-A Message to the Community-

MCPO Mayh3m

I'm still a pretty new member here. But I can see a split in the members. I know it's natural to form bonds and friendships with some people faster than others. But those friendships shouldn't compromise the integrity of each individual. And when push comes to shove we should all worry about keeping 343 a nice friendly site. That is all.

:salute:

• Like 1

Although I've been apart of this forum for only a couple of days, I've been apart of another forum for almost 2 years now and I'm glad to see that topics like this are being made. Wish someone made something like this on the other forum but whatever. :)

Thanks for posting this.

This is a needed and well deserved post. I have seen this too. Especially when I try to venture out and meet people or join in the shoutbox. It has always been and always will be human nature to band together. Humans have done this for centuries. Most humans need to feel that "comfort" from knowing we are not alone and the security that comes from the strength of numbers. Especially, those who are alone or insecure. I agree that the members of this great forum need to realize that these "cliques" are unnecessary. You are already part of the greatest Halo forum out there! We are not going to always agree with everything or everyone(nor should we loose our identity) but we should always support the 343 Industries Forum as a whole.

• Like 2

Whats going on :o has something happened? I have not been as a active for a few weeks, Maybe post a status update every here and there, but haven't done much besides that. Despite whatever may have happened, this thread has made some very amazing points, I have noticed a change in how things have been.

I'm not particularly sure if i am part of this problem, but im gonna play it safe and say I am and say I'm sorry and go cry for a while...

Although we do try to be courteous when a halo hater does come around, there are a few people who have been less than kind in their replies. I am one of them. so.... yeah... ima stop that...

Unfortunately, this is a fact of life, nothing will ever be perfect. The only thing we can do, is stick together, help each other when possible and do our best to be a community. I know i will try my best and thats all anyone should ask of me, i am not perfect, i never will be, none of us will, but its our flaws that define us, and our friends who make us who we are...

Really well written and really well said Mayhem.

Didn't find a single error in grammar or spelling. You are safe for now. ;)

I remember people literally in awe of Twinreaper as he earned his "Tech Guru" title, he would go into a topic and give this huge explanation on how things worked.. it was truly incredible.

Right there... should be an ellipses or a full-stop. Not very observant now are we Insignia... Tut. Tut.

I guess that this is the next generation of kids.

I think something GINORMOUS that could involve the entire forum.

I'm a member of MLP forums and a member suggested that we make a massive tower of all our ponies (The guy doing it made them all coloured etc and just like they were taken from the show!). It was a big hit and brought everyone together.

We could do something a bit like that maybe a YouTube video with everyone in it.

It's just an idea I came up with off the top of my head but you get the idea?

Love this thread Mayh3m, I think we all need to step up and take responsibility. Stop all the back seat moderating, and going back to the fun old community we once were. Maybe we all need to start out fresh? This is a new year after all you guys, I believe it is our turn to step up as members and show them how to have fun. All of us Trusted Members and Dedicated Members have our groups for a reason, we are trusted by the community as well as dedicated to keep us in shape, what has happened to that? I do miss the old days. But seriously, step up guys, be a leader.

• Like 2

Umm, I havent been here too long, but the time I have spent here has been quite enjoyable. As of what happened recently it seems with explosions of finger pointing and what not. Sticking together as a community is something that must be done. To be honest this is one of the busier forums I have been on for a long..long time. Perhaps its because Halo fans are more than raging pubescent teenagers posting every sick snipe they get every 45seconds or bragging about it.

Also so much anger towards the Mods etc. Why dont we all take a moment to think about all the great things the Moderators do for us, and all they have done for us.

I am not angry towards any mod or admin. I dont know what happened, nor do I care. Its not my business and I want no part of it. I just dont see the point in participating in much of anything on these forums anymore. Things seem to have taken a turn for the worse in my eyes and there isnt anything I can do about it. I am sticking around to observe but thats where it stops at this point.

• Like 3

By far the biggest thing that changed the community was Halo 4. Tbh, there isnt much going on in the world of Halo right now to keep us distracted or.focused. A year and a half ago we were playing Reach and enjoying awesome playlists that were rotated with frequency. Not to mention the Halo 4 prerelease hooplah and panels plus RvB. Right now we are in a non supportive lul.

Hopefully once 343i gets a better handle on things and gears shift to solid kew Halo news....the funk will break. We just need to keep ourselves focused and try not to go stir crazy.

• Like 3

I agree with all of you. I remember last week. (before this post was made) I posted that windows 8 hadn't come out yet. and mayh3m you defended me for what i said. I thank you for that. :clap: you showed me great leader ship and curate. I don't know what the good old days were. but I joined this forum near the end of them and experienced just a little bit of it. I will do everything i can to be nice and respectful. your all an inspiration to me. thank you! :bow:

I completely agree. This site was so much cooler back in December 2011 - early 2012. Good times. I have been on this site since 2011, almost since the beginning and I think now, it's just not the same as it used to be.

i joined around early 2012 it was the best time of this forum

church i agree and i miss the old way this forum was set up. it was much better for me