Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

"How the hell did a covie ship get this close to us?"

"Admiral, ONI can wait, this is more important. I'll be in the armoury."

He took off before anyone could object. Wounds be damned! He wasn't going to let covies have easy prey.

Everyone he met along the way was told of the situation, hoping it could save their lives somehow.

He ran towards the S-deck armoury.

"Get me suited up now! I'll need my gear."

"Tell everyone to be ready for a boarding action by the covies. I'll want to pay them back."

As soon as the final piece was secured, Murphy ran to the armoury and grabbed his gear.

"Anton, tell me where to shoot!"

The ship shook as if from a direct hit.

Murphy turned towards other spartans in the armoury.

"Let's load and lock and roll and rock!"

"Pull infinity into the portal!" We can take cover there! Anton, open communications with the fleet, get them to MAC it's engines from behind . If it comes with us inside requiem, we could then finish it while its down."

Delreuse went back into his office. "Ma'am, the debriefing will have to wait, we are preparing boarding actions from a covenant super carrier that has opened fire on us" He closed communications before he could get a response. He had more pressing matters to deal with.

"Murphy, join the boarding parties in the hangar, they are going for a direct assault on the Carrier. Once the fleet takes it's engines out destroy the core and get out of there!" Anton yelled over the comm.

Then he switched to the fleet channel. "This is Lead UNSC A.I. Anton aboard the Infinity. We are being attacked by a Super Carrier! MAC its engines from behind, then meet with the Infinity at the portal. Once you MAC its engines, boarding parties will destroy it!

"Copy that, Anton." Said the Captain of the Flaming Tears.

• Like 1

"Roger that" reported the crew of UNSC Minutes to Midnight.

The ships began to circle around the carrier. The infinity had entered the portal and the carrier was in pursuit. Hundreds, possibly thousands of phantoms, spirits and banshees were filling the space around Requiem as the battle begin. The ships began to dispatch Sabres, broadswords and long swords as the orbit became filled with plasma and missiles. The carrier wasn't giving up pursuit as the Infinity entered inside requiem. Hundreds of floating forerunner towers gave ample cover for the ship to turn and fire it's entire arsenal at the converging ship. Four rounds caused a huge crater in the bow of the ship as the fleet began to pound it's engines.

The carrier began to adjust its course, it angled toward the infinity as it began to dive. It then impacted with a screech that seared hundreds of decks as metal on metal collided. In the commotion, landing craft then began to pierce the outer hull of infinity. Letting boarding parties in. This was a fight for survival now.

Delreuse reached for the intercom

"Murphy, scratch previous orders, your new objective is to repel boarders. Do not let them reach the reactor!" He motioned to Anton.

"Get those shields back up ASAP, and get a damage report now!"

An engineer ran up to the bridge. "Shields are down, 2/4 engines damaged, communications to the fleet are disabled, and the core is deactivated.

"Bloody Hell!" Anton yelled. Then a marine went flying through the bridge door. Anton disappeared into the systems and prepped the ceiling turrets. Spartans loaded their guns. An elite charged in. Anton fired the turrets. The elite was cut down almost instantly. Momentarily a covenant battalion ran onto the bridge. Bullets and plasma bolts ripped through the air. "Hold this position!" Anton said loudly.

• Like 1

"We know all about those boarding parties."

The exchange of small arms was nerve wrecking for the crewmen, but Murphy kept calm as he proceeded to take down the boarders.

As the last of the Elites fell, damage control teams were rushing to put out the fire's that were inching ever closer towards the ammunition.

It was then when the lights cut, the darkness covered most of the hanger. One by one torches came on, removing the darkness.

"Bridge, I need those lights back on! Bridge? Come in!"

"It's no good sir, comms are being jammed. It's a local source, covies must have had brought it with them."

"Well then we'll just have to stand up and shout. Marines, stay here and secure the area, for all we know, were the last people alive. Spartan, you're with me, were going to the reactor."

"The reactor? They wouldn't risk it, it would destroy the whole planet."

"I'd do it."

The two of them moved through the dark corridors, inching towards the reactor slowly.

ONI SECTION lll CODENAME: Avictus, UNSC Infinity

The UNSC Infinity was under attack. Avictus and his men had orders to assist some Spartans with taking out a covie ship. They jogged to the hangar just in time to see a pelican burst into flames. Two marines ran out of a hiding spot spraying rounds at a group of covenant. They were cut down by plasma fire. Avictus looked at his men.

"We need to get these Hinge Heads of our ship" He tossed a grenade than charged.

The explosion tore apart 5 grunts. A dazed elite turned around and was greeted by hot lead. Three grunts jumped out of cover and fired. Avictus shot three times. Each grunt dropped, blood pouring from the head. A pair of hunters thundred into the hangar.

"Fall back!"

The ONI squad ran for cover. Another Pelican exploded taking the hunters with it.

Delreuse picked up a pistol of a technician. He fired it. A grunt dropped. He ran quickly to the emergency panel and hit the button, the blast shields raised and the bridge was on lockdown.

