No Bloom, Yes. Now minus Armor lock and I am all yours 343 ;)

Mills3y

No Bloom, YES! Now minus AL and I'm all yours.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Armor Lock Go?

Wtf, Halo isnt real life, that is a really stupid argument.. It's all about gameplay, bloom doesn't favor good gameplay, it introduces luck to a competitive game. If everyone would pace their shots, it wouldn't be a problem, but they don't, there are so many people that spam and when they have host, their shots tend to hit more often then people off host. And apart from that, being able to spam your shots and get a lucky kill because you get a headshot while aiming at your oponents toes, that is not how competitive play that promotes skill should be.. Bloom works fine in CS, not in halo. It adds luck and takes away skill, it's a fact.

And Armor lock is just annoying, it slows down gameplay... But the tweaking 343 is getting done should probably make it alot better:)

"Please 343 keep the bloom in the game. its what bungie would have wanted". Why would you ever do something because that is was Bungie would have wanted, since Halo 2, they have done so much that have made the series worse... probably gonna get alot of hate from this post, but I don't care at all :P

Hate to burst your bubble, but Halo 2 is the most unpolished, unbalanced, glitchy game in the Halo series. I like how you say "while aiming at your opponents toes". No matter how good a connection the host has, you'll never be able to fire your DMR at their feet and get a headshot (stuff like this can happen in Halo 2 though). It's not a fact that it takes away skill, that's your opinion. I hate that people are still saying "bloom" and not "spread". The spread on the DMR is what you're complaining about. Not the bloom feature (which has no effect on how the weapons function). Spread, which is what you're complaining about, has been in every Halo game, and has also acted the way the DMR does. Go into Halo 2 for example, pick up a pistol or something, and fire your shots at a nearby wall. No matter how much you pace your shots, it'll land in a random area. Never the same area twice in a row. That's random. Don't you know that it's better to "spam" your shots when up close to an opponent, rather than pacing them? You should only pace at longer distances (long range). Zoom in, and fire away.

• Like 2

Hate to burst your bubble, but Halo 2 is the most unpolished, unbalanced, glitchy game in the Halo series. I like how you say "while aiming at your opponents toes". No matter how good a connection the host has, you'll never be able to fire your DMR at their feet and get a headshot (stuff like this can happen in Halo 2 though). It's not a fact that it takes away skill, that's your opinion. I hate that people are still saying "bloom" and not "spread". The spread on the DMR is what you're complaining about. Not the bloom feature (which has no effect on how the weapons function). Spread, which is what you're complaining about, has been in every Halo game, and has also acted the way the DMR does. Go into Halo 2 for example, pick up a pistol or something, and fire your shots at a nearby wall. No matter how much you pace your shots, it'll land in a random area. Never the same area twice in a row. That's random. Don't you know that it's better to "spam" your shots when up close to an opponent, rather than pacing them? You should only pace at longer distances (long range). Zoom in, and fire away.

Yeah, Halo 2 was unpolished and had a lot of glitches, but it was AWESOME! Both CE and halo 2 were such great games, but yeah, my opinion, you're right.. What's not my opinion though, but just pure logic and fact is that bloom promotes luck, which i stated in my previous post.. and I am complaining about spread yes, but no bloom=no spread. If there is no bloom, you can't aim at somebodys knees, get lucky, and get a headshot. So if you take away bloom=take away the spread, you take away that posibility, and you will have to be good enough to be able to aim at your oponents head to get that headshot, instead of aiming anywhere else..

Watch at 1:03. Hehe..

Halo Reach, featuring bloom; Aim at knee get headshot.

And about your halo 2 spread example, spread was in CE as well, if you held in the firing button, but wasn't there when you pushed the button at a consistent pace, but you could fire just as fast though. And when spread was introduced in Halo 3 with the BR, that pissed people really off, because it promoted luck. And the bloom in reach is so much worse. Where is the fun in where your oponent spams their pistol and five shots you everytime because of luck?

Yeah, Halo 2 was unpolished and had a lot of glitches, but it was AWESOME! Both CE and halo 2 were such great games, but yeah, my opinion, you're right.. What's not my opinion though, but just pure logic and fact is that bloom promotes luck, which i stated in my previous post.. and I am complaining about spread yes, but no bloom=no spread. If there is no bloom, you can't aim at somebodys knees, get lucky, and get a headshot. So if you take away bloom=take away the spread, you take away that posibility, and you will have to be good enough to be able to aim at your oponents head to get that headshot, instead of aiming anywhere else..

