Connected an A2DP bluetooth receiver to PC with bluetooth dongle

Tommy

I really need help on this one! I've been looking for a couple weeks on a solution and none of them worked!

I have purchased 2 different audio receivers and really want them to work on my PC

I have one called I-WAVE and the other one is some chinese thing :P

Anyways, I bought a dongle to use for my computer so I could connect these and I have no luck, please someone help!

PS: They connect perfectly on my phone and tablet.

Thanks again!

What type of wired connection is supplied with the units, and could you please give me a link to the actual product? From there I can most certaintly help you brony.

http://shop.brando.com/I-WAVE-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver-For-iPad-iPhone_p7123c299d57.html

No wires given at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-Stereo-Audio-Receiver-for-iPod-iPhone-MP3-MP4-PC-Music-Player-/130692120262?pt=US_USB_Bluetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item1e6ddb7ec6

Mini usb cord for charging. I've tried plugging that in to my PC but it doesn't even show up saying I inserted anything.

I also just have a basic Bluetooth Dongle.

Well I can only assume that by PC you mean you tried getting it to work with a desktop. If that is the case, you need a bluetooth receiver or bluetooth card to enable that functionality with e desktop. No wireless card today, that i know of has bluetooth bundled with it.

But on the other hand, most laptops DO have bluetooth functionality bundled with it. I suggest you try to test the setup with a freind or family members laptop to ensure the product does indeed work, before you go out and buy an actual bluetooth adapter.

I did however notice that the product does have a nice 35mm jack. You could connect that to the desktop speakers, and pump the sound thru it that way. This way you cut out the middleman altogether.

Well I can only assume that by PC you mean you tried getting it to work with a desktop. If that is the case, you need a bluetooth receiver or bluetooth card to enable that functionality with e desktop. No wireless card today, that i know of has bluetooth bundled with it.

But on the other hand, most laptops DO have bluetooth functionality bundled with it. I suggest you try to test the setup with a freind or family members laptop to ensure the product does indeed work, before you go out and buy an actual bluetooth adapter.

I did however notice that the product does have a nice 35mm jack. You could connect that to the desktop speakers, and pump the sound thru it that way. This way you cut out the middleman altogether.

I do mean desktop but I have a dongle for it to use the bluetooth and it will connect to all my phones and tablets but not the speakers. Are there any drivers?

The dongle was one of the links right? If so, that is your problem. the dongle is just a middleman. it relays the signal from bluetooth capable - bluetooth capable devices. Without a cord or physical connection to the desktop, there is no way for the dongle or any other device to connect or talk to bluetooth devices. That is why it works on a tablet and pohone...both have bluetooth built in.

The dongle was one of the links right? If so, that is your problem. the dongle is just a middleman. it relays the signal from bluetooth capable - bluetooth capable devices. Without a cord or physical connection to the desktop, there is no way for the dongle or any other device to connect or talk to bluetooth devices.

I didn't post the dongle, sorry.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Bluetooth-Ver-2-0-Dongle-Wireless-Adapter-for-Blue-Tooth-Accessories-Devices-/390505441958?pt=US_USB_Bluetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item5aebf02aa6

Not the exact one but similar.

Ok then yes, you need the drivers. I am assuming they didn't come with it so you will need to do this....

1. Go into "Device Manager" and try to locate the attached hardware. This might have a "?" next to it, or not at all, forcing you to locate it by going thru all connected ports on the USB controller.

2. Once you find the thing, go into it's properties view, and select to update the driver.

3. Choose the method of selecting a driver spcifically from a list the PC has on file. I forget exactly what steps and it depends on your OS. Either way, you want to select the driver manually.

4. Once you get to the driver list, you are looking for 'Microsoft Common Control for Windows Class" This driver is used by the 360 wireless receiver as the one that comes with the product doesn't work. Chances are, since the dongle is basically a receiver, that this driver will work for you.