should bloom stay  

67 members have voted

1. 1. bloom is awsome right?

• yes bloom works in games generally
    • no but i like it in halo: reach
    • yes but not in halo: reach
    • no i hate bloom in all video games
    • i dont care halo is halo.

A noob like you will spam and get kills with random luck, simple as that.

The outcome of a fight should not be determined by luck, it should be determined by skill, accuracy, headshots, etc...

I second this. I dont know how people can say Reach isn't random, the entire game is a random mess.

I hope this bloom update brings the population back up.

Stupid **** like this happens all the time, it's hilarious.

Watch:

• Like 1

I second this. I dont know how people can say Reach isn't random, the entire game is a random mess.

I hope this bloom update brings the population back up.

Stupid **** like this happens all the time, it's hilarious.

Watch:

not only was that the beta but even the beta bloom was not that bad and it was way worse, and on top of that he was close/mid range...that's spamming range bro..the halo reach pistol is more of an SMG from close range...keep that in mind....you people whine too much about microscopic changes...let bungie innovate...if you want the same shooter year after year then go play COD!

OK Twinreaper no one cares what you have to say, you don't even play the damn game. Look at your record, you have no experience with the Halo community.

-What's the highest you got in Halo 2... a level 5?

-And your rank in Halo 3?... a captain with shame bars?...

-Halo Reach has been out for an entire year and you have 1200 kills with a negative k/d... good job.

You're just a little nubcake with mickey mouse opinions.

Take your head out your ass, you're full of yourself.

• Like 1

OK Twinreaper no one cares what you have to say, you don't even play the damn game. Look at your record, you have no experience with the Halo community.

-Halo Reach has been out for an entire year and you have 1200 kills with a negative k/d... good job.

Wow really? What does my lacking of skill as I get older, have anything to do with the fact that I have superior proven knowlege base with all halo games and their respective Blam! engines? I have been modding and writing map applications since early 02, what have you done that can prove your worthiness with the halo community? Oh wait, these lame ass half baked accusations and flaming is about all you can muster. Everyone like you, has stated before their opinions...but where is your proof of certain things you claim to be true about what you are trying to pass off as fact about "bloom"?

As usual, when you can't prove your right and someone has spanked the **** out you when it comes to game mechanics and simple tag operations....you resort to calling people out on their skill or lack of skill with gaming. It's ok, keep deflecting to another subject other than the one your losing at.....I won't think any less of you.

• Like 1

Just when I thought you couldn't shove your head further up your ass. lol good luck with those "tag operations". Twin ist ein dumbass

And I am the one sounding like an ass? Just because you do not understand how to load a Halo title map, display string ID tables and display meta data in a "meta editor" style container.... do not talk down to me, or insult my work and progress that I do in terms of modifications to a great game. I really don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. All I do is provide proof for those who have questions or comments about game engine related items. I am sorry that you are too short sighted to see that and have dedicated all 8 of your posts this far, to nothing more than flaming a respected member of this community. You sir will not make many friends here acting in this way. I'm done. Please lock this thread Twam or Spectral.

• Like 1

Just keep jamming it up there, I want to see how far it will go.

I am really laughing as I type this. Look guys, it is obvious opinions are flying around here. No doubt feathers are getting ruffled. Even though you make me laugh iCaPWN3d, try to keep the tone, well......I don't know, more pleasant but with the same bite. I have seen your record and your numbers. They are impressive. With your skill and knowledge of the game you could add a lot to this site if you were less combative. I really hate to see you having a negative reputation, which you may care less about, because I do like your OP's and opinions.

his skill has nothing to do with his opinions...hating on him for lack of service record only proves that you are a basement dweller....and FYI your service record is not an accurate way to measure skill considering 5 out of 6 matches in reach have quitters on one team or the other...in other words your a tard.

your service record is not an accurate way to measure skill considering 5 out of 6 matches in reach have quitters on one team or the other.

Goon, you're wrong again.

When people quit out of a game it's usually because they're getting raped.

When red team makes blue team quit out you can assume that red team has more "skill" than blue team.

Understand?...

Actually both are correct but overlooked another issue that has been plaguing the Live system since Halo 2....... connection and host. The wat Live determines host is not a very well thought out component of the logistical Live operations. Live in matchmaking picks hosts based on their current at the moment connection speed and stability. Majority of the time,.someone with a half assed connection gets host. This leads to horrible lag or said host being kicked from the match. Same goes with other players. Quite a few times in the past month I was kicked from Live and trust me....my connection is as stable and fast as it gets. When I am not on Live my home server hosts 3 dedicated servers for Halo.1 pc, 1 Halo 2 PC server, a Crysis 2 server, MW 1 server and a teamspeak channel. None of my server regulars have ever reported an outage or lack of service. So if my simple home server can do all that at once on a phenom x3 platform, why is the Live service struggling to keep up? They put tons of money and hardware behind the service and matchmaking. Really makes you wonder....

