Fix it, 343. This is getting ridiculous.

Terence Bradshaw

Spartan Ops has the potential to be one of the greatest things, going forward, about the new Halo era. But only if you can play it. I have about a 10% chance of successfully starting a Spartan Ops chapter and I'm playing **solo**. This is, frankly, inexcusable. I understand there have been server issues since November. First of all, you should never have made any solo experience dependent upon your server performance. Secondly, it's January, now. How much longer do we have to wait for you to resolve this issue? I hear episodes 6-10 are coming soon. Fantastic. Will I be able to play them or will I just keep getting kicked back to the main menu for hours at a time as 1-5 have done? Eventually, I imagine you will want to charge for installments of Spartan Ops. You have a loyal fan base that absolutely would shell out more money to continue an interesting story that dovetails into the main storyline of the Chief but we demand a product that functions properly. I hope you and Microsoft take that to heart as you move forward with the franchise.

• Like 1

I gotta say it's more widespread than you think. I get dropped from games, or they get lagged beyond playibility fairly frequently Often enough to be frustrating and ruin my enjoyment some nights. Some of the issue could be the connection, but I have standard cable for my area and it works well with all my PC games; good ping and connection stability. It may only affect a minor segment of the user base, but they are still paying customers and should get some service.

I have just been kicked out of a friend's "friend only" multiplayer game several times from the lobby, waiting for the game to start. I also can't install disc one. It never gets past 3%. When I first got it, I installed it just fine but couldn't properly progress through campaign without getting kicked back to the main menu and/or losing credit for completed chapters of the campaign. I uninstalled disc one, per some instructions I found in a forum discussing problems with the campaign. I stopped having issues there but have never been able to play more than two chapters of Spartan Ops back to back and usually get kicked out when trying to start a chapter. Disc two is installed, obviously but disc one will not re-install. I wonder how many of you can observe a strange, uneven area of different coloration on the data layer of your disc. If you look at the unlabeled side and slowly tilt the disc, you should be able to see it, if it's there. I'm beginning to think a lot of these issues that seem, on the surface, to be network or server problems, are really the result of defective play discs (disc one). Perhaps it's part of some digital rights management thing. It could be that their servers are attempting to verify my copy of the game is legal and failing because the disc is messed up. It would also explain why the majority of people seem not to be having a problem, while a sizeable minority is having pretty much *identical* issues.

I have just been kicked out of a friend's "friend only" multiplayer game several times from the lobby, waiting for the game to start. I also can't install disc one. It never gets past 3%. When I first got it, I installed it just fine but couldn't properly progress through campaign without getting kicked back to the main menu and/or losing credit for completed chapters of the campaign. I uninstalled disc one, per some instructions I found in a forum discussing problems with the campaign. I stopped having issues there but have never been able to play more than two chapters of Spartan Ops back to back and usually get kicked out when trying to start a chapter. Disc two is installed, obviously but disc one will not re-install. I wonder how many of you can observe a strange, uneven area of different coloration on the data layer of your disc. If you look at the unlabeled side and slowly tilt the disc, you should be able to see it, if it's there. I'm beginning to think a lot of these issues that seem, on the surface, to be network or server problems, are really the result of defective play discs (disc one). Perhaps it's part of some digital rights management thing. It could be that their servers are attempting to verify my copy of the game is legal and failing because the disc is messed up. It would also explain why the majority of people seem not to be having a problem, while a sizeable minority is having pretty much *identical* issues.

Like you said it is probably just something with your disc it could just be scratched to on a certain point and it won't let you play spartan ops. I'm confused on how you could fix this because new spartan ops are downloaded or were downloaded weekly.

It's definitely not scratched or externally damaged. I checked it pretty thoroughly for that. All that I can see is that weird discoloration I mentioned. The episodes downloading doesn't seem to be the issue. It's more that, in multiplayer or Spartan Ops, it would get to the rotating UNSC logo as if it was going to start a game, then, BAM, main menu. Over and over again.

I didn't realize this site had no affiliation with them, what with the unchallenged ownership of the domain "343industries.org." Oh well, maybe they're like Bungie and pay attention to what people say in fan forums. I'll go ahead and see if I can get a replacement disc. Microsoft should, at least, make the disc available for install online like they did with disc two. That would, theoretically, solve my issue if it's a bad disc and they wouldn't be out any extra cash doing replacements.

Every time I try to play spartan ops, or the campaign on multiplayer online, it drops me out with a network connection error. I have tried...

Different discs

Different router

Hard wired and wireless connections

Removing every other device on the network

Reinstalling software

Running game from cloud save

Removing kinect

Emptying cache

Eventually I tried the Xbox at a different location, works perfectly. So the issue must be with my ISP. After nearly 2 weeks of phonecalls and a few attempts of them (apparently)doing something at the exchange they have given up trying to help me fix the issue saying that it is down to the speed on the line. I don't believe them. 2meg download and 0.4 upload, not fast but adequate I would think, I have no lag at any time or any other speed issues. Surely if there was a speed issue I would just get lag during the spartan ops, I just get booted immediately before the game starts.

My question is this, is it possible that there is some kind of conflict between my isp exchange and the 343 server. I cannot for the life of me think of any other reason for this behaviour. Please please please any help or ideas that I have not already tried would be appreciated.

I have had issues recently playing spartan ops, on solo and co-op, my nat is open, I have 100mb download/ 10mb Upload, and it just seems to get worse as time has gone on, also have experienced enemies disappearing and only their guns shooting me!!! Please switch to dedicated servers This is ruining the game for me!!!