How are noobs beating good players?

Jamesw01

Whats to nerf for the Boltshot? Make charging longer?

As it stands the range is fine imo. They should just make it a weapon you can pick up on the map if people really find it that annoying.

Big problem this game has is the large bloody maps. As someone said its just to easy to sit anywhere on the map with a DMR and snipe anyone who comes into your field of vision.

The weapon pickups could be an option as well. But if it's going to be made accessible in the loadouts it should be nerfed. I agree completely about 343 making smaller maps. People wonder why Haven is played so much. Haven, a small, symmetrical map, plays the best out of all the map options.

I think what some people fail to miss is that anyone can hang back bang away with a DMR and get themselves a nice fancy K/D, great sounds just like CoD, congrats you play a team based game but play for yourself...

Yet another reason 343 needs to implement the competitive skill ranking system asap, so that people can start caring more about wins and losses, and not just care about their own K/D ratio.

Are you saying that because everyone has a gun at the start that its an even match? Because the differences in the starting weapons is extraordinary and doesn't make it an even match.

If everyone starts with a gun that does the same thing as the other then it should not be an uneven match. If we both have the options between a carbine and a BR then its an even match.

Yet another reason 343 needs to implement the competitive skill ranking system asap, so that people can start caring more about wins and losses, and not just care about their own K/D ratio.

People keep saying this but I have yet to see a team win a game when their whole team has a worse k/d ratio than the other team.

343 has listened to us guys wheres file share? team doubles??? multi team??? team objective??? what i thought :(

People keep saying this but I have yet to see a team win a game when their whole team has a worse k/d ratio than the other team.

Play oddball or KOTH *Oh wait thats gone* i've lost alot to people just running for oddball..

Finally after 1month enjoyed my first halo game it was oddball and we were down 290 to 0 and came back to 298 and then the game said oh your about to win? let me give the other team incineration cannon and spawn yall on the other side of the ball.

Give everyone a gun = Even match

Give everyone a machete = Even match

Give everyone a bowl of cheerios = Even match

Give everyone a Rocket Laucher = Even match

Give everyone a candy bar = Even match (unless your allegergic to nuts)

Either way I hope you get the point.

It's not a difficult point to grasp. Well put.

Uneven would be reds starting with rockets, swords and overshields whilst blues start with that s**t grey gun from goldeneye.

If some clown is trying to shoot you in the head 5 times with a dmr, just make sure you shoot him 5 times in the head FIRST.

Jebus, you'd think this was a new concept, the rate people are going on about it. AND. Boltshot is easy to avoid anyway.

I think the point is obvious. Uneven gameplay would be reds starting with rockets, swords and over

Are you saying that because everyone has a gun at the start that its an even match? Because the differences in the starting weapons is extraordinary and doesn't make it an even match.

Ok. So I give you the choice between a water gun and a DMR. You get the DMR.

I have not been beat outright by noobs yet in regicide.

What if you are the noob o_O

1) a choice between weapons doesn't warrant an even match. Absolutely NOT.

2) I shouldn't be forced to choose a weapon based on the map size or what the other team is doing, that's what I have been meaning by unbalance in weapons.

Say for example I'm playing abandon and the other team is using all DMRs and Boltshots while my team is using BRs and pistols. Which team wins? Depends on how each team is playing, but I give priority to the DRM/Boltshot team because they have a stark advantage for long and close range but not midrange. To overcome this disadvantage the team with BRs and Pistols needs to change their classes to counter whatever the DMR team is doing. The problem with this scenario is that it's making the player have to choose a class he may not want to use because of specific reasons.

You could say that the person doesn't have skill because they can't adapt to DMR Boltshot play but my worry is that the DMR boltshot play is being largely favored over BRs and Pistols. Honest to god I can't kill people with my pistol because they usually beat me with DMRs and Boltshots and I would consider myself to be a pretty above average player in most situations.

Do you all see what I'm getting at? A gun shouldn't be favored over another at the start, they should all be equally powerful to one another. I'm almost always going to choose the DMR and boltshot so why bother even including the BR, pistol, AR, storm rifle, etc. if almost EVERYONE is using a DMR and boltshot.

The other unbalanced part in all this is that let's say that one team, which I'll call red team, is split between BR and DMR and I am on blue team using a DMR. For this to make sense let's say that everyone in the game is of equal skill. So I'm just running around the map looking for guys to kill, i come across a DMR guy and let's say i get the jump on him and out gun him, then I come across a BR guy and outgun him from a long range because i have the advantage, then I go down a tunnel and yet again there's a BR guy. HOWEVER this time he beats me because the BR is the better midrange gun and I am stuck with a DMR. This is where balance is crucial. In halo 2 and halo 3 EVERYONE had a fair advantage, barring any weapon pickups, no matter where you were because you started with the same weapon; therefore, it all came down to skill and not specific advantages I had with my BR over his. In halo 4 this is not the case, you could come across a guy with any combination of primary and secondary weapons and depending on the map and circumstances could be at a stark disadvantage from the start. Unbalance sir. I will call it that all day.

