(Spoilers) Assuming the character concept stays the same, who will be Chief's AI in 5?

thatgrunthunt

Dude, that's actually brilliant. I mean seriously, that's brilliant. And I don't say that often!

Presumably in Halo 5 Chief will be looking for some way to turn the Prometheans back into humans - you know, digital bodies into physical bodies. Well, Cortana is an actual digitised human (made from a living brain, not a dead one) so maybe she could actually be transformed into a human being?

Well the Forerunners tried to turn AI Prometheans back into organic beings and failed miserably but who knows maybe Cortana will be the first success.

what i think:In spartan ops dr.halsey will be stolen by jul mdama and the storm. in halo 5 master chief will be trying to get dr.hasley so she can help him get back cortana. at the end of the campaign the didact will steal cortana leaving master chief alone. in early halo 6 dr.halsey will offer master chief a new a.i but he will not accept it or he will accept it but give it back to her after 1 or 2 mission. the new a.i will agree with master chiefs decision and thinks its for the best. the new a.i will stay as a primary character in the 6th halo game and maybe later on.

• Like 1

The next AI for MC will be the remnants of Guilty Spark as he speeds toward his destination of "finding the Librarian" (Halo - Primordium) which we now know will play a role in H5 from Spartan Ops.

Merely opinion of course but there are several factors which point to this IF in fact MC gains a new AI. I, for one, still believe Cortana will be back eventually but for H5, I believe it will be the flash of Guilty Spark which would undoubtedly help the MC:

1) Find the Librarian

2) Enlighten him on a load of Ancient Humanity/Forerunner/Flood information/Sites

3) I believe it would be enjoyable to listen to that banter

4) At his core, Guilty Spark is, in fact, a human and contains the Lord of Admirals geas, the "greatest enemy ever to face the Didact".

This is all, of course, debatable but this is just what I feel it will go toward.

• Like 1

The next AI for MC will be the remnants of Guilty Spark as he speeds toward his destination of "finding the Librarian" (Halo - Primordium) which we now know will play a role in H5 from Spartan Ops.

Merely opinion of course but there are several factors which point to this IF in fact MC gains a new AI. I, for one, still believe Cortana will be back eventually but for H5, I believe it will be the flash of Guilty Spark which would undoubtedly help the MC:

1) Find the Librarian

2) Enlighten him on a load of Ancient Humanity/Forerunner/Flood information/Sites

3) I believe it would be enjoyable to listen to that banter

4) At his core, Guilty Spark is, in fact, a human and contains the Lord of Admirals geas, the "greatest enemy ever to face the Didact".

This is all, of course, debatable but this is just what I feel it will go toward.

When you say Guilty Spark you mean Chakas because they are two different ancillas. Spark is a fragment of Chakas, which Chakas basically states in Primordium.

When you say Guilty Spark you mean Chakas because they are two different ancillas. Spark is a fragment of Chakas, which Chakas basically states in Primordium.

Yes, exactly, Chakas. But I would assume he would retain all his functionality/memory core/& knowledge as what he gained as Spark, in addition to his essence as Chakas. Regardless, yes, that is what I mean.

Im a VFX student but i dont play many games these days, I always make an exception for the halo series though, its what got me into gaming back when halo CE came out.

Im sure I remember reading about Bungie looking at the responses from players on the halo forums to use as constructive criticism, so if 343 industries is also scanning for feed back then heres my 2 cents.

bring back cortana, yes the story line worked perfectly in that it does give the saga so much more dynamism. people are now fully aware that MC is human and has feelings, and it made for a real greek tradgedy at the ending. but MC and cortana are a pair, they came onto the scene as a duo and it just wouldnt be right with out the two of them together.

any attempt at pairing MC with anything other than cortana would be a big kick in the nuts to all old school halo players, youve done a great job of keeping all the old fans in the loop on this story line. it would be a shame to see things take a completely differnt turn and loose touch with the fans that adored the franchise so dearly.

youve shown youve got what it takes to create another saga (which i thought would be very difficult) so dont waste that potential.

Well the Forerunners tried to turn AI Prometheans back into organic beings and failed miserably but who knows maybe Cortana will be the first success.

I don't think Corty can jump to the organic as the human process that created her didn't digitize halsies clone's brain but destroyed it as it did it's map through of her neural network, the forerunner process digitized the body but it doesn't take all the physical matter into storage. Corty is different because she was created from living tissue as opposed to the usual A.I proess of using dead tissue.

In the game she tells the chief that if she can get back to halsey they might be able to reinitialize her core matrix by repeating the process of her creation using another clone, possibly.

There is one possible way.

Clone halsey again then map corty's network onto the clones or grow it onto the clones network. She won't have access to all of what she had before but she will be organic.

I don't think Corty can jump to the organic as the human process that created her didn't digitize halsies clone's brain but destroyed it as it did it's map through of her neural network, the forerunner process digitized the body but it doesn't take all the physical matter into storage. Corty is different because she was created from living tissue as opposed to the usual A.I proess of using dead tissue.

In the game she tells the chief that if she can get back to halsey they might be able to reinitialize her core matrix by repeating the process of her creation using another clone, possibly.

