Which Halo would you say has the hardest campaign?

O-Bot_Monty

Most difficult campaign so far...  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which (assume solo legendary) campaign have you found the hardest?

• Halo CE
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • ODST
    • Reach
    • Halo 4

• 3 months later...

Working on Halo 2 Legendary. Breezed through it on Co-op. Jackal Snipers were no problem whatsoever. But Solo? I'm still stuck in the opening level against one of the docking pod rooms with Elites pouring out. (Upper level turrets I can't use) Little to no ammo, and I can't skip them. Now THAT has me raging.

• 6 months later...

Well, let's be fair, to all casual gamers, all Legendary Halo Campaigns are pretty tough. All Legendary Any Game Campaigns are pretty tough.

Now we all know Halo 2 is the hardest. No escape, no breaks, heavily dependent on luck despite skill in tight situations.

Combat evolved, yeah I guess it's hard but once you get the infinite ammo skull, it's peanuts. The frags do everything.

Haven't played Halo 3 but from what I hear, it's moderate.

Halo Reach is a campaign I absolutely love. I still think Noble 6 is more badass than the chief. But it's fairly easy. There are so many ways to skip levels on Reach that it's hilarious. Actually scratch fairly, it's very easy. All you had to do was die here and there and keep pushing until you do the right thing. It was so easy I finished it on LASO, so it really isn't that difficult.

Halo 3: ODST, again, another campaign I loved, harder than Reach, but simple as well. It just takes some dying here and there and persistence and survival instinct and skill to complete it. The last few missions I found pretty f*ckin tough. Spent so long on Coastal Highway because I accidentally threw away my Turret Warthog so when the drones came out of the blast doors, I didn't have enough firepower so VRGL kept dying over and over and over. 40 times I believe before I got through it. But other than that pretty straightforward. Pretty easy.

Halo 4 is dead easy. Not going to lie, I loved the campaign, but it was so easy I vomited.

Halo Wars I have not completed, but according to what I hear, it is just long AF.

So my verdict is:

Halo 2
Halo CE

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Halo: ODST

Halo: Reach

Halo Four.

Well, let's be fair, to all casual gamers, all Legendary Halo Campaigns are pretty tough. All Legendary Any Game Campaigns are pretty tough.

Now we all know Halo 2 is the hardest. No escape, no breaks, heavily dependent on luck despite skill in tight situations.

Combat evolved, yeah I guess it's hard but once you get the infinite ammo skull, it's peanuts. The frags do everything.

I consider myself a casual gamer, but only CE and 2 are tough for me.

I don't think Halo 2 is the hardest, mainly because they took the hardest parts of CE and made them easier to deal with. Those being health and weapons disappearing quickly with the bodies (so the game can run smoother). Combat Evolved doesn't have skulls. Infinite ammo and exploding grunts don't exist in that game that is just Combat Evolved anniversary.

Edited by WonderWombat

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...