HALO IS DYING: 343i MUST ACT NOW

OutGunnd

I was obliviously referring to the OPs list of things he would like to see removed, you silly goose. Did you even read the OG thread?

Sigh... I ike how people bring up how long they have been playing Halo for. I remember running matches on xbconnect and X-link KIA days and setting scrims up over mIRC. My opinion is each new Halo that comes out is better than the last. I was just playing Halo 3 30mins ago what a pile of poop compared to 4. My suggestions is play Halo 4 for for a bit, eject the disc, throw in Halo 3 and see what happens.

XBC will remain the best times I've ever had playing Halo. No ranks, just pure fun and people getting along.

Back on topic, I played Halo 3 recently and I absolutely loved it compared to Halo 4. Weapon diversity, map movement, map control, actual team work, actual communication and fun game types.

Halo 4's population is going down. I've been playing every night for the past 2-3 weeks and I've seen the numbers in every playlist steadily go down. I seen it spike back up once the Forge Test playlist was released. If 343i wants to keep the population numbers up they need to keep their word about weekly playlist updates. Removing fan favorite playlists is the WRONG answer.

go check mm there is 42k people online. currently.. 42k this game has been out for only 3 months and that low.

http://halocharts.co...lpopulation/all

Looks more like 53k atm., and it hasn't hit its peak yet for the day. And thats just at any one time, nevermind all the people who have played today. On an average day it gets as high as between 80k and 100k at peak time.... I dare say thats pretty damn good. Not to mention:

http://www.digitalsp...charts.html?rss

That it's third on the charts, behind only Black Ops II and Minecraft. Thats definitely not a bad thing...

Just sayin!

Ahh... seee, a different interpretation above ^^^

However, he forgets that comparing the numbers immediately after launch to the numbers today is redundant.

XBC will remain the best times I've ever had playing Halo. No ranks, just pure fun and people getting along.

Ahhhh, XBC, those were the days...

So much to comment on.

Lots of valid complaints. I have to go back and play some Halo 3 multiplayer, but I have played Reach very recently. In terms of Halo 4 vs. Reach I still haven't decided which multiplayer game I like better. Campaign wise, it's a toss up. I liked both campaigns a lot. Firefight vs. Spartan Ops.....still unsure, but Ep. 6 was great. I know Season 2 will cost money, but if the quality stays or gets better, it will be worth it.

I was not happy when I learned that everyone has sprint, the scoring in MP was changed to a more CoD type and loadouts were added. After playing the game for 2+ months I do think the game is balanced. I still don't like that everyone has sprint and loadouts were better, IMO, in Reach in terms of everyone has access to them at any time. That is what I loved about Halo and hated about CoD. if I am just starting to play a Halo game a few months after release I will have access to all the weapons. Not true in CoD with the loadouts. That has crept its way into Halo. It's not keeping me from playing though, at all.

It seems like some of the OP's issues with MP were similar in Reach (no ranking system, active camo, jetpack). Not discounting them, just an observation. I do agree that everyone having sprint and loadouts are something that Halo could have done without. I have never really cared too much about rank (mostly because I am at best an average player), but I do see a benefit of having a system like Halo 2 and 3 did. If for no other reason then to have matchmaking work better in terms of matching skill levels. I know that with Reach, Bungie did state that "true skill" was working in the background of matchmaking. Is that true of Halo 4? I also think the voting system needs to be fixed. I didn't like in Reach how people could keep changing their vote, bouncing through the choices until the time ran out. You should be able to at least change your vote once. I would think that is easy to implement.

I stated in another thread somewhere that right before Halo 2 was taken offline (early 2010), a friend and I went back to play some games. Halo 2 felt like it was so outdated after playing Halo 3 for 2+ years. Just another observation.

I can't comment on the problems with Custom games and Forge. I rarely, if at all, play Custom games and I just don't have the time to use the Forge. So if there are complaints there I am sure they are valid.....not that I can dispute them. LOL. I don't understand how theater isn't usable in Spartan Ops and campaign, not to mention limiting it to just one person (although Reach already did that).

As for Spartan Ops, there are five maps a week you can play in matchmaking. However any released episode can be played at any time either solo or with someone on your friend list. You won't get near the same amount of XP, but it does allow you to play them all. I really like Spartan Ops, especially because there is more story for us to digest.

Is Halo 4 perfect? Not at all, but no Halo game is, IMO. I will say I think Halo 4 is a very good game that could use a few fixes. Games evolve as a series moves along. Not all of the changes are good or work well, but a lot do.

As for Halo dying? I don't think so, but 343i needs to keep evolving the game. Listening to the community is a part of that. I would like Halo 5 to maybe skew a little more towards older Halo games as opposed to more CoD type changes if I had to pick. Still the game needs to move forward.....hopefully we, as a community, will enjoy the progress.

• Like 1

There is also another thing Bungie should of fixed before in halo 3,Reach. This problem is the delay of your controller on Co-op Campaign, what i mean is for example: You press the A button to jump, after 2 seconds, it jumps in game.

Now that Bungie didnt fix that problem for halo 3 and reach, 343i should fix this for halo 4.

But Halo has more players than ever...

Calm down, enjoy the game or play another game.

More players than ever? Are you really comparing this statement to their current multiplayer population? If you are than you must have never been around for the population of players on Halo 2 and Halo 3....

Honestly, I believe you guys are just blowing smoke. It might just be me and my opinion, but the game is pretty damn great. Sure it has its issues, but you can't expect any game to be perfect. Make some suggestions, not scream that Halo is dying because there's some stuff you don't like.

The competitive playlist--when it comes out--might feature extra jump height. Sometimes they alter the settings like movement speed, weapon damage, etc...

Competitive playlists normally have a player speed of 110% with no jump height change. Damage boost won't be added to competitive play but they will have over-shield as well as the needler to counter-act it.

Well, there you have it. Are we talking overshield as a pick-up, right?

yes, read the news article about the new updates to halo 4 coming soon. read all of it and you will be surprised. they will be adding a competitive playlist before the csr update.

halo reach and halo 4 have nothing that makes me want to play it anymore, where halo 3 did actually make me want to play and the maps were the best maps i have ever seen in any game and i have tons and tons of games

I agree that halo 3 had the better maps but i feel like halo 4 is much better than reach and has more replay-ability. Halo 4 seems to me like it was well worth the money and enjoyment i have had playing it.

They shouldve had a beta

if they had released a BETA of Halo 4 it would of destroyed sales!!!!!!!! The final version of Halo 4 isnt even finished, the Beta would of been picked apart piece by piece and it would of obliterated sales. There now patching it the best they can with TU's. Overall Halo 4 is a good game, and with the time they have had already and the time to come, Halo 5 will be mind blowing,, just you wait and see.

Halo 4 needed the release date knocking back about 6 months to be perfect, but the shackles of Microsoft wouldnt allow that

Halo 4 as a game is brillant, but far from perfect, but some people would rather look at the negatives, rather than the positives it brings

• Like 2