OutGunnd

When are 343 getting back from holiday?? just asking because Halo 4 is basically a train wreck ATM. I do hope, Frankie and Kiki and the rest of 343 are having a great time in the sun... but you have got a job to do fixing this game you have the cheek to call Halo.

Firstly the game was sloppily put together, if you the common sense to have a beta maybe there would be so much issues and people could actually connect and actually play the game, well I guess that would send even more complainers to the forums. Next is the file share system, or lack of one... we know you have taken so many options out of the file-share browser. Just like the rest of Halo 4. So whats the wait, your quick to shove your poxy crimson Map pack and Spartan flops in our faces so why can't you listen to the fans and give us what we want. Just for once.

Your killing the whole of the forging community. Just saying.

When I get bored of war games... (Which doesn't take long) I love to play custom games, May I ask you 343 what have you done with the "Custom" part of Custom games?? I can't find it anywhere, Options?? Nope. Settings?? Nope. Forge??? No Chance.

What planet are you guys on ?

If 343 are on holiday please accept my apology, Just tell me when 343 are going to be back in business and start fixing this half finished game. Because the game if full if glitches and bugs and the game as so many broken features:

Scoring system broken

"Death Cams" broken

Alpha Zombie broken

Custom load outs broken

Flood customistion problems

Connection problems

Network problems

Weapon balance

Map flow problems

No ranking system

No File share

Poor forge maps

No precision editing

Forge bugs and glitches

Declining population

EDIT: NO RACE WTF!!

There are so many more to name but I'll be here until next week.

Discuss.

• Like 1

Scoring system broken - No it isn't, it works fine for everyone else i know

"Death Cams" broken - Im pretty sure they released a fix for this already

Alpha Zombie broken - Never even seen this issue come up before

Custom load outs broken - This says nothing to me, loadouts are fine, if they are broken, its your fault

Flood customistion problems - Once again, never even seen this issue come up before

Connection problems - 343 are fixing most these issues

Network problems - Read the one above

Weapon balance - The Weapons ARE balanced, you just need to know how to use them

Map flow problems - Really? The Map "Flow" is completely fine, just faster

No ranking system - SR ring any bells?

No File share - Is coming out Early this year

Poor forge maps - We can kinda agree on this one, need larger maps

No precision editing - There is, controls are a little finicky though

Forge bugs and glitches - I have seen some of these, will probably get patched

Declining population - This happens because people gave up before actually giving the game a chance, and these people missed out

• Like 5

Scoring system broken - No it isn't, it works fine for everyone else i know - Play a game of flood/regicide look at the table when the game is over. 1st 7th 4th.

"Death Cams" broken - Im pretty sure they released a fix for this already - Nope Still broken

Alpha Zombie broken - Never even seen this issue come up before - When the alpha zombie dies he turns back to the normal Zombie destroying so many custom game modes

Custom load outs broken - This says nothing to me, loadouts are fine, if they are broken, its your fault - In MM loadout will random reset. In custom games flood mode, you can't change the floods loadouts. How is this my fault ??

Flood customistion problems - Once again, never even seen this issue come up before - Can't change the flood weapons, perks AA etc.

Connection problems - 343 are fixing most these issues - When??

Network problems - Read the one above - When??

Weapon balance - The Weapons ARE balanced, you just need to know how to use them - Boltshot, Useless weapons like the storm rifle.

Map flow problems - Really? The Map "Flow" is completely fine, just faster - Sprint? Jetpack? it doesn't reward clever map momvent just those who spam jetpack

No ranking system - SR ring any bells? - That's not a ranking system, 1 - 50/1 - 100 please. I want a rank that I have to work on that keeps me coming back for more.

No File share - Is coming out Early this year - Sure it is?? didn't they say file share will gonna be out before Christmas??

Poor forge maps - We can kinda agree on this one, need larger maps

No precision editing - There is, controls are a little finicky though

Forge bugs and glitches - I have seen some of these, will probably get patched

Declining population - This happens because people gave up before actually giving the game a chance, and these people missed out

I added some of my own.

Scoring system broken. Play a game of flood/regicide look at the table when the game is over. 1st 7th 4th: He's right about this, I have seen weird behaviour too. Also, I tied with four other people for Flood by points but was listed as 5th and didn't get the win - the Flood Victory commendation is ridiculous unless they introduce a team Flood gametype.

"Death Cams" broken: How are they meant to work? On every game type? No one knows because there is no manual.

Weapon balance: The boltshot is an extremely over-powered loudout weapon. It's a one-shot kill with a small charge time. And I discovered the secondary function in a death cam because there is no manual.

THERE IS NO MANUAL.

Broken melee system: I melee an enemy, maybe even got a couple of shots in first, he doesn't die. He melees me back (no shots fired), instant kill. Happens constantly and is very annoying. They FIXED the melee system in Reach (bleed-through) and took two steps back here.Stupid weapon pickup system: As in Reach. "Hello, I'm standing above a rocket launcher, a pistol, and a storm rifle. Pick up rocket launcher. Damn, I got a pistol. Pick up again, damn I got a storm rifle. Pick up again, damn I go [splat... boom! headshot]..." If you're standing near a power weapon in a cluster of weapons, it should get priority. Simples.

