Erm... Why hasn't the Boltshot been nerfed yet?

MICKHEAD

Well I think the issue here is that you are basing whether a gun is OP or not strictly off of it's pure maximum damage output when in fact no gun does the same amount of damage and is balanced depending on the situation and gameplay mechanics. By that logic any gun in the game can be considered OP.

* The Boltshot has a high damage output but is limited by being useful in a very limited set of situations.

* The Shotgun has a medium damage output but has a larger set of viable situations because of it's ability to pump out multiple shots.

* The DMR doesn't have a massive damage output but is a viable choice in almost all situations.

The point is that the Boltshot is a starting weapon, and so it shouldn't even be comparable to the any of the shotguns. I the Boltshot was ordnance drop it would be compleatly fine.

Only one person so far has even tryed to elaborate on why they disagree with what I am saying. Thats quite pathetic to say the least.

I actually agree with the fact it is the automatic choice for a secondary on any map where vehicles aren't critical (though the plasma has a place in objective games). My own opinion is that the Boltshot is about right (though forcing it to be fired once charging starts, marginally decreasing OHK range or something else nominal I could live with).

I think the reason the Boltshot is so popular is because the magnum offers very little. If you're carrying a BR/DMR then a wannabe precision weapon has no place. If you're carrying an AR/Suppressor then the Magnum isn't good enough to be a viable ranged option.

As I see it:

> Plasma Pistols ability against vehicles, overshields gives them a clear point

> Boltshot provides a way to try and handle Shotgun, Sword or Hammer wielding foes

> Magnum - Should be 80-90% as good as the DMR/BR at medium range so I'd consider taking it as a backup to a fully auto weapon. You wouldn't want to get into a gunfight at range with it but it gives you a chance.

Plasma Pistol burst + melee = fast kill.

Magnum melee + headshot = fast kill.

If you miss a Boltshot charge, you're screwed against either of these due to the fast nature of melees and magnum bullets.

:clap: But, for the sake of the argument, whatever you say is correct!! :clap:

Good players tend not to miss very much. Also, childish closing statement, not that I didn't expect it.

Good players tend not to miss very much. Also, childish closing statement, not that I didn't expect it.

Who said I was closing? You're fighting a losing battle which seems irrevocably more childish than anything.

Also, better players seem to be able to counter petty problems, ergo, the Boltshot. Once again, adapt or die.

Who said I was closing? You're fighting a losing battle which seems irrevocably more childish than anything.

Also, better players seem to be able to counter petty problems, ergo, the Boltshot. Once again, adapt or die.

I meant that as in it was tacked onto the end of your post, and for no other reason than to patronise me and feed your ego. And you seem to acknowledge that the Boltshot is a problem at least. The people who keep saying "Adapt" are the same people who liked AR starts in Halo 3. So I'll tell you one more time, I HAVE adapted, and I do very well. Although when two good players from opposing teams engage in CQC they will both be charging thier boltshots (because the Boltshot is the best starting weapon for CQC). This leads to people trading kills over and over, its not neccessary, and there isn't much room for skill gap since only one shot is required and therefore consistant aim isn't a factor in who wins.

And then there was silence...

• Like 1

I meant that as in it was tacked onto the end of your post, and for no other reason than to patronise me and feed your ego. And you seem to acknowledge that the Boltshot is a problem at least. The people who keep saying "Adapt" are the same people who liked AR starts in Halo 3. So I'll tell you one more time, I HAVE adapted, and I do very well. Although when two good players from opposing teams engage in CQC they will both be charging thier boltshots (because the Boltshot is the best starting weapon for CQC). This leads to people trading kills over and over, its not neccessary, and there isn't much room for skill gap since only one shot is required and therefore consistant aim isn't a factor in who wins.

And then there was silence...

I digress; I'm doing the #1 thing that trolls want them to do. Feed them. You pose questions that 1. are inclined towards your personal opinions, and 2. will never result in anything positive, nor constructive. Enjoy your tasty +1 internet, troll, you deserve it.

tl;dr - The Boltshot is fine and 343i isn't going to fix it because only a microscopic percentage of their actual fan base is complaining about it.

No, it's not pathetic, I'm just sick and tired of explaining the same thing to new users who create an account on these forums merely to say the Boltshot is overpowered, that Halo 4 sucks, or that the DMR should be nerfed. This is probably the 5th complaint thread I've even bothered to post on among 50 others. Don't feel as if your complaint is special to its cause.

