How will you use your loadouts!  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Weapons do you use? (Multiple Choice)

• Close Quaters Automatics, Full Auto is my Game!
    • Long range Precision, DMR is my best Pal!
    • Medium Range Precion, Carbine and Battle rifle does the job.
    • Side arms, I dish out kills with my Pistols!
    • I always go straight for the Ordinance, big guns are what i need.
  2. 2. What plasystyle do you tend to use most?

• I am a fronteer, I rush the enimies barrels blazing. (Alone)
    • I am defender, No word of a lie: i like to camp...
    • Stealth, I like to navigate the map nice n' slow. Picking off enimies.
    • I am a wingman, always with the pack, no one gets left behind.
    • Vehiclar, I love to splatter, gun down enemies, and transport my team.

Best Halo 4 Loadouts

Introduction:

What's up guys! I'm here to make a new post to help all of those out who are looking for the best possible loadouts for halo 4! Obviously there is not a 'Best loadout ever' because different loadouts are good at different things, and i am going to do my best to tell you what those are!

The Loadouts:

Name: 'Fronteer'

-

Primary Weapon: Carbine

Secondary Weapon: Plasma Pistol

Grenade: Plasma Grenade

Armour Ability: Regen Field

Tactical Package: Mobility

Support upgrade: Ammo

-

Description:

This class in incredibly useful in spartan ops. The carbine with the 'Ammo' Support upgrade provides massive amounts of ammunition and endless kills on infantry. Grunts, Jackals, Crawlers No problem... Elites, A Plasma pistol overcharge followed up by an accurate carbine round will finish any elite off easily. Plasma grenades provide an excellent backup. Especially when fighting Knights. Simply Plasma pistol overcharge on them, then stick them for an easy kill. The Regen field provides excellent space to hold up against large swarms of enemies.

On dominion this class also works amazingly. Mobility provides the ability to move around the maps seamlessly. If you encounter a single player, then you could easily sort them out with your carbine and plasma pistol combo. And that Regen field is great for holding up a position against multiple foes.

Name: 'Ranger'

-

Primary Weapon: Battle Rifle

Secondary Weapon: Assault Rifle

Armour Ability: Jet Pack

Tactical Package: Fire Power

Support upgrade: Dexterity

-

Description:

This class is amazing for any Free-for-all Gametypes. The battle rifle and assault rifle hold up for any battle situation. Plasmas are great for taking out foes quick or just keeping them out of the way. The jet pack provides an excellent way to navigate around the maps, into or out of battles. And especially on regicide, when you finish off an enemy you want to be ready to take on the next foe, dexterity provides good time to reload or change weapons quick.

Name: 'Grenadier'

-

Primary Weapon: Assault rifle

Secondary Weapon: Boltshot

Grenade: Frag Grenade

Armour Ability: Hologram

Tactical Package: Grenadier

Support upgrade: Explosives

-

Description:

This class works great for oddball and other team games where teams will be close together, this class is designed to break up team members so that your team or you can finish them off. The best thing to do with this class is find a group of enemies and throw all of your grenades in the kill or break them all up. Out of grenades? Don't worry, This class is designed to help out your team an earn quick points, not keep you alive, (Your K/D May go down using this) Anyway, once you are out of grenades, use your hologram to lure out stray foes and take them down with your AR or Boltshot. Stay close to your team with this class, seeing as it is support more than anything else.

Name: 'Harbinger'

-

Primary Weapon: Light Rifle

Grenade: Pulse grenades

Armour Ability: Promethean Vision

Tactical Package: AA Efficiency

Support upgrade: Awareness

-

Description:

This class is great for if you want to go lone wolf and pick of enemies. The light rifle zoomed in will only take 4 Well placed shots to kill a foe, compared to the BR and DMR's 5. However zoomed out, the Lightrifle takes 6 shots to kill, but note it's high rate of fire. The boltshot is great for picking off close enemies. Crouch and sneak around the map, using your Promethean vision to seek them out. If you get any tail gaiters or what to take out a group of enemies, your pulse grenade should sort that out nicely. Also keep in mind your AA Efficiency will give you the ability to use your Promethean vision very frequently so you can be aware of your surroundings. Great for Team Infinity Slayer or CTF