Custom load outs broken: This only happens to me when there is a network timeout (black screen). It happened in Reach too. This doesn't justify the bug which is just sloppy programming and more importantly, bad QC since it was a known problem in Reach.

Preferential treatment to people who spent more and US Live account holders (specializations): I don't want to have to buy the VIP deluxe spa weekend package to get access to features in a videogame and Mountain Dew tastes like !#!$. Give me a crab juice any time. This is a terrible way for Halo to go. Plus, I bought my copy in the US and live here but I cannot access the specializations because years ago, I joined Xbox Live in Europe.

Most of the other points I either disagree with or have no experience about the problem. All in all, I like Halo 4 a lot - it doesn't feel like Halo but it is a solid game. Plus, 343 did fix the stupid commendation targets that Reach had (besides Perfection which only works in slayer gametypes so is more likely to be boosted by most people getting it) and fixed the issue of mismatched sides which reduces the amount of griefing/trolling considerably. However, H4 has its flaws, technical and philosophical. Pretending otherwise is sheer fanboy delusion.

• Like 1

i'm mostly fine with what they did because i've stopped matchmaking because it is boredum and reminds me to much of cod Not sure why. Whats upsetting is the lack of customizing the game for a slayer match you can't even turn off instant respawn thats probably the only thing that really upsets me now everything else i can seem to live with. i do feel halo 4 was extremely rushed for marketing but even so its still a decent game that has more replay value then most..

The alpha zombie isn't supposed to stay Alpha, you die, you are no longer the same zombie, therefore no longer the alpha zombie.

Most of your complaints are things that happen to some, not all. If you're so angry at the game, don't play it. don't waste time going and complaining on a community forum.

The alpha zombie isn't supposed to stay Alpha, you die, you are no longer the same zombie, therefore no longer the alpha zombie.

Most of your complaints are things that happen to some, not all. If you're so angry at the game, don't play it. don't waste time going and complaining on a community forum.

I think the tone of his post was wrong and OTT but he had some valid points about the game. Also, this is one of the best places to complain about the game since there's a chance that others may agree and there may be some momentum for change. Past Halos have taught that many of the features that annoy a large portion of the community get fixed when enough people complain about it so maybe that's what OutGunnd is hoping for.

Hell, at least his post wasn't censored. I posted a response to another user on a certain other forum with factual information in a *slightly* coloured fashion (to make the post less boring but in no way offensive) and it was censored plus I got a forum ban slapped on me by the zealots over there. That is pathetic and has happened before on that forum.

I think the tone of his post was wrong and OTT but he had some valid points about the game. Also, this is one of the best places to complain about the game since there's a chance that others may agree and there may be some momentum for change. Past Halos have taught that many of the features that annoy a large portion of the community get fixed when enough people complain about it so maybe that's what OutGunnd is hoping for.

Hell, at least his post wasn't censored. I posted a response to another user on a certain other forum with factual information in a *slightly* coloured fashion (to make the post less boring but in no way offensive) and it was censored plus I got a forum ban slapped on me by the zealots over there. That is pathetic and has happened before on that forum.

Thanks for the reply, I don't want to be mean but the game has so many flaws it's unreal and not up to the standard set for halo games. Then 343 have the cheek to say they done a "good job" and this is "new halo" .. While ignoring not just me the entire halo community. It makes us mad.

Yes, I know exactly what forum your on about.

Scoring system broken

Is that so? You'll need to expand upon this one to get a good response...

"Death Cams" broken

Can't say that I disagree with you here. Though, I find it to be such a trivial little matter that it has no impact on my overall opinion of the game as a whole.

Alpha Zombie broken

No it doesn't have the same customization options as the past but is that really enough reason to bash the game and toss it out. No. Great custom games can still be made, they just take a little bit more effort and creativity.

Custom load outs broken

I think that the custom loadouts are fine. What in particular seems broken to you?

Flood customistion problems

Yeah 343 industries botched this one really bad. In the long run though it shouldn't be enough to dismiss the game as bad.

Connection problems

Network problems

Both of these problems could likely be from your end. I suggest making sure that your NAT is open and not strict or moderate. If they are then there are some great guides out there to improving in this area.

Weapon balance

I don't think that they did a great job in this area either. Especially when you look at the main 4 precision weapons (DMR, BR, Carbine, Light Rifle)

Map flow problems

What problems are you referring to in particular. I have had some issues on maps such as Adrift CTF and Haven but for the most part I thought that the map flow in this game was pretty good considering the implementation of Insta-spawns and AA's that are meant to drag out combat.

No ranking system

I kind of find myself agreeing with you on this one. Let's be honest though, you can still play the game for the fun of it.

No File share

343 industries has said that they are going to fix this issue really soon (January I believe) and revitalize the file sharing system from the past games with a bunch of cool new features.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...