I would extrapolate on why the Boltshot isn't OP, but SweatyBagels is doing a swell job, and he's accurately countered each and every one of your points.

I look at it this way:

Secondary Weapons:

• Magnum - Good for headshots, medium-long distance, accuracy necessary.
  • Plasma Pistol - Good for breaking shields (with either single shot or charged shot), EMPing vehicles
  • Boltshot - Headshot capable, but with slower projectiles. Charged shot for shotgun-esque capabilities.

Each Secondary Weapon fills a niche. They are all equally balanced. They each have pros and cons in certain circumstances, maps, gametypes, etc.

Happy?

i have to agree burritos are better than tacos

• Like 2

I digress; I'm doing the #1 thing that trolls want them to do. Feed them. You pose questions that 1. are inclined towards your personal opinions, and 2. will never result in anything positive, nor constructive. Enjoy your tasty +1 internet, troll, you deserve it.

tl;dr - The Boltshot is fine and 343i isn't going to fix it because only a microscopic percentage of their actual fan base is complaining about it.

Since when where questions NOT inclined towords personal opinions? Your logic is baffling. You are acting like its my fault that you can't post anything positive or constructive in relation to what I am saying. You act like the "actual" fanbase has no gripes with the game and thinks it is perfect. Here is something for you, no game is ever pefect. I am sorry for complaining about flaws in the game. Why would I want my favorite game series to improve afterall? I must be a "troll".

The boltshot has a range equal to that of a shotgun or scattershot. The only time someone can get a kill past that distance is if it was aimed perfectly AND the enemy has a low shield. The boltshot can be counteracted by a good thruster pack or jet pack user. You can get them at the last second with a plasma grenade in dire situations. It takes 1.68 seconds worth of straight headshots with the dmr which is more than a second faster than it takes to charge the boltshot. . The boltshot is destroyed by both shotguns. The boltshot is only effective at short range. Mid-short range fire only takes out 1/3 of someones shields. the person will get killed in the process of charging the boltshot. also, it takes skill to dodge the boltshot and kill the user which apparently you cant do.

This can possibly be fixed by reducing its range to 3/4 of what it is or making the charge time to 4 seconds.

The boltshot has a range equal to that of a shotgun or scattershot. The only time someone can get a kill past that distance is if it was aimed perfectly AND the enemy has a low shield. The boltshot can be counteracted by a good thruster pack or jet pack user. You can get them at the last second with a plasma grenade in dire situations. It takes 3 seconds worth of straight headshots with the dmr to get a kill which is the same amount of time it takes to charge the boltshot. The boltshot is destroyed by both shotguns. The boltshot is only effective at short range. Mid-short range fire only takes out 1/3 of someones shields. the person will get killed in the process of charging the boltshot. also, it takes skill to dodge the boltshot and kill the user which apparently you cant do.

This can possibly be fixed by reducing its range to 3/4 of what it is or making the charge time to 4 seconds.

The Boltshot has a OHK range than both shotguns. Also, continue to play against bad players who miss all the time with the Boltshot. Because obviously you aren't good enough to be paired up with people who know how to use the Boltshot well, otherwise you'd see where I am coming from.

The Boltshot being OP comes down to this. If I have a shotgun, sword, scattershot and am coming after you, the fact that you automatically have a one hit kill weapon which can beat me and my sword or other CQ weapon is not fair. Players aren't stupid. They don't charge up and come after you until they for sure can hit you. Someone coming after me with a sword means nothing. It used to mean sprint the hell away, toss a grenade, pray it puts them to one shot and you can turn and shoot them. Now it's let me pop behind this corner real quick, charge my boltshot and kill him. I can't tell you how many triple kills I have gotten while having no shields thanks to the boltshot. It is a joke that anyone wouldn't use it as a secondary unless using an automatic weapon.

• Like 1

The Boltshot being OP comes down to this. If I have a shotgun, sword, scattershot and am coming after you, the fact that you automatically have a one hit kill weapon which can beat me and my sword or other CQ weapon is not fair. Players aren't stupid. They don't charge up and come after you until they for sure can hit you. Someone coming after me with a sword means nothing. It used to mean sprint the hell away, toss a grenade, pray it puts them to one shot and you can turn and shoot them. Now it's let me pop behind this corner real quick, charge my boltshot and kill him. I can't tell you how many triple kills I have gotten while having no shields thanks to the boltshot. It is a joke that anyone wouldn't use it as a secondary unless using an automatic weapon.