Name: 'Dispatcher'

-

Primary Weapon: DMR

Armour Ability: Active camouflage

Support upgrade: Wetworks

-

Description:

As the name suggests this class is most like an assassin. Designed for either waiting for foes to cross your path, or seeking out high value targets. The active camouflage provides an excellent shroud for enemies aware of your presence or foes careless enough not to check their radar. Because be aware that when you use Active camo, the radar becomes swarmed with multiple blue dots, telling enemies you are hiding nearby, so for most situations just try crouching. The wetwork package should also make it difficult for enemies to pick up your presence while you are not using camo, by making you almost invisible to Promethean vision and making you absolutely silent when moving around. Sadly, due to the wetworks package this class if difficult to obtain and hard to substitute. O recommend on the most skilled players to use this. The class is great for Regicide, Dominion, Big team battle, and Oddball.

Send in your own loadouts!

You've seen my loadouts, now tell me how i could make them better, or better yet send in your own and have them featured on this post!

How to submit your loadouts:

It couldn't be easier. Just send your message (Optional) And below, copy and paste the following text in your post and fill out the areas that say "[blank]" (Feel free to post as many as you like, And if it's good enough, i'll feature it on this post!)

Name: '[blank]'

-

Primary Weapon: [blank]

Secondary Weapon: [blank]

Grenade: [blank]

Armour Ability: [blank]

Tactical Package: [blank]

Support upgrade: [blank]

-

Description:

[blank]

Fan Loadout Submissions:

Featured Loadouts:

Name: The Wingman (By LiQuid BioniX)

-

Grenade: Frag

Armour Ability: Regeneration Field

-

Description: The BR, in my experience, takes shields down pretty well and I get lots of assists when using it. The plasma pistol also is good because it's a decent combo with the precision weapons, plus if I overcharge and take their shields down, but I still die, then they've got a very likely chance of getting the kill. The Regen Field is for the same thing, if I see one or more of my allies struggling or losing health, I'll throw a Regen Field down. This is also why I use the AA Efficiency, it lets me further support my team. Dexterity is just because, well, I like getting the quick reloads. It's just personal preference. Basically, I'm a pretty solid team player. I've got about 4500 kills and about 1500 assists, so a pretty solid ratio. Lots of people are hesitant because they think their K/D ratio will drop, but I'm still managing about a 1.5, so that's not true if you play smart.

Submitted loadouts:

Name: Guerrilla (By NAMUH38)

-

Secondary Weapon: Assault Rifle

Armour Ability: Thruster pack

Tactical Package: Firepower

Support Upgrade: Dexterity

-

Description: allows for a near seamless transition between various ranges. I've found thruster to be the ability that has the most versatility. whether it be short or long range, attacking or defending, chasing or retreating, combat or just map control.

Name: Doppelgänger: (By NAMUH38)

-

Grenade: Plasma

Tactical Package: AA efficiency

Support Package: Sensor

-

Description: here you would rely on the hologram for both offense and defense. you see where enemies are on the radar before they see you, and you can get a general idea of their direction of travel. use the hologram as a decoy and flank around, those seconds it fools the enemy are precious in halo 4.

-

duck around a corner and a lot of enemies will follow you. that second or 2 of time they can't see you, send a hologram out. either back toward the enemy, more often than not making them spin around to attack it and expose their back to you. or send it away from the enemy at a wider angle than you would be traveling along so they see the hologram first

Name: Pro Loadout (By sponge)

-

Secondary Weapon: BoltShot

-

Description: The Pro Loadout is what I think is a good loadout. The DMR does a little more damage than the BR because of the DMR has a one shot while the BR has a three round shot making the BR just a little less accurate. The BoltShot is like a shotgun in your pocket. Great for killing enemies when they go around corners. The frags are just frags. Mobility allows unlimited sprint. So getting to power weapons such as: Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle and Energy Sword. is much easier. Other people have to wait a few seconds before they can sprint again. Dexterity allows faster reload time, faster weapon switching. That is my loadout. Whats yours?

