KOTOR

FleshBack

Has anyone played this series of games? I have seen a few Fallout and Skyrim threads so I don't find it to be a far stretch of the imagination to think there are some people who have played Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic.

I myself have played both and I am a huge fan of the story and the rich context behind the Old Republic era in the Star Wars universe. I would generally role Jedi Consulars because I like to beable to destroy mobs of enemies with UNLIMITED POWER (force lightning).

I liked The Sith Lords a little better because I found the companions to be less annoying and you and the atmosphere was a bit darker--albeit a little empty.

For the record I hate BioWare's decision to make SWTOR the spiritual successor to the series as I feel it wasn't linear enough from the KOTOR storyline to give me a sense of closure on the series, but that's just me. anyone else like this fantastic RPG?

• Like 1

Has anyone played this series of games? I have seen a few Fallout and Skyrim threads so I don't find it to be a far stretch of the imagination to think there are some people who have played Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic.

I myself have played both and I am a huge fan of the story and the rich context behind the Old Republic era in the Star Wars universe. I would generally role Jedi Consulars because I like to beable to destroy mobs of enemies with UNLIMITED POWER (force lightning).

I liked The Sith Lords a little better because I found the companions to be less annoying and you and the atmosphere was a bit darker--albeit a little empty.

For the record I hate BioWare's decision to make SWTOR the spiritual successor to the series as I feel it wasn't linear enough from the KOTOR storyline to give me a sense of closure on the series, but that's just me. anyone else like this fantastic RPG?

Yes, I have played it. If they had achievements for KotOR 1 and 2, I would have 100% on both of them. And I didn't so much as touch SWtOR because I knew that it wouldn't be any good compared to those two epic games.

Also, Sith Lord for life. Come at me armies!

@ Grif: SWTOR is free to play and download now. However they still accept payments for sub accounts.

@ Director: I've played through KOTOR I and II over and over and each time I do I almost always play darkside. the gameplay is just too fun to resist and not to mention you get the best offensive powers in the game. I have had so much fun playing a Consular/Sith Lord in KOTOR II as I always abuse the Hssiss spawn glitch on Korriban. Running through the rest of the game as a level 50 was just beast.

On my latest playthrough, I made a Sith Lord and was able to get his Wisdom stat up to 47. This made Force lightning wreck anything. It also allowed me to use Jedi mind tricks on bosses like Darth Nihilus and Sion so theywould actually be friendly for a while. Darth Traya at the end was able to resist this, however her lightsabers couldn't. I think I also had a strength stat of 28 which made lightsaber combat deadly after master speed was used.

Obama, I would suggest buying it for your PC at your local gamestop. I believe they are cheap nowadays and they are still very good games by today's standards.

@ Grif: SWTOR is free to play and download now. However they still accept payments for sub accounts.

@ Director: I've played through KOTOR I and II over and over and each time I do I almost always play darkside. the gameplay is just too fun to resist and not to mention you get the best offensive powers in the game. I have had so much fun playing a Consular/Sith Lord in KOTOR II as I always abuse the Hssiss spawn glitch on Korriban. Running through the rest of the game as a level 50 was just beast.

On my latest playthrough, I made a Sith Lord and was able to get his Wisdom stat up to 47. This made Force lightning wreck anything. It also allowed me to use Jedi mind tricks on bosses like Darth Nihilus and Sion so theywould actually be friendly for a while. Darth Traya at the end was able to resist this, however her lightsabers couldn't. I think I also had a strength stat of 28 which made lightsaber combat deadly after master speed was used.

Obama, I would suggest buying it for your PC at your local gamestop. I believe they are cheap nowadays and they are still very good games by today's standards.

I think I've still got it for Xbox somewhere, maybe in the loft. I'll have to have a check soon.

Lmao I would focus on Force Lightning. I got it to the point where I could eliminate every enemy on the field in one or two attacks. I got it to the point where I could kill Malak in one attack (after destroying all of his little heal guys).

I lost my copy of the first one (it was stolen from my storage locker while I was in the Corps), but I still have the memories of the true power of the dark side. :D

Geeze, that sucks. People will steal anything, huh?

Well, I love the force lightning ability and it was THE reason I rolled a Sith Sorcerer in SWTOR. However, in SWTOR, the Sorcerer's lightsaber deals so little damage it is really nothing more than a glorified glowstick. I love KOTOR because it allowed you to get closer to being an actual Jedi/Sith than most Star Wars games would allow. You could use force and lightsaber skills effectively no matter what class you played, and the story was always filled with mystery, intrigue, self-discovery, and plethora of moral situations that allowed really gave the characters a 3-dimensional quality. The first KOTOR is so successful at this that they made Revan into a superstar within the Star Wars universe. That is an accomplishment in a story like Star Wars that has so many larger than life characters already like Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Obi-Wan.

And how can you not love HK-47?

Geeze, that sucks. People will steal anything, huh?

Well, I love the force lightning ability and it was THE reason I rolled a Sith Sorcerer in SWTOR. However, in SWTOR, the Sorcerer's lightsaber deals so little damage it is really nothing more than a glorified glowstick. I love KOTOR because it allowed you to get closer to being an actual Jedi/Sith than most Star Wars games would allow. You could use force and lightsaber skills effectively no matter what class you played, and the story was always filled with mystery, intrigue, self-discovery, and plethora of moral situations that allowed really gave the characters a 3-dimensional quality. The first KOTOR is so successful at this that they made Revan into a superstar within the Star Wars universe. That is an accomplishment in a story like Star Wars that has so many larger than life characters already like Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Obi-Wan.

And how can you not love HK-47?

The only bad part about KotOR 2 was that if you didn't do it just right, then you wouldn't be able to get HK-47 at all :( Or you wouldn't be able to influence him, because there wouldn't be enough missions left to pass the "time" between convos. :/

• 3 years later...