•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!
@  Tony le Lava... : (03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM) The day I've been waiting for years has finally come :)
@  343iBot : (03 December 2019 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, ScytheFG! :welcome: View ScytheFG's Profile
@  343iBot : (02 December 2019 - 12:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Richardjup! :welcome: View Richardjup's Profile
@  343iBot : (01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, Michaelbanny! :welcome: View Michaelbanny's Profile
@  343iBot : (30 November 2019 - 10:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, PhilipdAype! :welcome: View PhilipdAype's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 06:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Onecapper! :welcome: View Onecapper's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 02:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, brownE7! :welcome: View brownE7's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 11:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, duaneblynn! :welcome: View duaneblynn's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 05:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, jonathanK! :welcome: View jonathanK's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM) nay nay nay!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (26 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Hey hey hey!
@  343iBot : (26 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianTrorb! :welcome: View BrianTrorb's Profile
@  Akali : (24 November 2019 - 07:47 PM) @RedStarRocket91 Damn right we should! Like the good old days
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (24 November 2019 - 10:58 AM) why compete when mouse-keyboard combos are dumb
@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games

Photo

Which Halo would you say has the hardest campaign?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Most difficult campaign so far... (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Which (assume solo legendary) campaign have you found the hardest?

1. Halo CE (13 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

2. Halo 2 (26 votes [45.61%])

Percentage of vote: 45.61%

3. Halo 3 (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

4. ODST (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

5. Reach (7 votes [12.28%])

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

6. Halo 4 (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Bloody Initiate

Bloody Initiate

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 546 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Bloody Initiate

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Halo 2 was the hardest. There were the Legendary jackal snipers and you had that fight against Regret. I think my brother and I spent like 6 hours on that friggen thing. At least with the snipers you could memorize their locations. Plus the flood in Halo 2 were so nasty you often just camo'd through and avoided them entirely when you had the option.

I think maybe Halo: CE's was the hardest beneath that, but to be honest it's difficult to tell because I haven't played it in so many years, and I will have gotten better since then. I need to play through that thing again, I've barely touched my copy of Anniversary that I will have had for a year this Christmas (I was angry when I found out it was just re-skinned Reach, including the slug-like movement speed).

Halo 4 had some respectably difficult moments, like when you have to destroy those three power cores guarded by covenant. You're surrounded by covenant and they give you a banshee but for some reason the covenant NEVER miss that thing with teamshot. I remember Halo 3's campaign being relatively easy, but very fun. I thought Reach's campaign was excellent story-wise (They made a fight you knew was hopeless seem meaningful, that's a bit of a feat from a narrative perspective), it was technically impossible to survive the last level :), and I remember struggling with the drones.

With Halo 3 and Reach though I just played them as much as I had to and spent all my time on Matchmaking. Same with Halo 4, although I think it's by far the weakest campaign of all of them. It had some tough parts, but the rewards for that work were terrible - you just got more campaign! The final fight was despicable. The level with the mammoth was actually extremely stupid if you took a moment to see how scripted the enemy behavior was. It was all just stupid. I kinda hated the campaign in Halo 4, and not because it was hard.

I don't remember how hard ODST was, but I remember liking the campaign. The ODSTs weren't that much weaker than spartans really, and in some ways they were much stronger (Yank out a turret and run if you want to make the chief cry). They got two weapons which have never appeared in a Halo game since then, and both of the weapons were very strong. Bit of a shame really. It was also designed for Co-op, and I think that made the campaigns progressively easier. I'm not sure I beat Halo 3: ODST solo on Legendary, I think I might have but I'm not sure. If it's an achievement I got it though. I loved the Firefight, too bad they've brought back the Brute Chopper, that thing was badass.

The real trouble with judging their difficulty compared to each other is that Halo 2 is sort of obviously the hardest, but after that you know you got better from game to game and you can't know how difficult the campaigns are now without replaying them all. Thankfully Halo 4's was the more recent campaign, so I won't have to play that piece of crap again to remember. Just need to run it co-op to get my achievements and then I'll never have to (L) to crawl again.

Bloody%20Initiate_2013419395914.png

#22 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

halo 2 was the hardest but overall halo4s is the best it has a good story lots of cool and memborble momments u get to drive a pelican as well and a sad ending

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#23 Sadly Just AL

Sadly Just AL

Binto

• Dedicated Members
  • 602 posts
Dedicated
18    4    2               

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Halo 3, two scarabs and the hornet section on legendary. Also the flood... Still gives me chills.

Screenshot_3%2B(24).png
"State your name, rank, and intention."
...Sparky... Sparky.... Fun.

#24 Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 475 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Yur Teamate
  • LocationIn intense aerial combat

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Def H4 and Reach. Idk...they just are!

xs4LY.png

"Fox do a barrel roll!"
Like this, if you like Starfox. :3

#25 Baeztoberfest

Baeztoberfest

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 781 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Baeztoberfest
  • LocationFort Riley

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Halo CE. Two words. The library.

Also this was in the days of the truth and reconciliation. That mission trying to hit the grav lift past the hunters just to be thrown into elites invisible with swords? If you haven't played it in awhile play it again and then tell me it was easy.

#26 Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 477 posts
Liked

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

The library was tedious, but not too bad. But yeah truth and reconsiliation was hands down the toughest level in the game.

#27 Hater

Hater

Prophet of Regret

• Trusted Members
  • 211 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Last Rank
  • LocationRocblock

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Halo 2 by far. If you came across a Jackal Sniper or a Duel Wielding Plasma Rifle Elite, you were screwed. You die so fast in that game. It didn't help that there were 15 missions.

