Ok so im new to this Forum and i'm starting this petition to let 343 know that we (the community) want a Forge world in Halo 4!I I was throwing around some ideas on how they could make a new Forge World, like having allot of different Forging environments into one single map like in Reach, or maybe just remake the old Forge World and put it in Halo 4 as a free downloadable piece of content, just like what Bungie did with the map Chill out in Halo Combat Evolved turning it into Cold Storage in Halo 3. Getting back to business here, all I ask of the Community is to say down in the Comments that you want Forge World back! Don't be afraid to comment either cause there are many Gamers out there that want the good ol' Forge world, and share this Thread so it can be the most popular thing on the Forums! I know its allot to ask but if we can get enough people then we will get what we receive. Please comment idea's too on what 343 can do. Thank You for your time, Love you 343! p.s...... we want Falcons/Hornets back too........ :respect:

• Like 2

The 3 maps they give you are pretty large and have a huge variety of spaces to build and unique objects, forge world isnt really necessary, I mean, who really used the entire map? Further more of those who did, where the maps even practically playable? The hornet/ falcon sounds really nice though, there is not enough team vehicles in the game let alone only one flying craft.

I don't want a forge world, but I would like some really good designed maps made. I can't wait for April's Castle Map Pack, I'm hoping for the best of the best. Forge world was fun, if something was to return I would suggest a giant island to island map. ^_^

i think a new "forge world" is a wonderful idea.. those who dont want a forge world i think mostly play multiplayer or just online or arent too good at designing but to those who are YOU DESERVE A FORGE WORLD :) reach's forge world as far as i know belongs to bungie (the rights anyway) so i dont think they can bring it back but theres no reason to not make a whole new one. maybe ICE WORLD this time :) i always wanted to see forge world in winter but i think it would be fantastic to have another titanic map to play and have fun on, thats the point of games after all you know... some stages that featured the entire map were outlandish but very very very very fun... most of them were races or even huge environment puzzles... i proclaim this: 343, if you say you want to have your players have fun... why did you deny them one of the greatest creations that bungie ever generated for the people... those "large" stages to forge on in halo 4 are savagely limiting and those who love forge world know what im talking about. the point is that no not all of the map was used but the scenery was beutiful and spectacular. you could make maps on the water high in the air in a cave on a plain or cliff on an island or even next to a waterfall IT WAS GORGEOUS and these stages in halo 4 are well, tiring. how do you expect to see 'creations' when these stages seem to encourage specific building scenarios... and this is just me here but i cant stay in these stages long before i get visually tired and sick of the colors of them with that i have to quit forging when in reach i could forge for six hours at a time, the exception to the color thing is ravine which ironicaly is the smallest of the forge maps. lol i even laugh now cuase sometimes when me and my brother would forge we would make short movies, just the two of us while generating what we need and making the voices and stuff, it was so much fun... i guess that could still be done but the areas are very small by comparison and wont allow for very many 'locations.' allowing players to build as big or small without expectations or limitations is one of the greatest joys i have ever recieved so please please 343i, keep a great idea going. let those forge fanatics (myself included) go wild and crazy and amazing with their ideas :)

sorry the post is soooooooo long :>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elites,forge World,theater in Campaign,Firefight odst style,falcons,elephants,living dead,hammer brutes,double team,multi team,team snipers (back),maps 343 make in forge (like bungie did the Cage),possible to make enemies in forge,Firefight forge,throw sword /hammers (but you loose the weapon if you throw it),flood,possible to have two smal wapons the same time,more turrets,flood,HARD BOSSBATTLES... The list goes on...

I think they should bring out forge world but they should do it better like have different biomes or have a new map and have different variantions of it like winter forge world or sandy forge world they could improve forges greatly like have npc placing so you could put grunts down to fight or make your own spartan op maps because i did like the magnet idea in halo 4 ut i couldn't find a good enough map to make a building so please 343 industries make a new forge world we all beg of you PLEASE! ^_^

Personally i think Impact is the best forge map in halo 4 BUT if there was a way to make a Impact themed forge world-ish map i would spend majority of my time there. I loved forge world but now the only map i forge on is impact because it has the best special objects (the impact objects). But if impact were made bigger and into a "forge world", forge would be so much better. Although I would be perfectly happy with a forge world remake OR just a brand new forge world, i would prefer a space forge world. Or even better make a Space (impact like) forge map (size of forge world), a grassy forge map (ravine like) forge map (again forge world size), and a cave (erosion like) forge map (yet again the size of forge world).

