HALO IS DYING: 343i MUST ACT NOW

OutGunnd

Halo is slowly dying, struggling to hold on it is population its very clearly that what 343 did to "change" halo basically failed. Here are the reasons why. Some are due to poor programming and glitches etc... some are failed concepts that where destined to flop:

Muliplayer

Lack of playlists.

No competitive ranking system

Poor playlist management.

Team play out the window

Game fails to encourage objective play. (Halo 1, 2 and 3 did this fine Btw.)

Overpowered weapons (Boltshot)

Unbalanced starts

Ordinance (Encouraging Camping)

Perks (Unbalanced starts, Unfair to new players)

Sprint (RIP small/arena Maps)

Jetpack (Breaks Map flow/ Map control pointless)

Load-outs (Individual tactics/skill gone... Its more focused on the "Setup" you use)

Paper vehicles (Have individual Heath, Will explode faster than a grenade)

No Hornet/Falcon

Vehicle betrayals

Can't drop flag.

Experience point can be "earned" for doing nothing (Get 0 Kills 0 Deaths = 1100xp)

Scoring system broken (1st 1st 7th.)

Active Campo, encourages camping, used to be a skill power up.. now a noobs crutch.

Random ordinance, Can ruin the outcome of the game. Red team get 2 Rockets... in a close slayer match.

No Map specific weapons, no point of map control... apart from to kill & camp

Rank capped at lvl 70. No codes available.

Fail voting system.

No veto

Ugly armor

Custom games

(Permanent) Alpha Flood Setting Gone.

Can't set % to starting zombie

Trait zones don't apply to flood

Can't edit flood loadouts

Can't edit flood weapons

Can't edit flood Perks/AA

Can't edit flood armor effects

Can't edit Human armor colour

VIP gone

1 Flag gone

Juggernaut gone

Stockpile gone

Headhunter gone

Assault gone

Invasion gone

Race gone

Network connection fail. Host migration will occur every 2-5 seconds. Unplayable. Not just me. Happened to Insanmiac.

No file share

Forge

Riddled with kill zones

Can't forge in water

Tiny maps

Broken dynamic lighting - See Mr pokerphile video.

No forgeworld

Can't forge on other maps.

Tons on bugs

Rounded blocks cause gaps

Fail magnets

Block are not Smooth

No elephant.

Spartan (Fl)Ops.

Same five maps over and over. (Worst than reach)

Not much better than firefight

Huge letdown.

Theater

Network fail - Doesn't save games

Only 1 Person ( Halo 3, had 4; Made in 2007 Btw.)

Buggy, clips are often unusable anyway.

Can't fast forward or skip forward. (From Start)

Campaign

No Skulls

Other than that great job 343 (Campaign was decent) -_-

I liked to apologize to the forum mods for breaking the rules with my last thread, but this ^^^^ :up: is the reason I get mad, some are opinions yes, but they are opinions that MANY agree with. Proof? look at the falling population and see the facts... However some aren't opinions are need to be fixed now 343 hasn't even attempted to do this... the game is been out for a while now and I feel as a fan since CE iv been kicked in the teeth.

Feel free to discuss.

• Like 3

for every person who starts a thread complaining there must be thousands who are perfectly happy with the game. My own brother was someone who loved H3 but hated reach, I thought he would get annoyed with so many things in H4 but he loves it,as do i.

I would love to see theatre options though for campaign and spartan ops.

for every person who starts a thread complaining there must be thousands who are perfectly happy with the game. My own brother was someone who loved H3 but hated reach, I thought he would get annoyed with so many things in H4 but he loves it,as do i.

I would love to see theatre options though for campaign and spartan ops.

so your saying theres only 100 people giving halo 4 contructive critizisim XD? wonder where the 4million people who bough the game went. if your so upset about all the Constructive critizism people are saying trying to make are favorite game better then post some good things in the forum It might be hard with halo 4 but Its there opionion on the issue no one forced you to Click on the topic or Complain about the topic because you look sillier then the person accutaly giving constructive critizism . Just because he is finding what He Thinks as flaws in a game doesn't mean all the fans should come defend it. we are on month what 3? 4? and still the game is not complete it's still missing things that should have been on day 1 Everyone knows this, everyone payed 60 Usd so i think they are allowed to talk about what they fill to be there issues.

• Like 3

With all new games or new scripts there are flaws in it but as time goes on they fix what they can or find away to replace it with something like a script you don't sound what your person is with out having the dircetor tell you what to do so just cause halo 4 is better doesn't mean it has no flaws it just has what needs to start for it to be a game.

like a fireplace when you light it might take time before it dims unless you fix it up so give 343i a break they are doing the best they can to work on the flaws while working on spartin ops while trying to host challenge so they have a plate of stuff.

