Skilled ranking system?

Im ginger bush

Just a simple question, will this ever happen? I don't feel its asking too much and I know the majority of players want it, so I'm just wondering why not. Why not create a ranked and social playlist like in the previous Halo's? Make everybody happy. I'm aware there is soon to be a bulletin update regarding CSR (Competetive skill rank) this month, but from all I've heard they've (343) has kinda missed the boat on this. By that I mean you will be assigned some sort of skill ranking but only available on waypoint, which defeats the purpose.

I'd just like honest feedback regarding Skill ranking. When? Why not? How come? etc

Just a simple question, will this ever happen? I don't feel its asking too much and I know the majority of players want it, so I'm just wondering why not. Why not create a ranked and social playlist like in the previous Halo's? Make everybody happy. I'm aware there is soon to be a bulletin update regarding CSR (Competetive skill rank) this month, but from all I've heard they've (343) has kinda missed the boat on this. By that I mean you will be assigned some sort of skill ranking but only available on waypoint, which defeats the purpose.

I'd just like honest feedback regarding Skill ranking. When? Why not? How come? etc

Because 343 thinks it will hurt too many player's feelings. Also they don't want players to want to cheat. So if there is no reward for winning, then there is no point in cheating!

Because 343 thinks it will hurt too many player's feelings. Also they don't want players to want to cheat. So if there is no reward for winning, then there is no point in cheating!

I think that's part of it.

I also think we're just seeing more of this in games, every damn game has a website that tracks stats and has special offers and stuff anymore. Some companies are much worse about it than others, but I think we're seeing an emerging trend in the industry. After all, why just make a game when you can put up a free website and shave some advertising dollars as well?

Instead of it being optional though it becomes more and more of the experience. Instead of just stat tracking you get something from the website that isn't available in the game (Like your Trueskill rank). EA is the worst about it. They put up a site for their games (EA Gun Club) that apparently has never worked, but people joined it because doing so actually unocked stuff in game.

Seeing as 343 already made a game very much like Call of Duty, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft is just copying a lot of marketing methods and such that we see elsewhere in the gaming industry. Ripping off other people's ideas is cheaper than developing your own after all, look at the Chinese.

But am I the only person in the world you doesnt give a damn about "Experience Points" and gaming? I dont really see how the two mix, well more accurately I dont care for it nor enjoy it. Similar to Cod, i dont play it after a while cuz I simply have no incentive to play any more, there isnt any reason. Unless I want to get more experience points... Thats the same with Halo, again gain more experience ponits, to what, buy armor? who the h cares.

What made Halo special and somewhat unique was a skilled ranking system. Playing to better your rank was everything, they need to go back to their roots of what made them so succussful. Why do you think Reach was so unpopular, they shouldve made an obvious note about that.

the problem with this statement is why then did they make the halogram teabag you? that hurts my feelings more. sadly people still boost and cheat in infinity slayer so 343 just wants to kill the competetive nature in the game and give us this bs alot of people are not enjoying or becoming bored of rather quickly