And about your halo 2 spread example, spread was in CE as well, if you held in the firing button, but wasn't there when you pushed the button at a consistent pace, but you could fire just as fast though. And when spread was introduced in Halo 3 with the BR, that pissed people really off, because it promoted luck. And the bloom in reach is so much worse. Where is the fun in where your oponent spams their pistol and five shots you everytime because of luck?

Bloom does not cause spread. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to act like you do. The reason they might have got a headshot is because of either connection problems or just lag. The bullet spread has NEVER acted like that for me. I wish you people would stop being so foolish and learn that bloom =/= bullet spread. That is a fact. Accept it. How can crosshair expansion promote luck? Would you care to explain that for me? If you "spam" your pistol from afar, you won't get killed or kill with five shots. I guarantee that. If you are close enough, "spamming" is what you should do because your shots are more likely to hit. Show me a clip where someone five shots while spamming their pistol from medium or long range; I doubt you can.

• Like 1

Wtf, Halo isnt real life, that is a really stupid argument.. It's all about gameplay, bloom doesn't favor good gameplay, it introduces luck to a competitive game. If everyone would pace their shots, it wouldn't be a problem, but they don't, there are so many people that spam and when they have host, their shots tend to hit more often then people off host. And apart from that, being able to spam your shots and get a lucky kill because you get a headshot while aiming at your oponents toes, that is not how competitive play that promotes skill should be.. Bloom works fine in CS, not in halo. It adds luck and takes away skill, it's a fact.

And Armor lock is just annoying, it slows down gameplay... But the tweaking 343 is getting done should probably make it alot better:)

"Please 343 keep the bloom in the game. its what bungie would have wanted". Why would you ever do something because that is was Bungie would have wanted, since Halo 2, they have done so much that have made the series worse... probably gonna get alot of hate from this post, but I don't care at all :P

well i would say that those are your opinions not fact. i dont see how bloom ads any luck to the game. infact i dont even think their is a such thing as luck in a video game. everyone has a fair chance to hit. if i am spamming the trigger and you are spamming the trigger then we have the same chance of killing eachother. you are taking somthing like recoil and lableling it luck. sorry but no. if you miss because you spammed the trigger it was not "bad luck" it was because you made poor choices. and if you spam the trigger and you do hit once or a few times well your shooting in their direction so i would imagine SOME of those rounds would make contact. i dont even notice the bloom and people say "well you must be getting lucky with the DMR" thats BS because i dont spam i pace my shots so i hit with every shot. i mean how lucky can one person be? are you telling me that the monthes i have been playing reach since it was released all my DMR kills where luck? no because i dont spam. and when i do spam i dont hit crap. spamming is for close range. but anything farther then 4 feet you will not hit or at least not hit in the head.

you cant say bloom works good in counter strike because it is handled largely the same in reach. in counterstrike if you hold down the trigger it is not likely that you will hit anythng. but at least one of those bullets might hit your enemy in the thigh. and if you can manage it or are close enough, one of those bullets might hit them in the head. you say that bloom works well in counterstrike yet you say that bloom messes up halo's competitive enviroment. that shows how dumb you are because counterstrike has an even bigger competitive game then halo yet the bloom works just fine according to you. you contradict yourself therefore your argument is moot.

and as far as armor lock goes. No it does not slow the game. it speeds it up. thats a fact.

• Like 1

thank you. he doesnt seem to understand the basic fuctions of a firearm. if you fire fully auto the gun will shake and recoil and your shots will spread more. if you burst they will not spread as much because you are stopping fire to readjust your aim.

bloom is simply your crossair getting bigger on the screen in order to tell you how much your gun is spreading. spread is the cone of fire.

i wish more people would realise this. that they are not playing call of duty where every gun has almost zero spread. they are playing a tactical hardcore game that reqires discipline not just twitchy fingers.

even if 343 made the mistake of removing AL and bloom as long as they dont do it to invasion i wont rage. i heard they are changing armor lock so that its energy runs out much faster if you taking damage.(kind of defeats the whole point lol) this isnt going to satisfy the purists because their main complaint is when they try to hit somone with a sword and he armor locks then just mellee. making armor lock have its own health bar is not going to fix that. they wont rest untill AL is gone 100%. 343 is just testing the waters and seeing what they can get away with. il bet they will remove armor abilities all together from most of the playlists in time.......as long as they dont touch invasion lol