• Like 1

I am really laughing as I type this. Look guys, it is obvious opinions are flying around here. No doubt feathers are getting ruffled. Even though you make me laugh iCaPWN3d, try to keep the tone, well......I don't know, more pleasant but with the same bite. I have seen your record and your numbers. They are impressive. With your skill and knowledge of the game you could add a lot to this site if you were less combative. I really hate to see you having a negative reputation, which you may care less about, because I do like your OP's and opinions.

Ok. Twinreaper I'm sorry about our little squabble, will you please be my friend?...

Actually both are correct but overlooked another issue that has been plaguing the Live system since Halo 2....... connection and host. The wat Live determines host is not a very well thought out component of the logistical Live operations. Live in matchmaking picks hosts based on their current at the moment connection speed and stability. Majority of the time,.someone with a half assed connection gets host. This leads to horrible lag or said host being kicked from the match. Same goes with other players. Quite a few times in the past month I was kicked from Live and trust me....my connection is as stable and fast as it gets. When I am not on Live my home server hosts 3 dedicated servers for Halo.1 pc, 1 Halo 2 PC server, a Crysis 2 server, MW 1 server and a teamspeak channel. None of my server regulars have ever reported an outage or lack of service. So if my simple home server can do all that at once on a phenom x3 platform, why is the Live service struggling to keep up? They put tons of money and hardware behind the service and matchmaking. Really makes you wonder....

I agree. I'm no network engineer but I think when a player who has low upstream bandwidth gets host it creates a higher ping between the other players which then causes the game to lag. So wouldn't it help if they used a dedicated server application that collects and distributes data to players rather than having an in-game server/host?

conscider it squashed Capwn3d.

It would help, and I am unsure why they decided after Halo 2, to rely on player hosting for multiplayer matches. My guess is that becuase most of the time when you play, you are more likely to be paired with people who reside in the same country or even timezone. using a player host based system for those particular types of matches are ideal, but only if the host has a great upstreem bandwidth as you said. My best guess would be because of all of the innovations within the multiplayer game they made, required more resources to be freed on the server end. It does take quite a bit of time for their servers to collect the data, shift it to the right sql style data table, reparse it, then transmit it thru the API's in real time. But then again, they got tons of dough to invest in equipment.

Then again, using a dedicated game setup would benefit only people with low ping, or those close to where the servers are based. But it is rather annoying to have the game crap out on the score screen and hold there for what seems to be an infinity while host negotiations with the server go on. I'd trade lag and leading shots for getting rid of that crap for sure. Could you have imagined the chaos if halo 1 and 2 had that host shiz?

This and the annoying issues plaguing the game are prolly a good reason why 75% of the people on my friends list are always playing custom games. At least you know who you are playing with and what kind of connection to expect.

• Like 1

Goon, you're wrong again.

When people quit out of a game it's usually because they're getting raped.

When red team makes blue team quit out you can assume that red team has more "skill" than blue team.

Understand?...

...no you are wrong people quit because they dont like the map or gametype so they quit before the match even starts...how am i supposed to play ctf on blood gulch with 2 peeps on my team missing...we just get base raped and the score stays zero zero or they will score one but the whole match is always baserape with vehicles and snipers...we wont hav enough people on our team so they will even take our vehicles...skill has little or nothing to do with it.

Bloom is stupid because it makes you have to time your shots, therefore slowing down the pace, therefore slowing down the game. Halo always was and has always been great for being an increadibly fast pace game. So slowing it down is just stupid its trying to fix something that isnt broke. Its bad enough you got the little girls from cod or who belong to cod who hide around corners and camp with some power weapons. And then added armor ablilites to futher allow them to play like cowards either by sprinting away like a girl or armor locking to further slow down the game. Stop bringing the pace down. Halo is fast intense crazying meyhem boom snipe to the face turn around shotgun to the nose turn around plasma to the crotch point the shotgun backwards behind me and boom to the chest point blank overkill crazyness. Not oh i shot 1 bullet now i need to hide around a corner for my bloom to go down. oops i got hit once i need to sprint away around a corner cause im a little girl. Get real. This games to fail to fix with an update. Bring halo 4 already and let me play halo 1 campaign and skyrim till then.

Also bloom takes more skill because your shots are extremely accurate so it all comes down to your skill to aim. Bam u mad?