What Next?

Please don't hesitate to drop a like on my profile (: Feel free to check out the rest of my content, a please don't hesitate to add me on Xbox Live! I need lots of players for plays on my epic forge maps (: Thanks guys! You've been great!

• Like 7

For my primary load out I use

DMR

Magnum

Frag

PV

Resupply

Dexterity

On a side note, none of those play styles fit me at all. I'm a runner gunner but not a charger. I'll be that lone wolf that sees where the rest of the team is, and figures out a way to flank the opposing team to bring in the firepower from that WTF angle and load up the kills and assists. My shot and strafe are extremely lethal and I'm prolly a little above average with nades.

• Like 1

For my primary load out I use

DMR

Magnum

Frag

PV

Resupply

Dexterity

On a side note, none of those play styles fit me at all. I'm a runner gunner but not a charger. I'll be that lone wolf that sees where the rest of the team is, and figures out a way to flank the opposing team to bring in the firepower from that WTF angle and load up the kills and assists. My shot and strafe are extremely lethal and I'm prolly a little above average with nades.

Fair enough (: I see why you don't match many of these play styles. You could really help the page so feel free to submit your loadout in the correct format and i'll put it up (:

Fair enough (: I see why you don't match many of these play styles. You could really help the page so feel free to submit your loadout in the correct format and i'll put it up (:

This is really the only load out I use. I also have another where I simply switch the BR for the DMR lol

• Like 1

This is really the only load out I use. I also have another where I simply switch the BR for the DMR lol

Lol :D Okay! Sound good. But yeah, just let me know and I'll happily put up you loadout on the forum post. But if you wanna keep it personal then thats fine too (:

• 2 weeks later...

Name: The Wingman

-

-

Description: The BR, in my experience, takes shields down pretty well and I get lots of assists when using it. The plasma pistol also is good because it's a decent combo with the precision weapons, plus if I overcharge and take their shields down, but I still die, then they've got a very likely chance of getting the kill. The Regen Field is for the same thing, if I see one or more of my allies struggling or losing health, I'll throw a Regen Field down. This is also why I use the AA Efficiency, it lets me further support my team. Dexterity is just because, well, I like getting the quick reloads. It's just personal preference. Basically, I'm a pretty solid team player. I've got about 4500 kills and about 1500 assists, so a pretty solid ratio. Lots of people are hesitant because they think their K/D ratio will drop, but I'm still managing about a 1.5, so that's not true if you play smart.

Awesome post by the way! I love the idea of compiling the best loadouts form the community.

Name: The Wingman

-

-

Awesome post by the way! I love the idea of compiling the best loadouts form the community.

Wow! Awesome loadout! :D This is definitely going in the featured! Thanks for the post :)

I tend to use the DMR for the mid to long range ability, along with active camo, explosions and grenades for the other catagories.

I like to slowly play the map but use the grenade abilities so when i get caught in rough situations i can take down enemy players with me:)

on the other hand i like taking a couple others and using the vehicles on the large maps, if you have a couple others who know what they are doing while driving or shooting you can pretty much dominate a big team infinety slayer match as long as there are no tanks or mechs.

Im still new at all this though so im trying out as much stuff as i can, not a serious player but more into having fun and could care less about my K/D ratio as long as im having fun.

All my loud outs are the same besides the Primary weapon. They all have the Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Jetpack, Dexterity, and Infinite Sprint. I do a mix of everything. Do what I feel fits the situation the best whether it be stealth, lone gunner, or driving vehicles. With having the jet pack I can get pretty much anywhere, and the Plasma nades and Pistol allow me to take out vehicles and my precision rifle either being the BR, DRM, or Carbine lets me hit people at a decent range. I'll pick up an AR when possible to stop rushers.