THAT VIDEO PROVES NOTHING! he had already hit the dude twice with no sheilds so even if it didnt give him the headshot medal he would have killed him reguardless. it only takes 3 DMR body shots to kill somone with full health. it was likely a glitch not the spread. i have had sniper rounds that hit somones arm but gave me a headshot...you ganna blame that on bloom too? lol. it was probably lag or some other glitch because reach DMR has never ever behaved this way for me even when the game first came out. hell that never even happened in the beta and bloom/recoil was WAAAAY worse in the beta. even if it was luck. that kind of thing would only happen once in a blue moon. plus he was pretty close range so spamming the trigger would be a valid tactic at that range bloom or no bloom. and for all you know his teamate shot him in the head and it just gave this dude the kill....that has also happend to me because if you damage somone an his teamate fires the shot that kills the guy you damaged then it gives you the kill.

sorry but this is an isolated incodent and will likely never be replecated. looks more like an error with the hitbox or medal system or just plain old lag.

i have played alot of games in my life so i know BS and glitches when i see em and this looked more like a glitch then it did bloom.

we cant say forsure unless we looked at the match in theater from multiple angles and took a look at the games netcode to see if it threw any errors. a lame MLG dudes youtube video is hardly proof. anyway even if bloom does promote luck i dont see it as being a valid argument because 1: their is no such thing as luck. and 2: many many great compeitive games have dice roll style mechanics. just look at dungeons and dragons. or any competitive RPG for that matter.

come up with a better argument with better evidence.

• Like 2

It's a losing battle Goon. Even with bloom adjustable and this and that fixed, they will find other reasons to blame for sucking or the game being unfair to some. And yeah, more than likely it was lag in the match that caused the shot to appear and register as a hit on the biped's head "hitbox". Just because it is on youtube people, does not make it proof or accurate. as Goon said, poke around thru the netcode and the registered server data first before you jump to conclusions.

• Like 1

It's a losing battle Goon. Even with bloom adjustable and this and that fixed, they will find other reasons to blame for sucking or the game being unfair to some. And yeah, more than likely it was lag in the match that caused the shot to appear and register as a hit on the biped's head "hitbox". Just because it is on youtube people, does not make it proof or accurate. as Goon said, poke around thru the netcode and the registered server data first before you jump to conclusions.

agreed...i think they are going to end up changing alot of playlist's before this debate ends. but they will never be satisfied. as long as they don't tamper with invasion lol (thats what im going to keep telling my self so i dont snap my reach disk LOL)

• Like 1

agreed...i think they are going to end up changing alot of playlist's before this debate ends. but they will never be satisfied. as long as they don't tamper with invasion lol (thats what im going to keep telling my self so i dont snap my reach disk LOL)

I never got into invasion really. I mostly play firefight, and they have screwed with till no end. i may have to give Invasion a try sometime. Perhaps me and the boy will give it a go this friday. Is it a good time, or overly frustrating mostly?

THAT VIDEO PROVES NOTHING! he had already hit the dude twice with no sheilds so even if it didnt give him the headshot medal he would have killed him reguardless. it only takes 3 DMR body shots to kill somone with full health. it was likely a glitch not the spread. i have had sniper rounds that hit somones arm but gave me a headshot...you ganna blame that on bloom too? lol. it was probably lag or some other glitch because reach DMR has never ever behaved this way for me even when the game first came out. hell that never even happened in the beta and bloom/recoil was WAAAAY worse in the beta. even if it was luck. that kind of thing would only happen once in a blue moon. plus he was pretty close range so spamming the trigger would be a valid tactic at that range bloom or no bloom. and for all you know his teamate shot him in the head and it just gave this dude the kill....that has also happend to me because if you damage somone an his teamate fires the shot that kills the guy you damaged then it gives you the kill.

sorry but this is an isolated incodent and will likely never be replecated. looks more like an error with the hitbox or medal system or just plain old lag.

i have played alot of games in my life so i know BS and glitches when i see em and this looked more like a glitch then it did bloom.

we cant say forsure unless we looked at the match in theater from multiple angles and took a look at the games netcode to see if it threw any errors. a lame MLG dudes youtube video is hardly proof. anyway even if bloom does promote luck i dont see it as being a valid argument because 1: their is no such thing as luck. and 2: many many great compeitive games have dice roll style mechanics. just look at dungeons and dragons. or any competitive RPG for that matter.

