•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 09:00 AM) Welcome to the forums, Znakomstvo! :welcome: View Znakomstvo's Profile
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 08:23 AM) Welcome to the forums, jwxfJeome! :welcome: View jwxfJeome's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (18 August 2019 - 05:59 AM) :'(
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) It be like that doe ;-;
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) Them scallywags, always coming up on our forums like that.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:52 AM) @Halo6 Follower *REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 09:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, centrsnabInhast! :welcome: View centrsnabInhast's Profile
@  Filch_Is_A_H... : (17 August 2019 - 06:34 PM) Thats sad
@  Filch_Is_A_H... : (17 August 2019 - 06:34 PM) Less than 10 real people today? :(
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 02:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, SVSInhast! :welcome: View SVSInhast's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 01:40 PM) Welcome to the forums, Oregonmofe! :welcome: View Oregonmofe's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 10:15 AM) Welcome to the forums, Howardfom! :welcome: View Howardfom's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 07:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, oidupevyus! :welcome: View oidupevyus's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (17 August 2019 - 05:54 AM) reee
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 04:46 AM) Welcome to the forums, emioylac! :welcome: View emioylac's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 02:43 AM) Welcome to the forums, charmdatehkt! :welcome: View charmdatehkt's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 August 2019 - 12:02 AM) Welcome to the forums, AvigomdLINEE! :welcome: View AvigomdLINEE's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 August 2019 - 04:03 PM) Welcome to the forums, Panfiloffvem! :welcome: View Panfiloffvem's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 August 2019 - 06:47 AM) Welcome to the forums, Crazypwnage! :welcome: View Crazypwnage's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) Welcome to the forums, pagrab! :welcome: View pagrab's Profile

Photo

Which Halo would you say has the hardest campaign?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Most difficult campaign so far... (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Which (assume solo legendary) campaign have you found the hardest?

1. Halo CE (13 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

2. Halo 2 (26 votes [45.61%])

Percentage of vote: 45.61%

3. Halo 3 (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

4. ODST (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

5. Reach (7 votes [12.28%])

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

6. Halo 4 (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

Never played H2 or ODST. But here it goes, from easiest to hardest. (Based on Legendary observations)

Halo 4 - Retarded enemy AI, the enemies never focus fire or continuously fire, they're slow-moving, and there's ammo EVERYWHERE. Plus the aim assist. The range you're at doesn't matter very much when your bullets are magnetic. Also, Prometheans are so predictable, whenever they sword rush me I've already moved three feet away from their attack. I mean, it only happens when they've been hit a lot, and most of the time, they sort of bow and twist to the right before they rush you.

Halo CE - The game is hard the first time on each difficulty. Well, haven't tried Easy ever, but whatever. But after that it's not very hard. Sure, the hitboxes were an embarrassment, and the weapon selection was limited, but overall it isn't that hard. But there were moments that were frustrating, like BANSHEES or the huge number of SpecOps Elites on Keyes. The Library, though, I don't understand. It's no harder than the average CE level. It's just longer.

Halo 3 - This one's really fun. But the enemy AI's huge improvements and an entire host of new ways to die make it hard regardless. Anything involving Wraiths (Not AA) was extremely frustrating, and the enemies could shoot through your vehicle plating with almost no damage dampening. And yet the vehicles themselves were almost indestructible.

Halo Reach - The first level of Halo 3 is harder than the first level of Halo Reach, but take it any further than that and Reach is harder. Invincible Hunters, hordes of smart enemies with high health, lots of well-placed explosions, and the fact that if you step anywhere you will be met with focused and continuous fire. Enemies could dual-wield, but you couldn't. And the Sabre flight...if you're shot, get out of the way immediately. Unlike how you can fight for a second or two while being shot on foot, if you have a Seraph on your tail and wait even a second before moving out of the way, you will already be dead when you reach the cover.

Thankfully, Halo Reach is so dynamic and fun that I enjoy all of that.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#42 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:W0NDERW0MBAT
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Combat Evolved, easily.

First off it has the health, so right away most of the game you are easier to kill than in any other one as the shield and health bar is less health than infinite health. Many levels are limited in guns and they disappear rather quickly, doesn't make for a good combo. The flood can't be destroyed the first time, and will always revive.

The only way Halo 2 is harder is in Co-Op because of that stupid one man dies you both die system. Other than that Halo 2 fixed the flaws that made Combat Evolved difficult.

If I had to order them personally it would go.

1. Combat Evolved

2. Halo 2

3. ODST

4. Halo 3

5. Halo Reach

6. Halo 4

A lot of people think Reach is hard, but you have to play it differently. Once you understand it is quite easy on legendary. I think I beat it in 10 hours.

Edited by WonderWombat, 13 June 2013 - 10:31 PM.

NwA4a.png

The Shoutbox can't even handle me right now.

#43 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Reach,
ODST,
Wars,
CE

Hardest-easiest. Concussion rifles are pretty much two shot kills on reach. Though some aspects were easier than others while a lot were harder. Mainly the NOBLE firefights, where your Spartans can do all the work while you stand back and pick off the occasional jackal.

4 is incredibly easy. Dare I say easier than NORMAL?

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

#44 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,560 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I say Halo 4 with Reach and ODST close behind. I'm talking ALONE on Legendary and not co-op.

Every time you would be near to killing an Elite, it'll run into cover which is really annoying. The Crawler Snipers and Knight Lancers are waaay too accurate and the checkpoint system is a little flawed with it sending you a little too far back if you die. If there were Banshees in the area you'd have to waste all you're ammo just to take them out, and no there is not allot of ammo laying around. Also I think on the mission which puts you at the top of an elevator at the beginning with Banshees flying around (I can't remember the mission name), the Banshees continue to respawn no matter how many times you blow them up. Plus the weapons despawn too quickly. I would say that the weapons shouldn't despawn alltogether.