I agree that Forge World was a slice of amazing, which allowed for crazy amounts of gametype/map making possibilities. There are three main factors that conributed to Forge World's success that are important to remember when offering the community and new take on Forge World. Please take these into consideration for future Forge maps 343.

1) - Size

This is probably the most basic of the three factors, but likely the most important. I'm inclined to think that the Forge community will be able to make some nice leaps forward with the new tools offered in Halo 4. But without a very large space to play in, the game types and epic scale of long range battle suffers. I'm not saying that we don't have maps large enough for BTB already, but for further expirimental gametypes, we need more space. After all, community involvement and novel idea creation should be an important base to the progression of the Halo series and the way that it impliments multi-player. Halo 4/5 could include a gametype reliant upon team travel over long range and survival of choke-points. Spartan-Ops represents half of that equation, but without a team against team dynamic, it will never succeed the way a War Games variant could. Imagine how amazing that gametype could be!

2) - Landscape Variety

Forge World found success through multiple gametypes and layouts because of a focus on offering areas that fulfilled basic layout needs. If you needed a large area of flat land, you could use the cliff above the large Forerunner room. Interior flat land for arena maps was found in the Forerunner room. Cliff walls were all over the place for maps that emerged from rock face. There was a spire island made for medium sized maps and had a nice upper center point, but could be used to circle the nautral space without sight lines. Obviously the large center island stood alone as an isolated place for creating big team maps with no way out. Lastly, the valley, which works for obvious reasons, gave another take on BTB space that locked the player in. Since the space between these areas needed filler, we were given a multitude of other sweet nooks, crannies, and caves to play with. In the end, all layout types could be accomplished without the use of too much initial budget for basic shape.

3) - Visual Tone

Forge World had a clear theme of daytime grassy fields and mountainous terrain with a large side of ocean. The visual beauty and bright tone made it a suitable place to spend countless hours creating maps. I don't expect a tonal copy for a "Forge World" type map in Halo 4, but please pay close attention to making it a space that Forgers want to spend their time in. Currently, the three Forge maps available in Halo 4 offer some pretty cool visual variety, which I really appreciate. However, when I consider starting a new map right now, I always tend to lean towards Ravine, essentially backing away from the other two because they feel a bit dreary over time. Clearly, the visuals in those other maps make for maps that look really interesting while playing competetively, but the time it takes to get a map ready can be draining when you feel like you're Forging in a dark space.

I guess what I'm trying to say, in a very long-winded way, is to give us something bright and open with imortant basic landscape features since we already have a space theme and a cavernous map. The winter idea sounds nice, although not entirely novel. The best course of design might be to offer something heavily forerunner influenced that fuses with a bright exterior. Think "Forerunner Wasteland" and all of the above bullet points are achievable within the thematic confines of Halo 4's universe. It would also please the "Sandbox" lovers out there.

At the end of the day, I love the Forge and the things that have been accomplished so far. So THANK YOU! As a consensus of Forgers though, that love and support the longevity of your game, the above points are considered standard and basic since the bar has already been set. As always, we want to push the boundaries of what the Forge can offer Halo, but we need a larger space to do it in.

Thank You.

=^..^=

The 3 maps they give you are pretty large and have a huge variety of spaces to build and unique objects, forge world isnt really necessary, I mean, who really used the entire map? Further more of those who did, where the maps even practically playable? The hornet/ falcon sounds really nice though, there is not enough team vehicles in the game let alone only one flying craft.

Nope, not large at all. Also they all have pre built structures that cannot be removed which is annoying. Ravine is far to small to build anything large enough on. Same goes for the other two. No we need forge world.

Forge world had a good environment. It was fun for messing around in and competitive- the new maps are good compared to the days of sandbox and foundry but compared to forge world, it's giving us a full cake then taking away all but one slice of said cake.

In addition, each piece should have the reach forerunner decal, human like 4 and possibly covenant which can be changed.

The limited size of these maps has given me forge block. I can't think of ideas.

Forge world had a good environment. It was fun for messing around in and competitive- the new maps are good compared to the days of sandbox and foundry but compared to forge world, it's giving us a full cake then taking away all but one slice of said cake.

In addition, each piece should have the reach forerunner decal, human like 4 and possibly covenant which can be changed.

The limited size of these maps has given me forge block. I can't think of ideas.

This, I can't forge anything worthwhile on these maps because they are too limited. I tried making a race map the other day on ravine; wouldn't work. If anything i beg for just a blank canvas map! no prebuilt environment or terrain just like sandbox. Allow us to do what we wish with the map.

• 2 weeks later...