All my loud outs are the same besides the Primary weapon. They all have the Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Jetpack, Dexterity, and Infinite Sprint. I do a mix of everything. Do what I feel fits the situation the best whether it be stealth, lone gunner, or driving vehicles. With having the jet pack I can get pretty much anywhere, and the Plasma nades and Pistol allow me to take out vehicles and my precision rifle either being the BR, DRM, or Carbine lets me hit people at a decent range. I'll pick up an AR when possible to stop rushers.

Well if i could honestly recommend something, it would be to have a better verity in your loadouts ;) At the moment you seem like your loadouts would struggle in a lot of gametypes. Having no variation is a very dangerous move.

I go with a sorta hated load out I call it:

THE KILL STEALER

Sniper rifle

Boltshot

Frag

Active camo

Firepower

Dexterity

I say don't hate the player hate the game because I hang back in active camo while my team beats the **** out of the enemy then I tap in with a killshot

I get about 60 kills per game with this so I say it's worth it :P

I also do have a team player load out but it's to good to share openly I'll share in pm if you want me to

I think your missing a jumper class for your forum posts to

I go with a sorta hated load out I call it:

THE KILL STEALER

Sniper rifle

Boltshot

Frag

Active camo

Firepower

Dexterity

I say don't hate the player hate the game because I hang back in active camo while my team beats the **** out of the enemy then I tap in with a killshot

I get about 60 kills per game with this so I say it's worth it :P

I also do have a team player load out but it's to good to share openly I'll share in pm if you want me to

I think your missing a jumper class for your forum posts to

Well :/ You do realize you can't have a sniper rifle as your primary, not to mention Firepower forces you to have to primary weapons, and on what game types can you physically reach 60 kills!? I'm starting to feel that you are not being entirely realistic or truthful with me ;)

Lol. I got a new one.

Primary DMR

Secondary Boltshot

Grenade Frag

Ability Promeathean Vision

Perk Mobility

Extra Dexterity

Lol. Do work.

Sorry buddy, you didn't fill out all the information :S

guerrilla:

dmr

assault rifle

frag

thruster pack

firepower

dexterity

allows for a near seamless transition between various ranges. I've found thruster to be the ability that has the most versatility. whether it be short or long range, attacking or defending, chasing or retreating, combat or just map control.

doppelgänger:

dmr

boltshot

plasma

hologram

aa efficiency

sensor

here you would rely on the hologram for both offense and defense. you see where enemies are on the radar before they see you, and you can get a general idea of their direction of travel. use the hologram as a decoy and flank around, those seconds it fools the enemy are precious in halo 4.

duck around a corner and a lot of enemies will follow you. that second or 2 of time they can't see you, send a hologram out. either back toward the enemy, more often than not making them spin around to attack it and expose their back to you. or send it away from the enemy at a wider angle than you would be traveling along so they see the hologram first

guerrilla:

dmr

assault rifle

frag

thruster pack

firepower

dexterity

allows for a near seamless transition between various ranges. I've found thruster to be the ability that has the most versatility. whether it be short or long range, attacking or defending, chasing or retreating, combat or just map control.

doppelgänger:

dmr

boltshot

plasma

hologram

aa efficiency

sensor

here you would rely on the hologram for both offense and defense. you see where enemies are on the radar before they see you, and you can get a general idea of their direction of travel. use the hologram as a decoy and flank around, those seconds it fools the enemy are precious in halo 4.

Nice ones :D A really well justified set of loadouts! Thanks. They are going straight on the Post.