It's easy to beat someone with a boltshot using the sword, shotty, or scattershot. Just don't charge directly at them. Pop out at them from behind a corner. Jump down on them from a higher level of the map. The boltshot is useless if they don't have time to charge it.

The Boltshot has a OHK range than both shotguns. Also, continue to play against bad players who miss all the time with the Boltshot. Because obviously you aren't good enough to be paired up with people who know how to use the Boltshot well, otherwise you'd see where I am coming from.

lol, are you serious. The thruster pack is better than the jet pack in this regard but i still get killed from time to time using this method. my sticking abilites are near godly so that tactic is not much a problem for me. boltshot feels a little op but its meant to be played that way and i dont have any problems with the weapon. also, there isnt a skill ranking system so whoever i get paired up with is completely random. aside from that my clan doesnt use the boltshot during practice too often but when they do i normally out play everyone using it unless my proximity is too close. i have not met anyone better than me with the boltshot but i dont like using it too often unless its imparitive to my survival.

There's no skill ranking system making this comment invalid.

Sure you can Juke out boltshot users. You can jump, you can thrust, you can jet pack. They can still hit you though. The reason a lot of people think the boltshot isn't inbalanced is because bad players are the ones spamming the thing. (Normally). I ROFL stomp with this gun, because I can tell if I'm within killing range because of the radar. A good player will adapt to certain players playstyle. If a guy jukes me with a thruster and thrusts to the left every time, I will know to aim to the left.I guess the boltshot brings a juke battle into Halo 4, If you use thruster pack ( thankfully, I do). If not then, well, just hope the guy sucks.

Lmao... The bias and denial in this thread, never-mind the general community is astounding.

Boltshot is not OP...

*Requires good timing

*Makes loud sound when charging

*Realistic One-shot kill range is small (any long distances tend to take a perfect shot which is hard)

EDIT: And tbh... I have seen very few people using the boltshot in comparison to other loadout weapons. If I had to do the math I figure the Boltshot would account for a small amount (lets say 0.05%) of the times I have been killed.

...Good timing... Really? If you honestly believe that the boltshot requires any better timing than the railgun, you are a fool. And if you believe that the railgun requires good timing to use, then you are also a noob. It's practically an explosive sniper.

Perfect shot? Hard? You sir have either never actually used the boltshot, suck at using it, or use it so much that you're defending it because that long range shot you're talking about is not "hard." No. Doing such a shot with a SCATTERSHOT is hard. Because it's inconsistent. The three shots you fired at the same range as the last three will not inflict the same damage. Yet within that range, the boltshot, when aimed by a competent player and not a typical joystick mashing 10 year old will kill instantly. I'll note that yes, a moving target at this range is not a easy peasy shot, but it's certainly easier than snapshotting with a sniper at medium range, which many avid gamers here would agree is not extremely difficult either.

Loud noise? What kind of lame justification is that? This is Halo. Not COD. It's kinda hard to hear the sound of a boltshot charging when everyone firing BRs is tossing grenades around like its baseball practice. Also, not everyone has the luxury of good audio quality when they game. Especially those of you playing on a TV with only one working speaker or something.

And you're estimated "calculation" as to how many times you've been killed by a boltshot shows that you must play a lot of playlists that aren't infinity slayer. Big team, dominion, and most objective games are thankfully free of the over abuse of the boltshot.

However Infinity slayer might as well be called boltshot slayer. Or as angry kids have been calling it, "Bull$h1t slayer."

The fact that it has coined such a title is enough evidence that A LOT of people are upset about the boltshot

But you are correct in the sense that boltshotters are still the minority (though this is becoming less and less true as time goes on)

However I find it also interesting that those who tote the fact that it's not OP are also the minority where as hundreds upon hundreds of people are already sick of it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the reason boltshots haven't killed you too often is because you're the guy wielding the boltshot.

Frankly I don't know how this is even a debate.

