Halo Wars 2: Would it be awesome?

Kimster12

No, no Halo Wars 2 would not be good. The first Halo Wars wasnt good either. Its an RTS on a console, those things do not mix. Period.

Edit: As the Director pointed out I forgot to mention this... These are my opinions nothing else. They are not factual, just opinions.

Edited by Vaulting♥Frog
  • Like 1

No, no Halo Wars 2 would not be good. The first Halo Wars wasnt good either. Its an RTS on a console, those things do not mix. Period.

I respectfully disagree with this. I think that the first one was fantastic. It was so simple with its rock-paper-scissors damage style yet so fast paced because you constantly had to micromanage: attack while training more units, upgrade these, occupy this, build here, build there, take this base. It was really great and it had the best cutscene graphics of any of the Halo games. I jump on almost every Halo Wars 2 thread because I look forward to it so much. Halo Wars 2 will happen, I've said it before and I'm saying it again. It's a very big success with a lot of Halo fans because of the freedom of controlling a small army using units from the Halo Universe. That's just awesome in itself! And being able to zoom in and see the action up close is very fun haha. I don't exactly know how the story would work but wait some years and it'll come up I know this. Frank O'Connor already mentioned how very possible it was or would be if they weren't so occupied with the Reclaimer Trilogy.

I respectfully disagree with this. I think that the first one was fantastic. It was so simple with its rock-paper-scissors damage style yet so fast paced because you constantly had to micromanage: attack while training more units, upgrade these, occupy this, build here, build there, take this base. It was really great and it had the best cutscene graphics of any of the Halo games. I jump on almost every Halo Wars 2 thread because I look forward to it so much. Halo Wars 2 will happen, I've said it before and I'm saying it again. It's a very big success with a lot of Halo fans because of the freedom of controlling a small army using units from the Halo Universe. That's just awesome in itself! And being able to zoom in and see the action up close is very fun haha. I don't exactly know how the story would work but wait some years and it'll come up I know this. Frank O'Connor already mentioned how very possible it was or would be if they weren't so occupied with the Reclaimer Trilogy.

Oh I dont have a problem with the units. I have a problem with the controls. It is so limited in what you can and cannot do. Consoles are just inferior when it comes to RTS gaming. You have far better micromanaging skills on a PC than on the console. Thus as an RTS (to me) it failed just like every other RTS on consoles out there.

Also I really really didnt like the story. I bought it and suffered through I think the first 4 or 5 missions and I just couldnt play it anymore. The storyline was not compelling what so ever to me and the gameplay was horrid at best.

Yes Halo was originally slated to be an RTS. Yes it could have been great however they chose the wrong platform for an RTS. That is why I say it was bad.

Personal opinion not fact, but still valid I think.

Then explain Command and Conquer 64. Yeah, that's right. You can't. Because that was a mix between RTS and a console, and it was the best RTS ever. If you've never heard of C&C64, then you missed out on the most amazing experience you could have with an N64. And I feel bad for you. Here, have a pity cookie. (>'.')> ○
  • Like 1

Then explain Command and Conquer 64. Yeah, that's right. You can't. Because that was a mix between RTS and a console, and it was the best RTS ever. If you've never heard of C&C64, then you missed out on the most amazing experience you could have with an N64. And I feel bad for you. Here, have a pity cookie. (>'.')> ○

I have heard of it and it still was aweful compared to the PC variants of RTS games. Also Star Fox 64... enough said.

Your not going to change my mind on this Director. Consoles and RTS games do not get along.

I have heard of it and it still was aweful compared to the PC variants of RTS games. Also Star Fox 64... enough said.

Your not going to change my mind on this Director. Consoles and RTS games do not get along.

SF64 was pretty epic, but C&C64 was more-so The point is that if they are done correctly, then RTS games on consoles CAN work. However, most companies these days simply design them the same way they would for a PC and slap it on a console, which is the wrong thing to do.

And an argument could be made that every game is awful* compared to the PC variants of the game. Which means that by your logic, no game gets along with consoles. Which is obviously just fanboyism. You seem to be exhibiting fanboyism on a much smaller scale. Which means you still rate the pity cookie. (>'.')>○

• Like 2

SF64 was pretty epic, but C&C64 was more-so The point is that if they are done correctly, then RTS games on consoles CAN work. However, most companies these days simply design them the same way they would for a PC and slap it on a console, which is the wrong thing to do.

And an argument could be made that every game is awful* compared to the PC variants of the game. Which means that by your logic, no game gets along with consoles. Which is obviously just fanboyism. You seem to be exhibiting fanboyism on a much smaller scale. Which means you still rate the pity cookie. (>'.')>○

While I like cookies I still wont take one. Its not that I am showing "fanboyism" its a personal preference. Just as you have personal preferences of your own (whatever they may be). I prefer Mass Effect on the console instead of PC because the controls feel better on the console. Its all in its design.

One could make the arguement that if a game is designed "properly" they CAN work on any platform. Its up to the developer to do so, and in this case (as well as any other RTS cases on consoles) I feel they failed in the worst possible way.

Also you could have said that about any "argument" which involves personal opinion as personal opinions are only correct for the person who has that opinion. Wasnt using logic, just stating a personal opinion..

Good gravy dude did you not realize that I was stating a personal opinion? I thought I made that clear...

While I like cookies I still wont take one. Its not that I am showing "fanboyism" its a personal preference. Just as you have personal preferences of your own (whatever they may be). I prefer Mass Effect on the console instead of PC because the controls feel better on the console. Its all in its design.

One could make the arguement that if a game is designed "properly" they CAN work on any platform. Its up to the developer to do so, and in this case (as well as any other RTS cases on consoles) I feel they failed in the worst possible way.

Also you could have said that about any "argument" which involves personal opinion as personal opinions are only correct for the person who has that opinion. Wasnt using logic, just stating a personal opinion..

Good gravy dude did you not realize that I was stating a personal opinion? I thought I made that clear...

You did not follow internet protocol by stating "IMO", "In my opinion", "Imho" or any of the other statements that are designed to let people know you are stating only an opinion rather than fact. Therefor, the blame lies with you, not me. :D

You did not follow internet protocol by stating "IMO", "In my opinion", "Imho" or any of the other statements that are designed to let people know you are stating only an opinion rather than fact. Therefor, the blame lies with you, not me. :D

I thought I had, my appologies. I shall amend my posts to state as such.

I thought I had, my appologies. I shall amend my posts to state as such.

Good man.

Back to the topic at hand, I pretty much play Halo for the story, so I don't mind if they do another Halo Wars. IMO Halo Wars had a pretty good story, and also followed canon (and even had a halo timeline). So it didn't disappoint in that regard and I would like to see another.

• 3 weeks later...

im not sure but i think frank had also said they might allow another company to make it just like bungie did with hw1, but i would have to go and watch the interview again to be sure.

• Like 1