DRIVER/MANTIS:

Primary: DMR (Irrelevant)

Secondary: Plasma Pistol (Irrelevant)

Grenades: Plasma (Irrelevant)

AA: Thruster Pack (Irrelevant)

Tactical Package: Wheelman

Support Upgrade: Sensor

MANTIS (alternate)

Support Upgrade: Gunner

BTB

Primary: DMR

Secondary: Plasma Pistol

Grenades: Plasma

AA: Jet Pack or Regen Field, depending on the map

Support Upgrade: Ammo

Mid-range (Smaller maps)

Secondary: Boltshot

Grenades: Frag

AA: Promethean Vision

Tactical Package: Resupply

Support Package: Stealth

air strike:

assault rifle

plasma pistol

plasma grenades

aa efficiency

explosives

this is mostly used for taking out vehicles. the jetpack lets you get that extra height outta your jump to clear a warthog. not to mention it's importance for taking out or jacking wraiths. plasma freezes vehicles allowing for an easy stick. depending on the vehicle they get one or both plasmas. and the bigger blast radius of explosives, I find, yields better results for vehicles that can carry multiple passengers. also due to the fact that jacking the vehicle is sometimes the best option, explosives allows you to survive more grenades while your drivin

Name: Pro Loadout

Secondary Weapon: BoltShot

Description: The Pro Loadout is what I think is a good loadout. The DMR does a little more damage than the BR because of the DMR has a one shot while the BR has a three round shot making the BR just a little less accurate. The BoltShot is like a shotgun in your pocket. Great for killing enemies when they go around corners. The frags are just frags. Mobility allows unlimited sprint. So getting to power weapons such as: Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle and Energy Sword. is much easier. Other people have to wait a few seconds before they can sprint again. Dexterity allows faster reload time, faster weapon switching. That is my loadout. Whats yours?

(I'm aware that you already told us.)

((:P))

DRIVER/MANTIS:

Primary: DMR (Irrelevant)

Secondary: Plasma Pistol (Irrelevant)

Grenades: Plasma (Irrelevant)

AA: Thruster Pack (Irrelevant)

Tactical Package: Wheelman

Support Upgrade: Sensor

MANTIS (alternate)

Support Upgrade: Gunner

BTB

Secondary: Plasma Pistol

Grenades: Plasma

AA: Jet Pack or Regen Field, depending on the map

Support Upgrade: Ammo

Mid-range (Smaller maps)

Secondary: Boltshot

Grenades: Frag

AA: Promethean Vision

Support Package: Stealth

Nice :D Do you think you could include a description? If you do i'll put 'em up :D

air strike:

assault rifle

plasma pistol

plasma grenades

aa efficiency

explosives

this is mostly used for taking out vehicles. the jetpack lets you get that extra height outta your jump to clear a warthog. not to mention it's importance for taking out or jacking wraiths. plasma freezes vehicles allowing for an easy stick. depending on the vehicle they get one or both plasmas. and the bigger blast radius of explosives, I find, yields better results for vehicles that can carry multiple passengers. also due to the fact that jacking the vehicle is sometimes the best option, explosives allows you to survive more grenades while your drivin

Awesome, Do you think you could format it correctly? Thanks!

DRIVE/MANTIS and MANTIS alternate:

Vehicle loadouts are focused almost entirely on Support Upgrades and Tactical Packages because those are the only two things you benefit from whilst in a vehicle. Occasionally you include an AA that helps you defend or acquire a vehicle (Like a jet pack might help you get a to a high point faster to get a banshee on Exile or Longbow), or one that helps you kill vehicles (hardlight shields deflect tank shells), but generally you want good Support Upgrades and Tactical packages.

So for most vehicles the Wheelman Tactical Package is indispensible. Any loadout that intends to use vehicles other than a mongoose should include Wheelman. EMPS are just too deadly to every vehicle on the field. That's why the DRIVE/MANTIS and MANTIS loadouts include them. That slot is non-negotiable whether you're driving a hog, piloting a banshee, operating a tank or Mantis, or just zipping around in a ghost.

The Support Upgrade is where you are allowed to differentiate yourself. You have two primary optinons, Sensor which increases the range of your motion tracker or Gunner which allows you to fire chainguns for longer periods of time before overheating (about 133-150% total time). For vehicles without chainguns the choice is obvious: You want Sensor.