Power wise: Boltshot > shotgun > scattershot

Range in retrospect to killing power: Boltshot > scattershot + shotgun

Fire rate: Scattershot > shotgun > boltshot

headshot capable: Boltshot

Can be spawned with via loadout: Boltshot

There is no justification. The gun is OP. All of you little babies trying to defend it have no grounds to stand on. So hypocritical for players to be told to "adapt" whilst the boltshot guy does the same thing... over.. and over.. and over forcing people either play on his terms, or just not kill him, which sucks in a 1v1.

The boltshot is not OP necessarily because of how many kills a guy can get with it. It's OP because it keeps the player alive with minimal effort.

EVERY SINGLE solitary time I see a player's K-D spread at the end of the match tower over everyone elses, it's because of the boltshot which I'll see right in there as their tool of destruction. They don't always have the most kills but they sure as hell have the least deaths. Most of the time, this guy is on MY team. I'm not often concerned if this guy is on the other team unless my team feeds him like lemmings off a cliff (which they often do.)

The easiest way to deal with a boltshot is to be just as cheap in the opposite way. Never confront him. Always shoot at him from a distance and if he runs like the little sissy he is (like they always do.) Then just let him go and reload your gun and find a new target. Let him waste his time waiting for you to appear on radar. Trying to rush him is often suicide because 8 times out of 10, this guy has become accustomed to the feel and timing of it. I mean geez, when I first picked it up, It took me only a night of playing to figure out the specific mechanics of it, when to hold, when to release and at what distance relative to radar.

I know how to use a boltshot like a boss. And I know how to combat it just as well. But unfortunately it doesn't matter how good you are, there will always be that corner that gave you no way of knowing whatsoever that there's a boltshot waiting for you around it. uncompromising ignorance can't be combat against when you aren't even given 5 milliseconds to react. The thing that makes this fair in the case of the shotgun is when you screw up and die you don't spawn with another shotgun and do it all over again now do you?

The boltshot only requires adept timing in dynamic situations. But as we all know, 90% of boltshot users go out of their way to avoid dynamic situations. On the contrary, the technique trend has literally become static. The Boltshot has become nothing more than a constant security. It is used the same way, in the same places, by the same people. None of you who have been killed by a boltshotter can deny that if he kills you once with it, you can expect 80% of the rest of his kills on you will also be boltshot. How can any of you look at the cheap pansy who sits in the base on construct all game, crouched into a corner with either camo or PV and a boltshot and call that skill; Competitive spirit or "Fair."

Seriously it's almost as cheap as hiding next to the katana with a bazooka in Conkers bad fur day. Every entrance is covered and accounted for. The only variable that can undermine your success is your own ability to consecutively execute the routine without screwing up. If you've been playing halo since 2 or at the very least the release of 3, then this isn't relatively difficult for you unless you're an genuinely competitive player seeking to hone and test your own abilities rather than exploiting unoriginal, non-impulsive "check mate" strategies that make you feel like your gun and your situational advantage doing more of the work than you are. This isn't a card game. This is an FPS.

There is literally nothing you can do. There is no higher altitude to drop in from, there is no angle of which to kill from a distance, and the single hit kill range of the boltshot exceeds both the shotgun and the scattershot. Also anyone who disputes that fact, feel free to go to your console and test it. It is confirmed. Not to mention that the scattershot is utterly inconsistent and therefore harbors a small percentage of luck in its successful use.

If I used a shotgun in a 1v1 against myself using a boltshot, the me with the boltshot would win. I know this because when I use the bolt shot, I'm practically immune to all close range attempts. With a follow up melee, even overshields tremble. With how much I have cherished halo for it's reputation of promoting skill as the primary factor, I took it upon myself recently to, (for my own personal sense of satisfaction) refrain from ever holding a boltshot in a matchmaking game. Why? Because I'd rather not contaminate my aim and innovative impulsivity with pre-canned strategies that rely majorly on situational ignorance.

There is nothing easier in the world than shooting a guy a few times to get his attention,

deliberately letting him take down your shields first,

run past a corner,

keep going to use his own radar to trick him,

crouch,

go back to corner when he expects you to be 20ft further ahead boom boltshot,

repeat in different spot and retreat on failed attempts.

People also have forgotten to take into consideration that the boltshot in addition to it's uber-shotgun power still retains long range capability? Yes it's weak but it still pops heads.