• Like 1

The funny truth is that no matter what they do it will now be too little too late, the numbers on line are very low and they are just the playes that will keep playing it till the next one comes out. They needed all these things from word go but released an unfinished product.

Those who have left for other games will not return (a few might but not many), so we who play at the moment are the Halo community, maybe they will learn from this for Halo 5 but thats all we can hope for. They have lost millions of customers to date and the only fix for that is a time machine and to be honest based on their building of this game even if they developed one I would not let them use it fo fear of what they would have messed up or not finished (we could be back with the Dinosaurs lol).

I enjoy the game and will coninue to play it but they did miss a lot and have paid the price for that.

you wanna know when you won't have to wait any more?

January 21st. that when the update is. Hopefully that's not too inconvenient for you.

For 2 new playlists, another episode of spartan ops and a couple of bug fixes, well now that will solve all of the problems of the game. What would be real funny is if they took the playlists they release away for fixing like team snipes lol...

Sure it is an alright game and expectation is now the mother of all F ups so we had better get used to things.

Vaulting makes the best argument i've heard all day...online member count doesn't mean crap....EVERY on e of my friends play it STILL to this day, f or the campaign, they bought it FOR the Campaign..yes MP is good, But MP will always be secondary to Campaign..UNLESS..the game is like counter strike.....And no, im not saying i dont enjoy MP, cause i love that too

Vaulting makes the best argument i've heard all day...online member count doesn't mean crap....EVERY on e of my friends play it STILL to this day, f or the campaign, they bought it FOR the Campaign..yes MP is good, But MP will always be secondary to Campaign..UNLESS..the game is like counter strike.....And no, im not saying i dont enjoy MP, cause i love that too

just curious your friends are on everyday playing halo 4 just for the 4 hour campaign? is that true o.0 some dediciation for them then. but i guess everyone bough reach and halo 3 for the campaign so if they had 500-1mill people only in matchmaking then in truth they had Over 40million on campaign? Everyone might play the game for a different reason but after a few months when the campaign gets old u have to look at the online population to see where this game stands and just checked 60k. :/

Honestly, If the forum admins would just sticky 1 thread about this stuff then there wouldn't be so many....

But yeah, Halo 4 is dying. The fact that people are saying its dying is proof... I mean, they're people who bought the game too right? So if part of the population says its slowly dying, then its a fact that it actually is

• Like 1

It's a waste of time complaining anymore , every true halo player that played competitively is disappointed and the only thing we can do is wait for them to make the appropriate adjustments . Halo use to be the best of both worlds with a ranked competitive playlist [ more than one ] and also a Social playlist for people who didn't enjoy competivie playlist. Now it seems we're being forced to play social . I'm willing to wait for it but I'd like to know if they will actually add ranked playlist. Thanks for reading ????

• Like 1

Ok... Im gonna go ahead and get this off my chest.

Why not just go and form a Game company yourself and make a better game than halo 4?

You couldn't.

It's 343's first fully solo game, and they did a good job with what they had. GIVE THEM A BREAK.

• Like 2

just curious your friends are on everyday playing halo 4 just for the 4 hour campaign? is that true o.0 some dediciation for them then. but i guess everyone bough reach and halo 3 for the campaign so if they had 500-1mill people only in matchmaking then in truth they had Over 40million on campaign? Everyone might play the game for a different reason but after a few months when the campaign gets old u have to look at the online population to see where this game stands and just checked 60k. :/

I never really said that if you look close at my BIG BOLD LETTERS........ i said that the Campaign makes teh game, the MP is what keeps you active afterwards.....

Never said MP was crap, i enjoy it very much so and ill be the first to admit that my friends play alot of MP too...but i will also say that they love it...

I never really said that if you look close at my BIG BOLD LETTERS........ i said that the Campaign makes teh game, the MP is what keeps you active afterwards.....

Never said MP was crap, i enjoy it very much so and ill be the first to admit that my friends play alot of MP too...but i will also say that they love it...

"VERY on e of my friends play it STILL to this day, "FOR" the campaign, they bought it FOR the Campaign" that sounded to me like you had friends who are online everyday playing the campaign but i'm not trying to be rude just understand.

halo 2 revolutionized how multiplayer was i think i buy it for the multiplayer. The campaign is kinda difficult to follow if you didn't read the books sadly.

well are you not in anyway upset by the lack of multiplayer players on the game in a AAA exclusive game such as halo the population is just getting lower and lower? i mean i hope the title update is good or i'm scared of the future of halo i really am.