• Like 3

Thats cause its impossible

1) a choice between weapons doesn't warrant an even match. Absolutely NOT.

2) I shouldn't be forced to choose a weapon based on the map size or what the other team is doing, that's what I have been meaning by unbalance in weapons.

Say for example I'm playing abandon and the other team is using all DMRs and Boltshots while my team is using BRs and pistols. Which team wins? Depends on how each team is playing, but I give priority to the DRM/Boltshot team because they have a stark advantage for long and close range but not midrange. To overcome this disadvantage the team with BRs and Pistols needs to change their classes to counter whatever the DMR team is doing. The problem with this scenario is that it's making the player have to choose a class he may not want to use because of specific reasons.

You could say that the person doesn't have skill because they can't adapt to DMR Boltshot play but my worry is that the DMR boltshot play is being largely favored over BRs and Pistols. Honest to god I can't kill people with my pistol because they usually beat me with DMRs and Boltshots and I would consider myself to be a pretty above average player in most situations.

Do you all see what I'm getting at? A gun shouldn't be favored over another at the start, they should all be equally powerful to one another. I'm almost always going to choose the DMR and boltshot so why bother even including the BR, pistol, AR, storm rifle, etc. if almost EVERYONE is using a DMR and boltshot.

The other unbalanced part in all this is that let's say that one team, which I'll call red team, is split between BR and DMR and I am on blue team using a DMR. For this to make sense let's say that everyone in the game is of equal skill. So I'm just running around the map looking for guys to kill, i come across a DMR guy and let's say i get the jump on him and out gun him, then I come across a BR guy and outgun him from a long range because i have the advantage, then I go down a tunnel and yet again there's a BR guy. HOWEVER this time he beats me because the BR is the better midrange gun and I am stuck with a DMR. This is where balance is crucial. In halo 2 and halo 3 EVERYONE had a fair advantage, barring any weapon pickups, no matter where you were because you started with the same weapon; therefore, it all came down to skill and not specific advantages I had with my BR over his. In halo 4 this is not the case, you could come across a guy with any combination of primary and secondary weapons and depending on the map and circumstances could be at a stark disadvantage from the start. Unbalance sir. I will call it that all day.

Its called weapons excel at different ranges what if u had picked up a dmr and some else picked up a br. Same thing may happen where u dropped on ur head as a baby

Thats cause its impossible

Its called weapons excel at different ranges what if u had picked up a dmr and some else picked up a br. Same thing may happen where u dropped on ur head as a baby

If I picked up a DMR and someone picked up a br that wouldn't be considered imbalance because you PICKED IT UP. Why can you not grasp this concept. On one level a game is balanced if the base player, note the word 'base', starts with the SAME exact weapons, ammo, and grenades. That makes gameplay a lot more fairer for everyone. You can say that the choice between weapons is balanced and this is true, but it doesn't necessarily lead to balanced interactions between 2 base players because of the drastic differences in the weapons.

I want to also note that balanced doesn't necessarily mean that gameplay is fair, such as one of Bungie's lead designers has said, "every fight in Halo is unfair" and he is right to a certain extent because of the variety of weapons within the game, but what he doesn't acknowledge is that every player started out with the same exact class. This weapon start counter acted the imbalance created by pickup weapons.

Also, personal attacks like, "same thing may happen where u dropped on ur head as a baby" need not be said in this thread. First, it makes you look childish and immature and second it doesn't give any legitimacy to your argument. So go troll someplace else.

• Like 1

Exactly. Skill is skill. I understand that this changes the playing field, but the fact that there are differences in this game don't make it more "noob" friendly. You have the same advantages, so how exactly are "pro" players losing? I'll tell you. They aren't. They might not go +20 in Matchmaking any more, but they are still winning.

That's not true.

There's a ton of aim assist to make is much easier to land shots, as well as personal power weapons for everyone through weapon drops.

Too noob friendly.

• Like 1

Here's a wikipedia definition for Overpowered for you too. This may shed light on the boltshot/DMR debate. "For something to be deemed overpowered, it is either the best choice in a disproportionate number of situations (marginalising other choices) and/or excessively hard to counter by the opponent compared to the effort required to use it."