come up with a better argument with better evidence.

wtf. Why should I respond to any of this? As I see it, you didn't come up with any valid arguments at all. Only claims of that Reach is really glitchy and buggy, which is nothing but a loose statement. But because you know glitches and buggs when you see them, and that "lame MLG dude" who, like all other lame MLG dudes, knows the game better than anyone, I clearly see now that I was wrong. It was nothing but a glitch, and everytime my bloom gives me a lucky headshot when I aim everywhere else, I'll know it's a glitch, and not luck, which does obviously not exist because you say so. Thanks for making me see that, dude.

But seriously though, do you have any positive IQ at all? wow. As to your first sentence; regardless if he had killed him by that shot anyways, since it was his third bodyshot after the shilds went down, he still got a headshot, by luck.. oh wait, luck does not exist. Let's call it fortune then. And if you hit a player in the arm with the sniper, it was probably an angle which made the bullet go through the arm and up through the head. I shoot people all the time in the back with an upward angle, so that the bullet travel through the head as well. Which makes perfect sense, pretty sure it's not a glitch.

And at last but not least, why the ****(!!!) would you compare a third person RPG to a FPS............ I am amazed.

thank you. he doesnt seem to understand the basic fuctions of a firearm. if you fire fully auto the gun will shake and recoil and your shots will spread more. if you burst they will not spread as much because you are stopping fire to readjust your aim.

bloom is simply your crossair getting bigger on the screen in order to tell you how much your gun is spreading. spread is the cone of fire.

i wish more people would realise this. that they are not playing call of duty where every gun has almost zero spread. they are playing a tactical hardcore game that reqires discipline not just twitchy fingers.

even if 343 made the mistake of removing AL and bloom as long as they dont do it to invasion i wont rage. i heard they are changing armor lock so that its energy runs out much faster if you taking damage.(kind of defeats the whole point lol) this isnt going to satisfy the purists because their main complaint is when they try to hit somone with a sword and he armor locks then just mellee. making armor lock have its own health bar is not going to fix that. they wont rest untill AL is gone 100%. 343 is just testing the waters and seeing what they can get away with. il bet they will remove armor abilities all together from most of the playlists in time.......as long as they dont touch invasion lol

Halo is not real life, so why would the gun act like it would do in real life? Pretty odd that you can block an Energy sword attack that would rip right through steel, meeleing with a magnum, don't you think? After all, it should be just like real life.. The bloom should go away to promote good gameplay, not to make it more realistic. If the Spartans are able to use something like armor lock, that makes them able to survive 4 wraith mortars, while being stuck, while being rocketed, I guess they could be able to shoot a gun without a recoil.

And of course people realize what spread really is in reality, we're not stupid, but what you guys don't realize, and I am starting to believe that you never will, is that it makes Halo worse because it promotes luck over skill. But I guess you think that Halo 2 was not a hardcore game, because the BR did not have a bulletspread?

I never got into invasion really. I mostly play firefight, and they have screwed with till no end. i may have to give Invasion a try sometime. Perhaps me and the boy will give it a go this friday. Is it a good time, or overly frustrating mostly?

depends you might think its frustrating but i love it. its humans vs elites. one team defends and the other attacks. the first round is mostly tactical with small arms and sprint/evade. then once the attackers take one of the first two territories it opens up the map more and unlocks more AA's like armor lock and hologram. also more weapons spawn like rockets and snipers/focus rifle ect. usually a few smaller vehicles spawn as well. then after the attackers take one of the second set of bases even more loadouts and armor abilities unlock like jetpack and bubblesheild...also heavy weapons, and vehicles spawn, like the banshee.

it can get frustrating when somone steals your banshee right as it spawns but this can be countered by defending the banshee.

at this point in the match the attackers must capture the defenders navigation core and get it to their dropship. if the attackers can do this they win. if at any point during the match attackers run out of time then they lose.

everyone in invasion has a buddy that they can spawn on as long as they are out of combat or out of the enemy base. use the dpad to choose a spawn

the main theme of the gametype is to give you the experiance of an all out battle between spartans and elites. that is why it has such a heavy use of AA's, power wep's and vehicles. i think its realy fun but invasion is like anal. you will either love it or hate it. it is balanced for the most part but their are alot of quitters and thats what makes it frustrating (for me) but i guess halo in general has alot of quitters....

