bodies failed Spartan, not your hearts. Mission accomplished" (Edited =) Reager held his hand until niall's chest gave one last heave and stopped rising and stood still in awe at the carnage. "Tamalain! you have enemy numbers yet?"

"Sir, no sir but a rough guestimate puts it around 2 to 250 enemy dead sir, Honestly sir, 12 ODST's? If we weren't physically here right now with the evidence right in front of our eye's and I still can't believe it"

"Spartans, Tamalain spartans" said Reager as he bent to retrieve the hub

"Aye Sir that they were"

Amateurish but hey not bad for my first go at it he he.

Edited by Azeraph

The thought would be interesting although I feel there shouldn't be a sequel... I wouldn't mind another ODST as long as it's done well.

Well said. The first one was very well made, however, gems like this one are hard to forge. If they are capable of making a sequel as good as the first one, then welcome aboard.

• Like 1

I would rather have a sequel taking place after the events that the squad had on New Mombasa. I really detest open endings that lead to pointless speculation...

after the ending of halo 3 odst starts halo 3 because the eliets were starting to rebel in the second part of odst DARE AND I QUOTE :THATS CLASSIFIED she replied to bucks question why are there so many dead elites around thus the elite rebelion wasnt out like in halo 3

after the ending of halo 3 odst starts halo 3 because the eliets were starting to rebel in the second part of odst DARE AND I QUOTE :THATS CLASSIFIED she replied to bucks question why are there so many dead elites around thus the elite rebelion wasnt out like in halo 3

SORRY THAT IS A BIT MESSY

post-57968-0-37462500-1359135030_thumb.png

but technically halo 3 is the sequel to halo 3 odst because its happening along side halo 2

in the legendary ending it shows johnson and virgil the engineer talking kind of and virgil said somthing about the brutes plans

I think there should be an ODST during the events of Halo 3, on the arc. you should have the same characters as the last game, and have the SMG again.

RETURNS-

There are somethings that should return to the Halo series. these are some of them.

Brute!!- come on 343, really? they should return in Halo 5 against the UNSC AND the Covenant (along with any other enemies)

Dual-Wielding- this should have limits to certain classes (later in post)

Spiker, Mauler, Bruteshot, Fire/Spike Grenades- well if brutes are returning, so should their weapons, along with new ones

(silenced?)SMG- Whyyyy??!!

Plasma Repeater?- I know some people didn't like this weapon that much.

CLASSES

There should be more than just Spartans in multiplayer. I don't just mean elites, I also mean brutes and ODSTs. each class should have its perks (good and bad) and each should be able to dual-wield certain weapons. Each class

Brute- A stronger melee class, it also happens to be slower and will less damage intake than others. Can Dual-wields: spikers, plasma rifles, plasma pistols, and maulers.

Spartan​- Well obviously, the spartan is needed to have a good Halo game. The spartan would be the person with the completely balanced stats. More skilled with vehicles. Dual-wields: SMG, Magnum, sticky detonators (with extremely slow reloads to make it fair.), plasma rifles

Elites- more speed and power (less than Brutes). Can jump higher than other classes. Dual-Wields: Plasma pistols, Plasma Rifles, Energy Swords.

ODST- Highest speed, more damage intake, and no fall damage. Quicker melee/assassination. Silenced UNSC weapons. Dual-Wields: SMG, Magnum.

That's all I have for classes.

NEW WEAPONS

Every Halo game needs new weapons.

Spiker Rifle- Newly designed sniping weapon by the now independent brutes. it should have the same blade as the the spiker only larger and the brute class should have the ability to adjust it so it's pointing downward.

Plasma Burster- A slow rate of fire, powerful, shotgun-like Covenant weapon. Faster reloads for Elites.

CUSTOMIZATION

Now there are some MAJOR changes we can make to Customizing our armour. We should able to choose where we put our emblem, our knife, more color options, no armour in some areas, visor pictures/patterns. Just to clarify, each class will have customizable armour and colors. You should also choose your personality, changing the brutality of your assassinations.

OTHER

New Brute armour- Hunter (made of bone)