Also, why does it hold more charge than the plasma pistol? That makes no sense at all.

Frankly I think the boltshot should have been a kind of inverted plasma pistol.

Like rather than being an emp that shorts your shields (and vehicles)

It has a set amount of damage that can AT THE MOST wipe out the shields of an other wise normal, undamaged player.

Whereas the plasma pistol just kills your shields, this should do ACTUAL damage. So say I drop your shields down just a quarter with a dmr shot or a few boltshot shots and then blast you with a charged shot when i come in range and you die. That to me sounds fair because I'm not relying on a situational advantage, I'm relying on what an FPS is about: quick thinking. As the guy being approached by the boltshot I have a few options, the oppurtunity is present for me to foresee such an attack and decide to keep moving back instead foreward, eliminating his range as well as making his possibly bad timed weapon switch be his death. Another thing that should be noted is that aiming from a pre-planned position, knowing where your enemy is going to be and when, and a situation where you find yourself in close range combat with an unexpected enemy are two totally different things.

If the boltshot couldn't kill you if you were at full shields, then kids wouldn't camp around corners with it anymore than they do with plasma pistols (which we don't really see now do we?) On the contrary, they would be taking that boltshot out to the battle field, shooting a guy a few times then boltshotting him rather than plasma pistoling him and then headshot. THAT is balanced. THAT is fair. THAT requires some skill. Using the boltshot as it is now is like being that guy (we'll call him Steve.); that always spams that same cheap move/combo in a fighting game. Whether it be Scorpions almost inescapable combo, Kirby's Up + B move in super smash that could kill you in a hit when properly mastered, throwing someone off the edge in Soul Calibur etc. Sure no one beats Steve. But no one calls him "pro" either. Because they know why he wins. It's because they want to have fun, and he just wants to win.

They know that if they lowered themselves to the same strategy that it would result in nothing happening because every player is waiting for someone else to step into their situational advantage. No one would win until one of them finally gave in and attacked the other. And its obvious the "steve" in this situation is not going to be that guy.

I play halo to experience teamwork, quick thinking, dexterity and fair competition. If I wanted to play a game that revloves around situational superiority, I'd go play Starcraft, command and conquer, or chess/checkers, or a Trading card game Like Magic or Yu-gi-oh.

Ever wonder why Batman seems to be more popular than Superman. That's because Superman always succeeds by situations introduced by plot devices that just "somehow" make things right.

Batman deals with the reality of things and relies only on his own know how and abilities and skills.

My question to you people is which are you? The overpowered, overglorified self entitled Superman who was born with all implied superiority?

Or the typically mortal Bruce Wayne, bound by the same laws and tools as the feeble masses below and above him, surpassed only by his self developed abilities and impulsive reflexes as The Batman?

Batman says: Remember kids, only pansies need powers. They must lower themselves to the standards of mortals.

True knights rise above the mortals with the strength to carry their burdens.

PU$$Y A$$ B01T$H0TTERS

Now when you whip out your half arsed ad hoc excuses to the points I've raised, take that up with the hundreds of thousands of players who'd rather rely on precision rather than a corner and a 1 hit kill spread shot lol.

• Like 1

Lmao... The bias and denial in this thread, never-mind the general community is astounding.

Perhaps people actually believe that the Boltshot isn't Overpowered.

...Good timing... Really? If you honestly believe that the boltshot requires any better timing than the railgun, you are a fool. And if you believe that the railgun requires good timing to use, then you are also a noob. It's practically an explosive sniper.

I'm going to ignore this obvious attempt to try and connect two guns that function in entirely different ways, under entirely different circumstances, for entirely different purposes as a way to try and dispute my claim. The Boltshot is a compact CQB weapon while the Railgun is, as you said, and explosive sniper. Whereas the railgun doesn't require good timing because your shot doesn't have to be a direct hit and if you mess up you tend to be at a far enough range to take to cover and recharge your shields for another chance.

Perfect shot? Hard? You sir have either never actually used the boltshot, suck at using it, or use it so much that you're defending it because that long range shot you're talking about is not "hard." No. Doing such a shot with a SCATTERSHOT is hard. Because it's inconsistent. The three shots you fired at the same range as the last three will not inflict the same damage. Yet within that range, the boltshot, when aimed by a competent player and not a typical joystick mashing 10 year old will kill instantly. I'll note that yes, a moving target at this range is not a easy peasy shot, but it's certainly easier than snapshotting with a sniper at medium range, which many avid gamers here would agree is not extremely difficult either.