the only way to know if you will like it is to try it. it is chaotic. chaotic is the best word to describe it so it takes a skilled player in order to keep his cool on the heat of battle, but thats why i like it. its kinda like SP but with smarter elites (or dumber if your playing against nooblings) personally its my favorite gametype and is at least worth a try. but you may find it frustrating because in its later stages people can litterally spawn with shotguns or grenade launchers. luckiliy the maps are pretty open with multiple paths.

my only advice is to watch your back and spawn your buddy. somone trying to spawn on you may give away your location so be carfull. its a very team based gametype because you have to work together to capture bases so it will be funner the more people you have in your party....im not sure how fun it is on splitscreen but its worth a try like i said.

its a gametype that does not promote kills unless you are defending. so camping with the sniper rifle may not be the best tactic.

when i play invasion i play halo music from all the games through my headphones for the maximum effect. its pretty intense

Halo is not real life, so why would the gun act like it would do in real life? Pretty odd that you can block an Energy sword attack that would rip right through steel, meeleing with a magnum, don't you think? After all, it should be just like real life.. The bloom should go away to promote good gameplay, not to make it more realistic. If the Spartans are able to use something like armor lock, that makes them able to survive 4 wraith mortars, while being stuck, while being rocketed, I guess they could be able to shoot a gun without a recoil.

And of course people realize what spread really is in reality, we're not stupid, but what you guys don't realize, and I am starting to believe that you never will, is that it makes Halo worse because it promotes luck over skill. But I guess you think that Halo 2 was not a hardcore game, because the BR did not have a bulletspread?

Wrong. the BR did have a bullet spread and it was not hitscan. The error angle and spread was set to .02 under the tag data, and the velocity of the projectile was set to initial velocity 1200 and max 1200, IIRC. The bullet spread was minimal, but noticable to a sharp shooter with it at long range. Which is why 50% of the time a full 3 shot burst would have only 2 of the projectiles hit the target. Which of coarse noone paid attention to due to the extreme velocity of the projectiles and the fact that they imitated hitscan.

As for your argument of luck, luck as defined in this sense is: "The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune"

Luck is how people explain happenings without a direct at the moment explanation. When in fact, the "luck" you supposedly had was just a chain of events that played out and snowballed onto another action or reaction, without your prior or current knowledge. For real luck, or randomness to happen, a completely unlimited amount of choices and variables have to be present that could effect the end result in any way shape or form. In a game, luck, chance and random is not real. There are set rules, variables and a limited number of each. This defeats the purpose of true random or luck happenings.

If you are going to go and attack my friend Goon for his on point actual facts about a statement made by someone, you will have to go through me first!

And thanks for the info Goon. Sounds like it might be a blast. Definatly gonna play thru a few rounds with my son on friday. Who knows, I might see you there! :thumbsup:

Real quick i need to correct a value from my post above. the initial and ending velocity for the BR is 400. 1200 was the sniper rifle. The error angle was also 0.005235988 and a max of 0.01047198. So many numbers to remember...I was bound to be slightly off at some point., lmao

wtf. Why should I respond to any of this? As I see it, you didn't come up with any valid arguments at all. Only claims of that Reach is really glitchy and buggy, which is nothing but a loose statement. But because you know glitches and buggs when you see them, and that "lame MLG dude" who, like all other lame MLG dudes, knows the game better than anyone, I clearly see now that I was wrong. It was nothing but a glitch, and everytime my bloom gives me a lucky headshot when I aim everywhere else, I'll know it's a glitch, and not luck, which does obviously not exist because you say so. Thanks for making me see that, dude.

But seriously though, do you have any positive IQ at all? wow. As to your first sentence; regardless if he had killed him by that shot anyways, since it was his third bodyshot after the shilds went down, he still got a headshot, by luck.. oh wait, luck does not exist. Let's call it fortune then. And if you hit a player in the arm with the sniper, it was probably an angle which made the bullet go through the arm and up through the head. I shoot people all the time in the back with an upward angle, so that the bullet travel through the head as well. Which makes perfect sense, pretty sure it's not a glitch.