You will only use Gunner in a vehicle with a chaingun, which includes Chaingun Warthogs and the Mantis. It is NOT the best choice without question though. Mantises in particular can benefit greatly from the improved motion tracker range which keeps them from getting flanked as easily. You probably want to use Sensor when you are running alone and can't rely on your team as much to watch your back, but when you CAN rely on your team to cover you then you want Gunner because it's the only thing that increases chaingun firepower. Remember any vehicle that gets flanked is as good as dead, so you either need your team behind your or you need a better motion tracker that will let you know when you're getting too far behind enemy lines.

BTB

In BTB you want a reliable rifle you can count on at any range, you need to be prepared for vehicular combat, and you need to be mobile because the maps are much bigger.

The DMR is the obivous choice for the rifle, although if you intend to hang back behind your team consider the lightrifle instead.

While a boltshot can do some serious damage to a ghost up close, if you're that close to a ghost you're probably hanging from its fender, so leave that pistol in your locker. Bring a Plasma Pistol instead into BTB, the magnum is a solid sidearm but won't stop a tank from vaporizing you.

Frag and Pulse Grenades don't stick to anything that moves, and vehicles all move pretty fast, so bring Plasma Grenades to make sure you can do more than just stop vehicles with your Plasma Pistol. You may love fragging players, but in BTB you can go a whole game without any players getting within range of those frags. I bet those vehicles get close enough though, especially if you keep EMPing them with your Plasma Pistol.

You need to be mobile in BTB, making Mobility a must-have Tactical Package for any soldier who does his killing on foot. Don't leave the base without it.

Many of your kills in BTB happen at very long ranges, and a lot of the time you are shooting for the assist not even the kill. You can't go running across the field every time you need ammo, so pack extra with the Ammo Support upgrade!

What AA you bring into BTB will depend on your preferences, play-style, and controller settings. Keep in mind that if you don't move fast where you need to go you could get instantly slaughtered by a Gauss Hog, a Scorpion Tank, 3 varieties of sniper rifle, and even a banshee! You can't afford to spend time in the open. A jet pack can save your life when you need to get into Bravo on Exile or duck off the Hill on Ragnarok. It's situational, but you'll be glad you brought it. Another problem you run into in BTB is that the "open" is just too damn dangerous! If so, you might find yourself bunkered down in one location for awhile, peaking out to DMR an enemy when you can. In these situations you'll need some staying power, and nothing like a Regen Field behind your rock of choice will let you get your rest and get back in the action as quickly as possible. Don't forget that Ammo upgrade which will keep you from running out of things to do.

Other Armor Abilities may do the trick for you, in that case make sure you use them well in ways your enemies don't expect.

Mid-Range

Smaller maps mean a lot of gun combat, and a lot of opportunities to prove yourself 1v1 against each enemy on the field.

At the moment the most versatile rifle in the game is the DMR. Versatility is key when you're on smaller maps, because people are closer means you get spotted and fight more often at whatever range you get spotted at. In BTB you can run for cover against long-range DMRs, but in small maps you often don't have the choice to run away. Thankfully the DMR lets you engage your enemy at any range. This may change, the important thing is to have the most versatile mid-range rifle available.

When people get too close you want them to back off, so pack a boltshot for close encounters. Once people die 2-3 times to boltshot, they think twice about charging. This lets you control the range at which you fight, which is important to winning at any range.

Speaking of the boltshot, don't get surprised by this pistol. Surprise is a thing of the past. Halo 4 Spartans don't get surprised, they just get mad. They can see through walls and they know what gun you're using because they use Promethean Vision.

Speaking of Promethean Vision, don't let anyone use your own weapons against you, that's just embarrasing. Put on the Stealth Support Upgrade and see if you can surprise some Halo 4 Spartans. If you haven't unlocked it yet, I recommend the Explosives upgrade. Grenades are important, and you want yours to be as good as possible while denying your enemy the same advantage.

While a Pro might use Plasma grenades to bounce them off of each other, I'm no Pro. Frag Grenades are very effective in a variety of encounters and most importantly they can hit someone who you can't see yet. Get good at bouncing these guys around and you'll find a lot of fights get a lot easier.