-----------------

Kjal woke. His head pounded. He noticed several bruises over his body. Then he realized. This was human engineering, ugly angles and colours. Ugh. He got up, he heard the distant clatter of small-arms fire, followed by three plasma shots and a scream. He tried opening the steel door. It was locked. He tried kicking it to no avail. There was a battle and he was stuck in this tiny room?

He tried charging the door. Again, nothing. He shouted in Sangheili;

"This is Spec Ops Major Kjal 'Otsoree, I demand to be freed!"

He then looked through the slit in the door. He saw a window outside. Then he realised it wasn't a window, but a hole, metres of armour plating shredded. He saw Seraph fighters. Then human ships he couldn't name. Fighting, an air battle! His brothers had finally got the courage to take down the Infedels! He saw some Rangers land outside.

"Let me out of this cell!" he spat. The Rangers leader he guessed, pulled out a grenade. He got to the back of the cell. The grenade melted the wall and door. He walked out. The rangers ran down the corridor. He heard one mutter an insult. No time for that, he had to retrieve his armour. He could pick weapons from the undoubtedly dead infantry on this ship.

Avictus and his men arrived at the reactor. Not on orders to defend it but on orders to make sure the Infinity does not fall into covenant hands

"ONI team Delta, this is ONI control come in"

"This is Delta we read you"

"The ships AI is down, dont let anyone stop you"

"Copy that"

Avictus secured the room. "dont let anyone in, not even the Admiral" His men nodded.

Two dark figures appeared down a corridor

((I'm guessing control basically means the leading operator of the Spartan Squads right? Because Infinity Control is Delreuse and Anton.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An engineer started fixing the mainframe desperately trying to get Anton back online.

• Like 1

The Admiral and surviving crew worked furiously at computers. Keeping a ship that was 3.5 miles long was no easy task with a leaking reactor, two engines down and no AI support.

"Sir, we have to evac NOW! Boarding parties have took nearly 60% of the ship, we can't win!"

"what locations do we hold?"

"The bridge, hangar bay 2 and reactor as well as minor holdout locations. The ODST pods are intact, if we can get on the ground and to Charlie base, we may be able to hold them off!"

They moved steadily along the dark corridor, all the while getting closer to the reactor.

It was at last in sight and appeared to be still in human hands.

"They're human alright, no scales or sharp teeth."

"Hey, were friendlies! Will you stop pointing that thing at me?"

"I'm under strict orders to not let anyone through, if you come closer, I'll have to open fire!"

"Open fire? Son, if I ever hear you threaten to open fire on me again, I'll guarantee you'll be hiding behind the elites from me. Now, I suggest you go get whoever gave you that order and bring him out here! Spartan, keep that gun ready, this could go bad."

"Where is the Captain of this Ship?" growled the Arbiter, the crew stood motionless, terrified at the presense of such a figure. Delreuse stepped forward

"I am Admiral Delreuse of UNSC infinity."

"Then you will die first."

The elite swiped, James ducked and rolled to the side. The others began to kill the bridge crew. He saw a microphone that had been knocked off a table. He crawled along the deck to pick it up.

"Avictus, Murphy, anyone on this frequency, get to the bridge, hostiles are on bridge, repeat hosti- ah!"

Avictus stepped forward. Looking at two spartans, both could easily drop his team.

"Im under strict orders to make sure this ship stays in the UNSC" He looked at the floor "Even if that means destroying the Infinity"

His men exchanged looks, none of them could over power the spartans.

Avictus thought it over. He was ready to fire on the spartans when Delreuse's voice filled the channel.

"Avictus, Murphy, anyone on this frequency, get to the bridge, hostiles are on bridge, repeat hosti- ah!"

Avictus leveled his pistol and fired. A elite hit the deck, dead. He looked at the spartans. "Semper Vigilans" he said with a smile. He ordered his men to stand down. "Lets go save our fearless leader"

"You hear that! Radio's working. Come on, let's go! Actually, I need you to go to the hanger, prep the pelican for evac."

"Alright, I'll wait as long as I can. I'll take good care of it, her, whatever!"

They both split up and headed in opposite directions, the marines proceeded ahead of them..

It was slow and dangerous going through the ship, it had been overrun with covenant forces.

Murphy approached the bridge door, blown ajar with a plasma charge.

He could hear executions of bridge crew, elites talking and the Admiral.

He tensed up at hearing the admiral's voice. Hostages always got messy.

"Looks like I'm the first one here. As as those marines arrive, we'll go in. Going out might be fun." He thought.

"Shut it marine!"

"Three plus hostiles, Admiral taken hostage, AI in danger of capture, bridge crew executed."

It was all communicated in sign language of course. The marines were ready, they had a strong sense of determination.

He signalled for two of the marines to assist in providing covering fire, while the rest get the admiral and Anton.

With a nod on both sides, they began the move, breaking the door down.

They went in guns blazing, forcing the elites into cover.

"GO NOW, GET THEM OUT!"

Avictus charged in. Two elites opened fire at him. Avictus hit the deck, then returned fire. One elite dropped the other ran at him with a sword. A blast from one of the ODST's shotgun blew the elites arm off. Avictus raised to his knee and started to fire at anything not human. The Spartan rushed past him