And at last but not least, why the ****(!!!) would you compare a third person RPG to a FPS............ I am amazed.

no im not saying reach is glitchy. im saying reach is a video game and no video game is without bugs. my snipershot didnt go up through into his head i practically hit him in the hand. it was probably lag, but w/e you post a random youtube video of a basement dweller and you act like thats hard evidence. look into the games netcode for that match from the video. if their are no errors then meyb you can blame bloom but it is still hardly proof. im not comparing FPS to RPG im comparing highly competitive games to other highly competitive games. many mechanics that work well in competitive games also work good in other games. halo has more rpg elements behind the scenes then you think. but not many.

present better evidence instead of insulting me and calling me stupid. all that shows is that you have nothing better to add to your argument. you claim you get lucky DMR shots all the time but i play reach frequently and it never happens to me. however in halo3 thanks to its limited netcode i have hit people in the thigh/chest and got kills that i shouldnt have gotten. the mlg guy was pretty close he was ganna get that kill no matter what. bloom or no. It just happend to give him a headshot medal for reasons that you or i, do not, and cannot know. weather it was bloom, luck, a bug, or just plain lag we cannot say forsure without looking at the code from that match.

reach has the occasional bug like any other game released since the first games in history that ever released. for example one time while returning my flag i got a black screen. after the black screen ended we realised that the flags had been switched. instead of returning my flag i waS now standing on the enemy flag.

but that happend once and has never happend again. no game is perfect and if they waited untill all the bugs where gone before releasing the game then the game would never come out.

Wrong. the BR did have a bullet spread and it was not hitscan. The error angle and spread was set to .02 under the tag data, and the velocity of the projectile was set to initial velocity 1200 and max 1200, IIRC. The bullet spread was minimal, but noticable to a sharp shooter with it at long range. Which is why 50% of the time a full 3 shot burst would have only 2 of the projectiles hit the target. Which of coarse noone paid attention to due to the extreme velocity of the projectiles and the fact that they imitated hitscan.

As for your argument of luck, luck as defined in this sense is: "The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune"

Luck is how people explain happenings without a direct at the moment explanation. When in fact, the "luck" you supposedly had was just a chain of events that played out and snowballed onto another action or reaction, without your prior or current knowledge. For real luck, or randomness to happen, a completely unlimited amount of choices and variables have to be present that could effect the end result in any way shape or form. In a game, luck, chance and random is not real. There are set rules, variables and a limited number of each. This defeats the purpose of true random or luck happenings.

If you are going to go and attack my friend Goon for his on point actual facts about a statement made by someone, you will have to go through me first!

And thanks for the info Goon. Sounds like it might be a blast. Definatly gonna play thru a few rounds with my son on friday. Who knows, I might see you there! :thumbsup:

thanks for the facts mate. he has not even made any arguments as to why bloom promotes luck other then his unproven lucky headshot argument.

and if you see me on invasion you better pray im on your team....or it might be a little frustrating getting pounded repeatedly =P

If armor lock is "locking your armor" does it make sense that after your sheilds are down you can still lock down?... I think that sheild power and armor lock should be directly correlated.

sheilds and armour are different things. your sheild generator is independent from your armor lock generator. the armor lock module is located on the lower back of the spartan. the sheild generator is in the backpack thingy (i belive)

Reach connection is fine how it is, yes you get the odd lagy game so just deal with it. Stop trolling reach its really annoying

yes reach has great connection for the most part...but somtimes you are matched with somone with a horrible internet connection. the lag seems to come in waves so it can effect things randomly.

i have played some horrible matches. it all depends. i dont think any developers will be able to fully eliminate lag and the glitches assosiated with it for a long time. at least untill the technolgy of the internet improves to a certain point

Advantages of armour lock :

- Can take huge amounts of damage

- Makes you invincible for 10 seconds(?)

- Can make Plasma Grenades disapear when theyre stuck to you

- Gives you a third person perspective

- Can kill

- Can be used cheaply to destroy vehicles

- Can EMP the people around you

- Can deflect rockets and grenades

- When someone hits you, they recieve damage

- Gives you way more credits (Emp medal and Rejection medal)

- Your health and shield can regenerate when using it

If you don't think this is overpowered, then you dont understand the basics of balanced gameplay (Compare armour lock to sprint or Invisability for example

And dont bother telling me "Oh you dont know how to avoid it". Im sick of standing there waiting there for someone on one shot to come out of armour lock, only for someone else to come along shooting me, and then the guy comes out of armour lock (No longer on one shot) and gets a cheap kill on me. I could run away, but then im losing a kill. So no, theyre isnt a way of avoiiding it, and thats why people want it gone.