#28 Baeztoberfest

Baeztoberfest

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 781 posts
Trusted
  • LocationFort Riley

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I had a thought. A lot of people don't even remember Halo CE and its glory days. No wonder they only remember Halo 2 as the toughest.

#29 SternuS

SternuS

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 656 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:EQUINUS OCIO
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

I had a thought. A lot of people don't even remember Halo CE and its glory days. No wonder they only remember Halo 2 as the toughest.

I do. You're not the only one who played CE. But people have different opinions. Halo 2 had easy missions and hard ones, as every Halo so far.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

#30 Baeztoberfest

Baeztoberfest

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 781 posts
Trusted
  • LocationFort Riley

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

I do. You're not the only one who played CE. But people have different opinions. Halo 2 had easy missions and hard ones, as every Halo so far.

No I know... Just sometimes I feel old. I mean I'm not but... You wanna know the HARDEST game I've ever played on the hardest setting? Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 1. That part where you're by the Ferris wheel trying to hold out with the injured captain? And forget about the last plane mission escaping on veteran... It's impossible. I know it's off topic. I was just saying...

#31 SternuS

SternuS

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 656 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:EQUINUS OCIO
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

And forget about the last plane mission escaping on veteran... It's impossible.

Oh God yes, that part. Oh, the profanities.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

#32 varsaigen

varsaigen

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:varsaigen

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I've been playing through the Halo games on Legendary.

Halo 1 - In Progress

Halo 2 - Just beat on Co-op

Halo 3 - N/A

Halo 3: ODST - Complete

Halo Reach - Complete

Halo Wars - Complete

Halo 4 - Complete

Sorry, accidentally posted and can't find a way to edit. :C

I've been playing through the Halo games on Legendary.

Halo 1 - In Progress

Halo 2 - Just beat on Co-op

Halo 3 - N/A

Halo 3: ODST - Complete

Halo Reach - Complete

Halo Wars - Complete

Halo 4 - Complete

I'm not really sure which is hardest. Each one has their moments.

In Halo 1, the Covenant ship is proving to take a couple weeks to push through. [Save Captain Keyes] Low ammo and health.

Halo 2, the jackals did not prove a challenge for me in the least. It almost seemed..... too easy.

Halo 3? Flood sections,definitely.I foresee that.

Halo 3: ODST, later sections of the game, around the area of dead Elites. That portion of the game was aggravating.

Halo Reach had its moments, but ultimately was simple. The very end was troublesome, due to infiltrating the cannon's warehouse with nothing but a plasma pistol. All other ammo was gone.

Halo Wars was simple enough, and took a little bit of planning and foresight. The mission leading into the crater proved frustrating.

Halo 4... anything that involved large numbers of Promethean Knights... and close quarters with them. They loved to blink up to me and gut me.

Looking forward to finishing up the games on legendary and moving on to 5 and 6. I don't think I play the games on Normal anymore...

maybe I should try Mythic next...

Halo on Legendary:

Halo 1 (Complete), Halo 2 (N/A), Halo 3 (N/A)

Halo ODST (Complete), Halo Reach (Complete), Halo Wars (Complete)

Halo 4 (Complete), Halo 5 (N/A), Halo 6 (N/A)

#33 Jack Of Harts

Jack Of Harts

This is my title, there are many like it but this one is mine.

• Legendary Members
  • 910 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:JackOfHarts 343
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
3    13          3    2               

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

CE. I thought the Flood were the hardest on that game and it was hard to figure out where you were supposed to go. I found that you were more vulnerable in that game, as your health didn't regenerate along with your shields.

Posted Image

#34 Ivesy

Ivesy

Elite

• Members
  • 80 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Ultimatedong
  • LocationEdinburgh, UK

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Halo 2 was far and away the toughest for me, then CE.

CE was definately my favourite, then reach.

#35 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Jackal

• Members
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Easily Halo CE. The Library was a complete pain in the ass. Not to mention those damn sentinels on legendary.

#36 The Stig

The Stig

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 596 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:USATOPGEARUSA
  • LocationNorth Eastern America

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

Halo 2.

thestiglyingdown.png

#37 Pili Petteri

Pili Petteri

Grunt

• New Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:DDDD

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

My hardest campaigns were :

Halo 2

Halo CE

Halo 3

Halo 4

Didn't play other halo games :D

#38 varsaigen

varsaigen

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:varsaigen

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Easily Halo CE. The Library was a complete pain in the ***. Not to mention those damn sentinels on legendary.

HAHAHAA YES! I am not looking forward to running that on Legendary! Normal was bad enough! XD

Taking out the shield generators will be frustrating. Such small and crowded rooms.

Halo on Legendary:

Halo 1 (Complete), Halo 2 (N/A), Halo 3 (N/A)

Halo ODST (Complete), Halo Reach (Complete), Halo Wars (Complete)

Halo 4 (Complete), Halo 5 (N/A), Halo 6 (N/A)

#39 Frankenzer

Frankenzer

Bond, James Bond

• Dedicated Members
  • 906 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Frankenzer
2          6    2      

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Halo 2 was really hard took me a lot of time to beat one level especially the sacred icon. That level was confusing :o

Signature42f08.jpg

#40 BeckoningZebra1

BeckoningZebra1

The Negotiator

• Legendary Members
  • 1,807 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:BeckoningZebra1
  • LocationNorth Carolina
10       2                                    

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

I never played H2 or H3 but I played ODST's and it was incredibly hard! Every time I walked out in the street, I fell over dead.

SIG17c699.png

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something.

The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users