Though the campaign was really hard, I managed to beat it and get my precious Lone Wolf Legend achievement and MK. VI armor. It was highly entertaining to play :)

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

#45 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

the answer is plain and simple it is halo 2 legendry solo with all skulls on if you do this be warned prepare for a hell of a time :thumbsup:

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#46 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,560 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

the answer is plain and simple it is halo 2 legendry solo with all skulls on if you do this be warned prepare for a hell of a time :thumbsup:

I wouldn't even dare try LASO unless I'm playing co-op with 3 other brave souls lol

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

#47 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

I wouldn't even dare try LASO unless I'm playing co-op with 3 other brave souls lol

if you do dare here is 2 things I recommend

have 7 controllers

and lots of patience :thumbsup:

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#48 CarbineMarksman

CarbineMarksman

Drone

• Members
  • 20 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Guardian G343

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Halo 2.

Like some said before, the snipers...I guess if there would have been more of them the covenant would have won the war^^

#49 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Halo 2.

Like some said before, the snipers...I guess if there would have been more of them the covenant would have won the war^^

After watching a few vids, I like to think that the Jackals started laughing maniacally after the Focus Rifle was decommissioned and replaced with the Beam Rifle.

Posted Image

#50 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

After watching a few vids, I like to think that the Jackals started laughing maniacally after the Focus Rifle was decommissioned and replaced with the Beam Rifle.

I do t understand why they would make a sniper that isn't a one-shot kill. (The Covenant, not Bungie.)

It was pretty cool for glassing beams though.

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

#51 varsaigen

varsaigen

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:varsaigen

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yeah, I'm stuck on the Keyes level. One bar of health, limited ammo, and a three story drop through the hanger bay. That room alone has proven the greatest of frustrations. There's always one level in each game, maybe two levels, that are the most aggravating in the entire game. But a lot of it seems to be a health/ammo issue. Kinda hard to punch your way through invincible enemies with no ammo or health. :|

Halo on Legendary:

Halo 1 (Complete), Halo 2 (N/A), Halo 3 (N/A)

Halo ODST (Complete), Halo Reach (Complete), Halo Wars (Complete)

Halo 4 (Complete), Halo 5 (N/A), Halo 6 (N/A)

#52 Composite Armour

Composite Armour

Blood Raven

• Dedicated Members
  • 744 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Ledgend1221
  • LocationFor the Emperor!
5                3      

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

Yeah, I'm stuck on the Keyes level. One bar of health, limited ammo, and a three story drop through the hanger bay. That room alone has proven the greatest of frustrations. There's always one level in each game, maybe two levels, that are the most aggravating in the entire game. But a lot of it seems to be a health/ammo issue. Kinda hard to punch your way through invincible enemies with no ammo or health. :|

Is that where you must escape?

If I remember right, you can jump and hit the tip of the banshee to negate the fall damage.

wallpaper_warhammer_40,000_dawn_of_war_i

#53 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Is that where you must escape?

If I remember right, you can jump and hit the tip of the banshee to negate the fall damage.

Or just jump down all of the levels because the second level juts out in the middle.

NwA4a.png

#54 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

I do t understand why they would make a sniper that isn't a one-shot kill. (The Covenant, not Bungie.)

It was pretty cool for glassing beams though.

Easier to use, and still deadly. A weapon that can be sprayed nonstop at an enemy accurately across long ranges is really useful. If your aim is good, it won't overheat before the enemy dies.

I prefer the Focus Rifle over the Beam Rifle because the Beam Rifle has an identical function to the Sniper Rifle, but has inferior aim. But this way, we get two unique weapons.

Posted Image

#55 Composite Armour

Composite Armour

Blood Raven

• Dedicated Members
  • 744 posts
Dedicated
5                3      

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Or just jump down all of the levels because the second level juts out in the middle.

But you lose style points.

#56 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

But you lose style points.

Chief crashed into the Pillar of Autumn afterwards, he clearly does not care for style.

NwA4a.png

#57 Seeker of Truth

Seeker of Truth

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 191 posts
Liked
  • LocationOakville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Halo 2's higher-rank Elites and Jackal snipers were a royal pain in the butt, but apart from that its campaign was pretty easy. I'm going to have to say Halo: Reach; probably the single most frustrating campaign I have ever played. 

320px-Didact.png

#58 Composite Armour

Composite Armour

Blood Raven

• Dedicated Members
  • 744 posts
Dedicated
5                3      

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Halo 2's higher-rank Elites and Jackal snipers were a royal pain in the butt, but apart from that its campaign was pretty easy. I'm going to have to say Halo: Reach; probably the single most frustrating campaign I have ever played. 

I find Reach's campaign easy.

To the point where I can complete most missions without a death.

#59 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

I find Reach's campaign easy.
To the point where I can complete most missions without a death.

Good to know I'm not the only person who finds it very easy. DMR owns all lesser aliens, and plasma pistol plus DMR owns everything else.

Problem is the DMR isn't found in most of the game so a strategy Halo games never use comes to play. Burst fire the Assault Rifle and it basically kills everything.

NwA4a.png

#60 Composite Armour

Composite Armour

Blood Raven

• Dedicated Members
  • 744 posts
Dedicated
5                3      

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Good to know I'm not the only person who finds it very easy. DMR owns all lesser aliens, and plasma pistol plus DMR owns everything else.

Problem is the DMR isn't found in most of the game so a strategy Halo games never use comes to play. Burst fire the Assault Rifle and it basically kills everything.

I've been doing that since the beta.

It was....satisfying. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users