Speaking of Grenades, don't run out of those things! Pack the Resupply Tactical Package so your grenade button doesn't stop working. You need to kill people to get their grenades (or loot other people's kills), and with enough grenades you are going to kill a lot of people.

Enjoy playing the game with this loadout, it's versatile and all its buttons keep doing things as the game continues, which isn't true for every loadout.

DRIVE/MANTIS and MANTIS alternate:

Vehicle loadouts are focused almost entirely on Support Upgrades and Tactical Packages because those are the only two things you benefit from whilst in a vehicle. Occasionally you include an AA that helps you defend or acquire a vehicle (Like a jet pack might help you get a to a high point faster to get a banshee on Exile or Longbow), or one that helps you kill vehicles (hardlight shields deflect tank shells), but generally you want good Support Upgrades and Tactical packages.

So for most vehicles the Wheelman Tactical Package is indispensible. Any loadout that intends to use vehicles other than a mongoose should include Wheelman. EMPS are just too deadly to every vehicle on the field. That's why the DRIVE/MANTIS and MANTIS loadouts include them. That slot is non-negotiable whether you're driving a hog, piloting a banshee, operating a tank or Mantis, or just zipping around in a ghost.

The Support Upgrade is where you are allowed to differentiate yourself. You have two primary optinons, Sensor which increases the range of your motion tracker or Gunner which allows you to fire chainguns for longer periods of time before overheating (about 133-150% total time). For vehicles without chainguns the choice is obvious: You want Sensor.

You will only use Gunner in a vehicle with a chaingun, which includes Chaingun Warthogs and the Mantis. It is NOT the best choice without question though. Mantises in particular can benefit greatly from the improved motion tracker range which keeps them from getting flanked as easily. You probably want to use Sensor when you are running alone and can't rely on your team as much to watch your back, but when you CAN rely on your team to cover you then you want Gunner because it's the only thing that increases chaingun firepower. Remember any vehicle that gets flanked is as good as dead, so you either need your team behind your or you need a better motion tracker that will let you know when you're getting too far behind enemy lines.

BTB

In BTB you want a reliable rifle you can count on at any range, you need to be prepared for vehicular combat, and you need to be mobile because the maps are much bigger.

The DMR is the obivous choice for the rifle, although if you intend to hang back behind your team consider the lightrifle instead.

While a boltshot can do some serious damage to a ghost up close, if you're that close to a ghost you're probably hanging from its fender, so leave that pistol in your locker. Bring a Plasma Pistol instead into BTB, the magnum is a solid sidearm but won't stop a tank from vaporizing you.

Frag and Pulse Grenades don't stick to anything that moves, and vehicles all move pretty fast, so bring Plasma Grenades to make sure you can do more than just stop vehicles with your Plasma Pistol. You may love fragging players, but in BTB you can go a whole game without any players getting within range of those frags. I bet those vehicles get close enough though, especially if you keep EMPing them with your Plasma Pistol.

You need to be mobile in BTB, making Mobility a must-have Tactical Package for any soldier who does his killing on foot. Don't leave the base without it.

Many of your kills in BTB happen at very long ranges, and a lot of the time you are shooting for the assist not even the kill. You can't go running across the field every time you need ammo, so pack extra with the Ammo Support upgrade!

What AA you bring into BTB will depend on your preferences, play-style, and controller settings. Keep in mind that if you don't move fast where you need to go you could get instantly slaughtered by a Gauss Hog, a Scorpion Tank, 3 varieties of sniper rifle, and even a banshee! You can't afford to spend time in the open. A jet pack can save your life when you need to get into Bravo on Exile or duck off the Hill on Ragnarok. It's situational, but you'll be glad you brought it. Another problem you run into in BTB is that the "open" is just too damn dangerous! If so, you might find yourself bunkered down in one location for awhile, peaking out to DMR an enemy when you can. In these situations you'll need some staying power, and nothing like a Regen Field behind your rock of choice will let you get your rest and get back in the action as quickly as possible. Don't forget that Ammo upgrade which will keep you from running out of things to do.