• Like 1

Here's a wikipedia definition for Overpowered for you too. This may shed light on the boltshot/DMR debate. "For something to be deemed overpowered, it is either the best choice in a disproportionate number of situations (marginalising other choices) and/or excessively hard to counter by the opponent compared to the effort required to use it."

Its good up close why dont u just stay at a distance that way its not a problem. Youre the problem fix how u play.

Its good up close why dont u just stay at a distance that way its not a problem. Youre the problem fix how u play.

This is true for the Boltshot. As for the DMR however there really is no way around it, its a long range gun. The player has to run short distances so he is not killed within 5 seconds.

• Like 1

The effort to use the boltshot is almost nonexistent, anyone can really point and shoot the thing and get a kill. What takes effort is really only the timing, but the window of the charge is so big that its really easy to time it. At least in my experience it has been. Sure i could just stay at a distance but in maps like Adrift its near impossible to avoid the boltshot even with promethean vision. But that brings the other issue of forcing me to use a specific armour ability because of one secondary that is almost always preferred over the other secondaries.

• Like 1

If I picked up a DMR and someone picked up a br that wouldn't be considered imbalance because you PICKED IT UP. Why can you not grasp this concept. On one level a game is balanced if the base player, note the word 'base', starts with the SAME exact weapons, ammo, and grenades. That makes gameplay a lot more fairer for everyone. You can say that the choice between weapons is balanced and this is true, but it doesn't necessarily lead to balanced interactions between 2 base players because of the drastic differences in the weapons.

I want to also note that balanced doesn't necessarily mean that gameplay is fair, such as one of Bungie's lead designers has said, "every fight in Halo is unfair" and he is right to a certain extent because of the variety of weapons within the game, but what he doesn't acknowledge is that every player started out with the same exact class. This weapon start counter acted the imbalance created by pickup weapons.

Also, personal attacks like, "same thing may happen where u dropped on ur head as a baby" need not be said in this thread. First, it makes you look childish and immature and second it doesn't give any legitimacy to your argument. So go troll someplace else.

Im sorry for the personal attack i just strongly believe the games fin and wish it to continue this way instead if changing one thing and breaking another change in games is a bad thing and history will repeat itself

LMFAO really, have you ever left slayer??? I play objective games with my friends and we can all have a negative K/D but thanks to the useless K/D surrender monkey's we always win, why???? BECAUSE ITS CALLED AN OBJECTIVE GAME!!! lol sorry bout the caps.

Like above TEAM slayer has its name for a reason, just because you hide in your own base in Ragnarok with a sniper and pick off a few kills is not good!!! You fail to realise that if your team control the hill you keep making them spawn at their base rather than closer to the combat.... meaning.... the other team can get on top, oh but wait this is what the K/D surrender monkey needs as he cannot advance and needs the enemy to come to him!!!

Welcome to new Halo.. all these issues existed to some point in the last game but never in the same game breaking way.

LMFAO really, have you ever left slayer??? I play objective games with my friends and we can all have a negative K/D but thanks to the useless K/D surrender monkey's we always win, why???? BECAUSE ITS CALLED AN OBJECTIVE GAME!!! lol sorry bout the caps.

Like above TEAM slayer has its name for a reason, just because you hide in your own base in Ragnarok with a sniper and pick off a few kills is not good!!! You fail to realise that if your team control the hill you keep making them spawn at their base rather than closer to the combat.... meaning.... the other team can get on top, oh but wait this is what the K/D surrender monkey needs as he cannot advance and needs the enemy to come to him!!!

Welcome to new Halo.. all these issues existed to some point in the last game but never in the same game breaking way.

in order to get to your objective you have to kill the team your probably just bad at the game and take advantage of the instant respawn is why you can go super negative and win objective in other halo's its rare you'd go negative and win. game catering to bad kids. yawn

in order to get to your objective you have to kill the team your probably just bad at the game and take advantage of the instant respawn is why you can go super negative and win objective in other halo's its rare you'd go negative and win. game catering to bad kids. yawn

I am an ageing man at this stage, have played all the Halo series and done alright.

I did not say anything about super negative!! I said we have had games where we were all negative, instante respawn has nothing to do with it.. In CTF a team that focus on the flag can and will win with negative ratios. What I did say is its made easy for us by K/D surrender monkeys!! and by how churlish your response was I am guessing you may be one of these..

If players play for themselves and K/D in either team or objective games, then they will do ok for themselves but hurt their teammates, what this game should have done is given 1/5 the points for a loss as you get for a win, then players may work for the win. The lack of a ranking system is an issue that is killing this game and making it into a CoD game.