The Boltshot, while having a very high pure damage output, is a very situation dependent gun. You have to be close to the enemy to realistically get that one shot because, as you said, "a moving target at this range is not a easy peasy shot." You generally have to get the kill pretty quick lest your enemy escapes. You also don't really get a follow-up shot due to the cooldown feature plus the charging feature present after every shot.

Loud noise? What kind of lame justification is that? This is Halo. Not COD. It's kinda hard to hear the sound of a boltshot charging when everyone firing BRs is tossing grenades around like its baseball practice. Also, not everyone has the luxury of good audio quality when they game. Especially those of you playing on a TV with only one working speaker or something.

So loud noises are only allowed to be implemented in COD games. I'm not even sure what you are comparing the Boltshot noise to in COD.

And you're estimated "calculation" as to how many times you've been killed by a boltshot shows that you must play a lot of playlists that aren't infinity slayer. Big team, dominion, and most objective games are thankfully free of the over abuse of the boltshot.

However Infinity slayer might as well be called boltshot slayer. Or as angry kids have been calling it, "Bull$h1t slayer."

The fact that it has coined such a title is enough evidence that A LOT of people are upset about the boltshot

Nope, I play a considerable amount of Regicide which is considered on of the worst playlists for the Boltshot I believe. I've also got more than a few games of CTF and KoTH under my belt, which I've heard a considerable amount of complaints in due to the Boltshot's presence there.

But you are correct in the sense that boltshotters are still the minority (though this is becoming less and less true as time goes on)

However I find it also interesting that those who tote the fact that it's not OP are also the minority where as hundreds upon hundreds of people are already sick of it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the reason boltshots haven't killed you too often is because you're the guy wielding the boltshot.

So in a previous section of this post you said I probably suck at using the Boltshot which is why I don't think it's Overpowered... but here you say that you wouldn't be suprised if the reason I haven't been killed by Boltshots too often is because I am actually so incredible with it myself that my opponents can't even get near me without dying. Contradictory much.

Frankly I don't know how this is even a debate.

Power wise: Boltshot > shotgun > scattershot

Range in retrospect to killing power: Boltshot > scattershot + shotgun

Fire rate: Scattershot > shotgun > boltshot

headshot capable: Boltshot

Can be spawned with via loadout: Boltshot

Fire rate: You are correct but you fail to see this advantage in fire rate as clearly separating the two guns in efficiency. The Scattershot and Shotgun can make up for a missed shot or poorly placed shot while the Boltshot cannot. Before you say that one could just lurk and wait for an opponent to pass for the easy kill and effectively negating the fire rate argument, you must consider that a good player can do the same exact thing with a melee. Nobody is complaining about melee being overpowered.

There is no justification. The gun is OP. All of you little babies trying to defend it have no grounds to stand on. So hypocritical for players to be told to "adapt" whilst the boltshot guy does the same thing... over.. and over.. and over forcing people either play on his terms, or just not kill him, which sucks in a 1v1.

The Boltshot is actually a gun that requires the player to put themselves in a pinpoint situation to achieve the same dominating power that you claim any noob can have with it. I once heard somebody defining the word skill in FPS games. They said that skill is the ability to put yourself in a situation where you have the maximum possible chance of success. Try to adapt by putting yourself in a situation where you aren't likely to be killed by Boltshots. Don't let Boltshotters be able to put themselves in a situation where they can easily kill you. When you are in doubt toss grenades or don a Promethean Vision. Maybe try Thruster Pack boosting out of the way or Jetpacking to safety if the situation deems it possible. Or you could even try altering your Loadout with Mobility so that you can escape easier should you encounter someone with a Boltshot. (not a guaranteed counter but better than nothing)

Obviously your best counter is always going to be your skills and instincts. In time I bet they will adapt with you and you won't be having the same problems with the Boltshot that you are now.

The boltshot is not OP necessarily because of how many kills a guy can get with it. It's OP because it keeps the player alive with minimal effort.

