Halo 4 Multiplayer Cheaters

contrite

As well as most of you know, there are several cheaters on Halo 4's multiplayer already. I have found myself playing many games with these frustrating cheating goons, and has made my Halo 4 experience nothing less of the opposite of greatness! Unloading an entire clip on a unknowing foe, only to find him turn to recover with only one or two shots to Finnish you off. Headless spartans that wont die, unless you aim for a head that not visiable. Or DMR shooting as fast as a SAW, or just flat out shooting you through walls. What I want to know is, what is 343 doing about this problem, and or Microsoft..?? Anybody that's has come across these problems,..please post your encounters...there's got to be a way to stop these Multiplayer party poopers.

Staff Response

Bear in mind that listing gamertags or any other personal information about the people you have these encounters with is not allowed. The reason for this is simple. It's all to easy for someone to get owned, cry hax, and then beg everyone here to report that players gamertag regardless of whether or not the player was cheating. Putting a gamertag in your post will get your post edited, deleted, or get you a warning point and/or banned.

Edited by The Director
Included Staff Response

One time I played against two SR130's in a team slayer match with my cousin. I was crouching around a corner in Haven. I'm thinking I'm save because I'm not seeing any visible enemies and no one is on the radar. So I turn and look at that ramp that leads to the next level and some dude flies across my screen (he jumped) and nails me about four or five times in the head with the DMR, dropping me before I even knew how to respond with perfect accuracy.

My cousin got so mad he threw the controller and shouted, "these guys are using aimbots!"

I don't believe those guys cheated, I just think they were that good. I think the same may apply in some of the cases you were describing. I'm sure if there were some hard glitches that were being exploited or abused, 343 and the community would be aware and there would be some action taken if it handn't already.

• Like 1

so i have a question i suppose. its regarding circumstances ive been noticing more and more of as of late. basicly what should most definitely kill an enemy randomly decides to have little effect, meanwhile what i should most definitely survive kills me with ease. its like...everything on the other players side data wise (whenever this type of thing is happening) is taking priority, meanwhile mine is literally being ignored...or something.

examples being things like, hit enemy with point blank shotgun, no effect. hit enemy with railgun shot...to the head, no effect. hit enemy with ghost...at full speed...no effect, except that my ghost is flipped/stopped/derailed. hit very nearby enemy with rocket...nothin. and my all time fave, hit enemy with splaser, then melee, no kill (he was NOT in a vehicle nor had overshield BTW, i am certain). aside from much much more of this kind of thing, if a sticky grenade lands anywhere near my, it just about always hops back up off the ground and onto me. but if i'm throwing it, it literally goes through the enemy at times. also, if i shoot someone whos running they just keep going. if i'm shot i still get the usual "i'm a giant snail on weed" effect.

anyway, any ideas as to what this could be? theres never lag spikes during these occurences, so i doubt its that. a pat of me is wondering if this is just stuf that has always happened but ive never before noticed, but another part of me feels people are making the networking data one sided somehow........or something (i'm not tech savy in the least)

• Like 1

As well as most of you know, there are several cheaters on Halo 4's multiplayer already. I have found myself playing many games with these frustrating cheating goons, and has made my Halo 4 experience nothing less of the opposite of greatness! Unloading an entire clip on a unknowing foe, only to find him turn to recover with only one or two shots to Finnish you off. Headless spartans that wont die, unless you aim for a head that not visiable. Or DMR shooting as fast as a SAW, or just flat out shooting you through walls. What I want to know is, what is 343 doing about this problem, and or Microsoft..?? Anybody that's has come across these problems,..please post your encounters...there's got to be a way to stop these Multiplayer party poopers.

Staff Response

Bear in mind that listing gamertags or any other personal information about the people you have these encounters with is not allowed. The reason for this is simple. It's all to easy for someone to get owned, cry hax, and then beg everyone here to report that players gamertag regardless of whether or not the player was cheating. Putting a gamertag in your post will get your post edited, deleted, or get you a warning point and/or banned.

Hacking is out there. We now have players running invis in Swat.

so i have a question i suppose. its regarding circumstances ive been noticing more and more of as of late. basicly what should most definitely kill an enemy randomly decides to have little effect, meanwhile what i should most definitely survive kills me with ease. its like...everything on the other players side data wise (whenever this type of thing is happening) is taking priority, meanwhile mine is literally being ignored...or something.

examples being things like, hit enemy with point blank shotgun, no effect. hit enemy with railgun shot...to the head, no effect. hit enemy with ghost...at full speed...no effect, except that my ghost is flipped/stopped/derailed. hit very nearby enemy with rocket...nothin. and my all time fave, hit enemy with splaser, then melee, no kill (he was NOT in a vehicle nor had overshield BTW, i am certain). aside from much much more of this kind of thing, if a sticky grenade lands anywhere near my, it just about always hops back up off the ground and onto me. but if i'm throwing it, it literally goes through the enemy at times. also, if i shoot someone whos running they just keep going. if i'm shot i still get the usual "i'm a giant snail on weed" effect.

anyway, any ideas as to what this could be? theres never lag spikes during these occurences, so i doubt its that. a pat of me is wondering if this is just stuf that has always happened but ive never before noticed, but another part of me feels people are making the networking data one sided somehow........or something (i'm not tech savy in the least)

I've closed my NAT, this has prevented most of this from occuring again.