There is one possible way.

Clone halsey again then map corty's network onto the clones or grow it onto the clones network. She won't have access to all of what she had before but she will be organic.

Did you consider that that might be the reason why they failed? The digitization of an entire organic being is heavy stuff to begin with. Perhaps they were failing because of that fact. Instead Cortana might be the first success because she did not follow the Forerunner process of becoming an AI to begin with.

Did you consider that that might be the reason why they failed? The digitization of an entire organic being is heavy stuff to begin with. Perhaps they were failing because of that fact. Instead Cortana might be the first success because she did not follow the Forerunner process of becoming an AI to begin with.

Mate, We're talking about a human technology that states when used destroys the target brain, they don't say digitize they specifically state destroy, it's not forerunner tech and the process is different. What about the Covenant A.I? they would follow similar lines to the forerunner. One thing people must understand with living cells is that they won't conform to how you want them to be whenever you want,

Hell we still have'nt found where is the subconscious mind yet or if there is a set of brain clocks or just one clock. The newest discovery we have in genetic engineering is pluripotent stem cells, which will herald in the age of actual testing of our own tissues without testing a drug or therapy on our own bodies.

Corty didn't start out as a living breathing human, she was generated from the neural map of a human. She states that she can be regenerated but there is no mention anywhere that she can be mapped onto a living brain, brain cells don't rearrange instantly, no cell does. Ok we have the forerunners storing persona's and memories deep within the cells but they have to be put there first. To take a leaf out of some sci-fi greats, grow a clone of halsey to baby stage with a neural i/o implant filament network throughout the developing brain and have her move into it influencing it's neural maps gradual growth until the thought patterns sync, it'a all about mirror and sync otherwise you are not going to get her persona and you won't get her knowledge base either unless a part of her remains based in the i/o implant to access external data. So the Q is will it be her in the flesh? or will it be just an extension of her A.I matrix and truly human, though why go through all this trouble when you can just have the i/o implant act as a go between. a Part of you is constantly recorded in real time and synced to your every thought process where you will not be able to tell the difference between what is digital and what is not.

What's funny is that our nerve cells set up a virtual field around themselves or says some bio engineers working with tissue and organ growths.

Mate, We're talking about a human technology that states when used destroys the target brain, they don't say digitize they specifically state destroy, it's not forerunner tech and the process is different. What about the Covenant A.I? they would follow similar lines to the forerunner. One thing people must understand with living cells is that they won't conform to how you want them to be whenever you want,

Hell we still have'nt found where is the subconscious mind yet or if there is a set of brain clocks or just one clock. The newest discovery we have in genetic engineering is pluripotent stem cells, which will herald in the age of actual testing of our own tissues without testing a drug or therapy on our own bodies.

Corty didn't start out as a living breathing human, she was generated from the neural map of a human. She states that she can be regenerated but there is no mention anywhere that she can be mapped onto a living brain, brain cells don't rearrange instantly, no cell does. Ok we have the forerunners storing persona's and memories deep within the cells but they have to be put there first. To take a leaf out of some sci-fi greats, grow a clone of halsey to baby stage with a neural i/o implant filament network throughout the developing brain and have her move into it influencing it's neural maps gradual growth until the thought patterns sync, it'a all about mirror and sync otherwise you are not going to get her persona and you won't get her knowledge base either unless a part of her remains based in the i/o implant to access external data. So the Q is will it be her in the flesh? or will it be just an extension of her A.I matrix and truly human, though why go through all this trouble when you can just have the i/o implant act as a go between. a Part of you is constantly recorded in real time and synced to your every thought process where you will not be able to tell the difference between what is digital and what is not.

What's funny is that our nerve cells set up a virtual field around themselves or says some bio engineers working with tissue and organ growths.

Umm dude I think you completely missed what I said in my post. I am well aware of the process the UNSC has for creating its AIs. Using human brain tissue they create a map which is then used to create a digital framework for said AI, the human tissue is destroyed in the process.

My point is that because the UNSC process is so completely different for create AI's that Cortana could end up being the first success. The Forerunners are turning living tissue into digital matter, not something that particularly computes unless you are from Tron. Cortana is pure digital information to begin with, which could solve the problem of turning digital information into an organic being.

I dont like having to re-explain myself again and again...

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that:

1. Most of the time in the first trilogy they were separated for various reasons.

2. Most other Spartans do not (and have not had in the past) AI counter-parts.

3. The cost of a Smart AI outweighs that of a fleet of normal ships.

4. The possible security risks of having a spartan in the field with an AI in their suit (i.e. captured AI).

5. The reason that John was paired with Cortana (going by in-game canon) was to prevent her capture by the covenant boarding parties aboard the Pillar of Autumn, and to disarm the bomb in Halo 2, and he simply didn't have much chance to return her to a safe location after both events for the rest of the games.

There is a chance that John Spartan 117 will not receive a replacement for Cortana.

To add to this story-wise they only been together like a total of 2 or 3 months.

This is why i have a problem with the story of 4 where there this tremendous emphasis on this two like they being together for years.