EVERY SINGLE solitary time I see a player's K-D spread at the end of the match tower over everyone elses, it's because of the boltshot which I'll see right in there as their tool of destruction. They don't always have the most kills but they sure as hell have the least deaths. Most of the time, this guy is on MY team. I'm not often concerned if this guy is on the other team unless my team feeds him like lemmings off a cliff (which they often do.)

The easiest way to deal with a boltshot is to be just as cheap in the opposite way. Never confront him. Always shoot at him from a distance and if he runs like the little sissy he is (like they always do.) Then just let him go and reload your gun and find a new target. Let him waste his time waiting for you to appear on radar. Trying to rush him is often suicide because 8 times out of 10, this guy has become accustomed to the feel and timing of it. I mean geez, when I first picked it up, It took me only a night of playing to figure out the specific mechanics of it, when to hold, when to release and at what distance relative to radar.

I know how to use a boltshot like a boss. And I know how to combat it just as well. But unfortunately it doesn't matter how good you are, there will always be that corner that gave you no way of knowing whatsoever that there's a boltshot waiting for you around it. uncompromising ignorance can't be combat against when you aren't even given 5 milliseconds to react. The thing that makes this fair in the case of the shotgun is when you screw up and die you don't spawn with another shotgun and do it all over again now do you?

You are exactly right. I'm willing to bet the majority of players complaining about the Boltshot are probably the ones who would go running after them to their death. At least you seem to know what to do in that kind of situation.

• Like 3

I think that instead of the Boltshot being a OHK. It should instead damage shields and push the player you shoot away from you. They then could also make it so that you can jump and shoot it at the floor beneth you with the right timing for a higher jump. This would let it keep a niche whilst at the same time balace things out.

What I think people are failing to realise here is that when two people are using the Boltshot in a 1v1 scenario the game becomes less competitive and luck-based.

The boltshot should be made into a personal ordnance in infinity slayer that occurs twice as often as the other ordnance choices. This would mean that people would get there beloved boltshot if they can actually get enough kills. This would pretty much even out the weapon completely and there shouldn't be any more problems with the boltshot.

The boltshot should be made into a personal ordnance in infinity slayer that occurs twice as often as the other ordnance choices. This would mean that people would get there beloved boltshot if they can actually get enough kills. This would pretty much even out the weapon completely and there shouldn't be any more problems with the boltshot.

The Boltshot isn't nearly dominate enough of a weapon to be put into Personal Ordinance. It would never be chosen.

• Like 1

Boltshot needs to remain 1-shot kill. You may quibble over range, but if you take away the 1-shot kill you remove the purpose of the weapon. It will not work as a 1-shot + melee weapon because nothing does in Halo 4. Just because you may have made some Plasma Pistol Overcharge + Melee kills does not make it viable. You also can't make it shot + melee because the plasma pistol is already better at that. Your solution creates another problem, you have to get over being mad and think of what the game will look like if you get what you want.

They decreased the melee lunge considerably (A very good thing), and the melee lunge is the ONLY reason shot + melee weapons like that worked previously. Furthermore they let you see through walls.

The result is the only time you go for a boltshot user within its range is because you're acting against your better judgement. You KNOW he's got a boltshot, you KNOW that it's 1sk within that range, but you want to take a chance for that kill OR you are denied the choice by other players. You go in hoping he'll make a mistake.

The biggest reason you go is probably because you know he's one-shot. You're hoping you get get a headshot in before he drops you. If he weren't one-shot, you wouldn't go for it. He's only one-shot though because this game is forcing him to crouch and hide for at least 6 seconds while he waits for his shields to begin recharging. He doesn't want to be cornered any more than you want him to have a boltshot.

The fact is the boltshot is a unique weapon which overall I think is a good addition to the game. The problem you're having is one thing they did RIGHT with the game (Shortened melee lunge) and some things they did WRONG with the game (Made it so after every fight you're one-shot for six seconds, and designed the game to corner you constantly). I feel like I'm being hunted in Halo 4, because it's designed to play faster and deny you the time to think or breathe. I'm not the only one who feels this way, so those of us who do like to pack a weapon that we can rely on when we have no other choice.

They seem unrelated, but it's the type of gameplay 343 was trying to force by making everything just a bit more deadly. The boltshot is one of the few defenses you have against their mistakes. A boltshot that isn't 1sk is completely pointless, so it must keep that feature. You can argue for decreased range, but the other argument makes a worse game with one less weapon in it.

• Like 1