• 4 months later...

Yep there out there invincible spartans agains a easy target.played a game a few days ago and the guy would not die two rockets and stuck with a plasma grenade just to shot me once with a pistol!! But did pin him with a warthog he couldn't move but would not die!! Headless Spartans in swat,lag switching and rapid fire dmrs are more and more common!

Can 343 fix this or should I just stop playing all together? Im no halo god but far from a noob I hope they can fix it or least fix the shooting through walls .

• 2 months later...

The same thing happens to me all the time which is why I hate playing matchmaking now. I fight guys who don't even know I'm there and they somehow end up killing me with the same gun I had when I had the jump on them and I hardly missed any shots. This one guy I was fighting he wasn't even looking my way at first and we were on Adrift. I had the shotgun and he an assault rifle. I shot him the first time at point blank range and he didn't die. That was one-sided enough but on top of that I shot him like 3 more times and still nothing. He was just running sideways the whole time this was going on not even shooting me once, and then he finally decides to turn around and start shooting me and I died within a few rounds and he walked away from the battle with his shields not even broken, basicaly unscathed. I even have this recorded in theater mode for anyone to see. There was no lag nor anyone joining or leaving the game. Everytime I plat Halo 4 online it seems I die from the smallest things while the other guys survive Nagasaki, even when we have the same guns and I'm shooting first. It seems as if they modified the damage tables and their guns do more damage than my own. I started playing Reach again because of this and the problem rarely happens. Also on 4 levels like Shutout are very glitchy and slow moving and hard to keep a steady aim if you play with your sensitivity on 10 like me. There should also be a none of the above option when voting for maps or a way to recast your vote.

its not cheating if its normal gameplay. its cheating if the enemy manages a lagswitch, doesnt allow respawning when its enabled, or when the loadout you selected is changed to something you didnt edit

i even have my problems with players who are better than me. all i can do is try again or quit the match and find another. if worst comes to worst, i can try to file a complaint if i notice any evidence that goes beyond gameplay (which is about every 1 in 100 games)

Well how do you explain the guy surviving the multiple shotgun shots and suddenly turning to shoot me at the last minute with his assault rifle with not nearly enough shots to kill me nor did he have damage boost and I had full shields? And the lagswitch thing you speak of happens in most games we play. Our loadouts change without us changing them, we don't respawn back when we die, instead we lay there inside our dead bodies watching them kill the rest of our team, and then there are times when I'm about to go into a fight with a shotgun or something and my guy switches to a machine gun without me pressing the y button or either I have the shotgun out and it has ammo but won't fire when I press the trigger.

• 4 weeks later...

While I haven't had the headless people in swat yet, I have run into quite a large number of people who don't seem to take any damage. My accuracy is at the point where the majority of my kills are 4 shot br kills. I'm normally top of the leader boards and its pretty obvious somethings going on when you get into a game, your hitting them in the head and they just aren't dying. This guy I fought last night was rediculous.  I didn't even manage to kill him once, nades had no effect (saw him walk through two well placed path blockers with no damage). He'd come around the corner and be two shots in as I'm firing my first (promethean lined up). Somehow managed to kill three people before dying several seconds later. Two of them had saws I had a BR, he had a BR. Another game that night in doubles my partner and I couldn't make a single kill on rail. Snapshot Headshot before anyone showed up every time. I've had this happen a number of times so I thought it was originally a framerate issue so I upgraded my xbox. (There are framerate issues with all new textured maps especially with splitscreen). Nope seems something else is letting them do it. My partner was so angry he just left and said he'd be off for a week. I report people who I think are cheating but it really seems like its just a drop in the bucket and no ones emptying the bucket. Its very disheartening since Halo 3 had pretty much the same problems and it was never fixed. Having not fixed these issues is one of the main reasons I won't be getting Halo 5. Oh and check this out, as I was looking to get my new xbox I ran across this among other similar ads.

http://s7.postimg.org/5doysn8m3/xboxad.jpg

You know its bad when things are this blatant.

I hate to be "that guy", but it sounds like you guys are all complaining about being had.

I have played a lot of games, and I have never come across anyone cheating, exploiting, or hacking this game except one time I fought a headless Spartan. That was a long time ago however.

If I got killed by someone, it was because they legitamately outplayed me. I probably missed a BR shot here, or my shotgun pellets didn't all connect there. It happens more than we like to admit. The whole community isn't modding.

• Like 1

the only hacking anyone can do in matchmaking is lag switching, actually changing components of the game isn't happening.

How does that explain the headless Spartan crisis that happened around a few months after Halo 4s launch? Heck I think Kotaku even reported about it. Although lag switching is the most common way I would assume changing components of the games runs a high risk of getting your console banned. 

• 3 weeks later...