Hey there everyone, i wanted to start this topic so that if anyone who needed a map tested could come here and see if it works well get feedback ideas and other thoughts, i will be testing with everyone i am currently working for a bachelors for game are design so i could help alot with maps and how smooth they work.

SO WHOS WANTS TO TEST SOME MAPS!??!?!?!?!?!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET A MAP TESTED PLEASE PLACE YOUR GAMERTAG BELOW WITH A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE MAP THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TESTED

-gamertag: ElJefeWay

Id like my map tested.

Gamertag:ElJefeWay

Description: a big team slayer map , no special game types just big team slayer and ffa. Its a map made in impact with atroid fields for banshee warfare, it has 3 banshees, gauss hog, ghost and mongooses. i would like to test the gameplay of it with the smoothness of the transitions between random drops and intial drops tested i will be on here all day

GT: Cheeky Hamster

Map: Newton

Please may you test my map, I want to know whether the spawns are good and whether weapon placements and map flow are good enough for a good competitive map, i am also slightly concerned about sight lines

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/22002-newton-updated/

Gamer tag: Soul DestroyerX

Map: Hellridge Prison V2

Description: This map is meant to be used with the game type Assassin V2.

Basically, it's a prison. The assassin (the flood) spawns inside of one of the jail cells and has to escape and kill all of the prison guards in the prison, while the guards have to seek and destroy the assassin. The assassin is weak, but nimble, and there are many ways for him to stealth throughout the prison. The guards are powerful, but aren't as nimble, as they cannot go everywhere the assassin can. And when there is one guard remaining, he receives the ability to either pilot the mantis, or pick up the Gatling gun which will kill the assassin quicker, but it hinders his mobility even more.

I've already done preliminary tests (hence the V2 now), I just need to see if the map runs smoothly now. Please and thank you. :)

Map name Chan Ball

GT BruceChan123

please can u try my map. Its a grifball map that i made its totaly different cause u get to float arround.

Wpuld be gratefull if u tried it and sent me feed back and also shared it arround.

Before i go it works with the game type Chan Ball

Cheers and have a merry christmas

ok i got the friend requests sent and maps downloaded if you want to do a walkthrough with me just message me and ill be testing them today hopefully, just need to get all my testers together and ill be messaging you the feedback i get on them

Thank you, Merry xmas

-ElJefeWay

Results are in for all three maps!

GT: Cheeky Hamster

Map: Newton

Please may you test my map, I want to know whether the spawns are good and whether weapon placements and map flow are good enough for a good competitive map, i am also slightly concerned about sight lines

http://www.343indust...newton-updated/

i have tested this map here are the problems:

the Grav lifts to be fixed, some people have gotten stuck on them in the bases and couldnt get out of the lift

placing of the rocket launcher in the middle is to over powering try moving it to a harder spot to get too or replace it with a railgun

check your weapon respawn times some of them said they spawn to quickly

here are the good things about it:

Its a great sniper battle map

the grav zone in the middle is a cool add in

the gameplay is smooth other then what i said was wrong

its very simple and fun to play spawn points work great

Keep up the good work!

-ElJefeWay

Gamer tag: Soul DestroyerX

Map: Hellridge Prison V2

Description: This map is meant to be used with the game type Assassin V2.

Basically, it's a prison. The assassin (the flood) spawns inside of one of the jail cells and has to escape and kill all of the prison guards in the prison, while the guards have to seek and destroy the assassin. The assassin is weak, but nimble, and there are many ways for him to stealth throughout the prison. The guards are powerful, but aren't as nimble, as they cannot go everywhere the assassin can. And when there is one guard remaining, he receives the ability to either pilot the mantis, or pick up the Gatling gun which will kill the assassin quicker, but it hinders his mobility even more.

I've already done preliminary tests (hence the V2 now), I just need to see if the map runs smoothly now. Please and thank you. :)

I have tested this map the concept is cool but there still needs to be a lot of work done on it

here are the problems:

its way to hard to get out of the cells in the beginning by the time we got out the match was over (Try to not leave points where you havta jump and crouch to get over that spot)

the doors don't open i don't know if they were supposed to or not

barriers re spawns are too fast to escape the cells and move around quickly

the map seemed to condensed for a prison

the concept sounds exciting when i told the players they really wanted to try it out

the look of the map is pretty good i like the pipes and walkways you have on the top of the levels

Keep up the work!

-ElJefeWay

Map name Chan Ball

GT BruceChan123

please can u try my map. Its a grifball map that i made its totaly different cause u get to float arround.

Wpuld be gratefull if u tried it and sent me feed back and also shared it arround.

Before i go it works with the game type Chan Ball

Cheers and have a merry christmas

here are the problems:

you need to put more stuff inside your map its to plain throw some crazy stuff in it

its grifball thats the good thing about it lol

grifball rocks

grifball is fun lol

Keep up the good work!

-ElJefeWay

I made a 8 v 8 assault and defend type variant of dominion where the attacking team tries to infiltrate and capture a star ship, the points being the hangar, bridge, and comunnications. If the attacking team takes it over and kills all crew they win, and if defenders hold the ship for 15 min they win. The starship is very extensive and has several decks. I have yet to test it on large scale 8 v 8 but as far as the fundamentals to set up the game and run well are all correct, just need polishing and players to play, PLEASE HELP :D

I'm also a big fan of custom and if you'd like to add me im always down to play/host. And am also willing to aid any testing. My gamer tag is: Dirty Ravers

hey everyone sorry about not being on i had a busy holiday week but now im back on ready to test any maps or find any good testers i have made another map that id like to test its called versa its a 2vs2 - 5vs5 it does support big team but is not recommended also supports oddball ctf or koth its a symmetrical map on ravine

-eljefeway

gamer tag: bklynblaze09

map: Mr. Slave ( cant think of a name and i love south park lol)

description: its a small 2-8 player map for FFA or Team slayer. i love the map lockout from halo 2 so i tried to make this map have the same feel to it. one thing i really need help with is the whole spawn point thing thats my weakness. thnx.

alright no problem luckily i am pretty good with spawn points because it has to do with the flow of battle you want on your map when someone spawns you want them near powerup but not to close u want them facing cover and spawning in closed areas that people wont see when they spawn but yea ill check it out make sure its on your file share and updated to the newest version

alright no problem luckily i am pretty good with spawn points because it has to do with the flow of battle you want on your map when someone spawns you want them near powerup but not to close u want them facing cover and spawning in closed areas that people wont see when they spawn but yea ill check it out make sure its on your file share and updated to the newest version

wiil do. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

alright i will be doing testing tomorrow on the maps placed on this thread sorry i have not been on here...... my school has just started up again so i was busy the past week getting supplies for a class i am taking this quarter. please place any more maps needing testing on here i will be looking forward to testing them with my friends online and offline with newbies and non newbies to give them a good sense of what works well on this maps and what does not for all different types of players for an extensive test that means update your maps if you changed anything and re upload them on fileshare.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have made several maps on Halo:Reach, but am just starting on Halo4. I see a menu option to play forge community maps. I have created one that seems to play well (on local group) but I wanted to see what others thought. Pardon my ignorance, but how do I upload a mapto the community forge testing section? My info is below.

Gamertag: bag csc

Map name: Rise Again

Summary: Best played with 4+ people. I strived for balance of a somewhat larger map, but not so large that it's hard to locate other players.

Please test this map and/or advise how I can upload so others can enjoy.