Other Armor Abilities may do the trick for you, in that case make sure you use them well in ways your enemies don't expect.

Mid-Range

Smaller maps mean a lot of gun combat, and a lot of opportunities to prove yourself 1v1 against each enemy on the field.

At the moment the most versatile rifle in the game is the DMR. Versatility is key when you're on smaller maps, because people are closer means you get spotted and fight more often at whatever range you get spotted at. In BTB you can run for cover against long-range DMRs, but in small maps you often don't have the choice to run away. Thankfully the DMR lets you engage your enemy at any range. This may change, the important thing is to have the most versatile mid-range rifle available.

When people get too close you want them to back off, so pack a boltshot for close encounters. Once people die 2-3 times to boltshot, they think twice about charging. This lets you control the range at which you fight, which is important to winning at any range.

Speaking of the boltshot, don't get surprised by this pistol. Surprise is a thing of the past. Halo 4 Spartans don't get surprised, they just get mad. They can see through walls and they know what gun you're using because they use Promethean Vision.

Speaking of Promethean Vision, don't let anyone use your own weapons against you, that's just embarrasing. Put on the Stealth Support Upgrade and see if you can surprise some Halo 4 Spartans. If you haven't unlocked it yet, I recommend the Explosives upgrade. Grenades are important, and you want yours to be as good as possible while denying your enemy the same advantage.

While a Pro might use Plasma grenades to bounce them off of each other, I'm no Pro. Frag Grenades are very effective in a variety of encounters and most importantly they can hit someone who you can't see yet. Get good at bouncing these guys around and you'll find a lot of fights get a lot easier.

Speaking of Grenades, don't run out of those things! Pack the Resupply Tactical Package so your grenade button doesn't stop working. You need to kill people to get their grenades (or loot other people's kills), and with enough grenades you are going to kill a lot of people.

Enjoy playing the game with this loadout, it's versatile and all its buttons keep doing things as the game continues, which isn't true for every loadout.

Those are really nice loadouts, if you could put them into the correct format i will be happy to put them up on the post (:

Name: The Bomber

Primary Weapon: Supressor

Armour Ability: Hardlight Shield

Support Upgrade: Grenadier

Description:

As many players tend to be grenade happy, I wanted to create a loadout where grenades would be the primary force. Find a group of enemies and throw all of your grenades. Dont mind getting close, your hardlight shield and grenadier upgrade should provide you safety from enemy fire, grenades and actually even your own grenades sometimes. Should they survive, finish them with the Supressor and just resupply yourself with more grenades. Enemy has Overshield or you just want to weaken him? Use charged plasma pistol. Its great for killing a group of enemies especially in tight quarters, can deal good with campers and atleast for me very fun to use. Ideal for any team based modes.

I love see so many different playing styles from so many players...here's my personal whcih I believe suits my play style.

Name: 'Fool me Once..'

-

Primary Weapon: Assault rifle

Secondary Weapon: Handgun

-

Description:

Assault rifle my FAV weapon to use personally. Enemies bunched up together battling it out I send my hologram

into the mix, confuse them, spray them down with my assault rifle followed by a helpful grenade everybody go bye bye :). Use my Hologram to set up my opponent for a "Nasty" assassination. Shoot hologram in one direction enemy follows it I sneak up from behind (Mobility helps with this) and assassinate.... usually by the time they realize it's a hologram I am already behind them getting the assassination. Hologram as defense.... 1 v 1 me and opponent in a gun fight I can use my hologram as a temp shield,decoy and go around holo and light up my opponent or an elbow, So many uses for the hologram I love it. Dexterity for me helps out ALOT for the quick reload with assault rifle and the handgun I know there are better weapons to use but it gives me enough range for MY game style to get some distance shots.

General- Dmr Boltshot jetpack resupply dexterity/stability nuff said, used to use shielding til I realized how amazing resupply is.

Infinity slayer-same as general but with ordnance priority and maybe requisition

Btb- light rifle Boltshot camo/thrust/jetpack mobility ammo