Which Halo would you say has the hardest campaign?

O-Bot_Monty

Most difficult campaign so far...  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which (assume solo legendary) campaign have you found the hardest?

• Halo CE
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • ODST
    • Reach
    • Halo 4

Halo 2 by far took me the longest to beat. The snipers on Legendary were so freaking accurate. If you didn't know where they exactly were, the moment you popped your head out you were dead. Was hard but, the grunt birthday and sputnick skull together made it hard but, very funny.

• Like 3

I just started my H2 campaign again because it has been too long for me to give an honest assessment. I also play my Legendary with Mythic so at the time I posted this, Reach was ghastly. I still think Reach trumps 2 because of the raw number of zealots you encounter over and over. All the games have hicup areas on Legendary but as a whole, I still think Reach is the roughest Legendary campaign.

I'm obviously going on solo/legendary here. For me it's:

Halo 2

Halo CE

Halo 3

Reach

Halo 4

Can't really remember much about the ODST one.

Halo 4 was awesome, but pretty easy I thought.

I agree that halo 4 is way easy i normaly play halo on Heroic mostly and it is hard but halo 4 on heroic is like normal! But i like it :D

CE still has it for me. H2 was a bit tricky at first due to a few different mechanics (like me actually playing it on a 360 instead of the old school XBOX) but once that was over with I found it to be much easier than CE. Duel wielded needlers was way OP and the snipers werent too much of a problem for me.

Reach was nasty at points but if you took your time and stayed back instead of charging in the campaign was fairly easy as well.

H4 was actually rougher on my on Legendary than H2 because of the Knights and Watchers. Those Watchers would fly around a corner where I couldnt get to them and recharge then spawn more crawlers just to make my day worse. And the Knights would just warp away after I burn 3/4 of a mag just to try and get their shields down. They hide and I have to do it all over again.

In my opinion (solo, huh? well, i've played them much more in co-op, but maybe if i dig up a little more in my memory...)

Halo 2

Halo 4

CE

ODST

Reach

Halo 3

I've put Halo 4 right before CE just because the "wonderful" frequency of disappearing weapons...i mean, what the hell, they disappear 12 seconds right after they've hit the ground...

Halo 2 was the hardest. There were the Legendary jackal snipers and you had that fight against Regret. I think my brother and I spent like 6 hours on that friggen thing. At least with the snipers you could memorize their locations. Plus the flood in Halo 2 were so nasty you often just camo'd through and avoided them entirely when you had the option.

I think maybe Halo: CE's was the hardest beneath that, but to be honest it's difficult to tell because I haven't played it in so many years, and I will have gotten better since then. I need to play through that thing again, I've barely touched my copy of Anniversary that I will have had for a year this Christmas (I was angry when I found out it was just re-skinned Reach, including the slug-like movement speed).

Halo 4 had some respectably difficult moments, like when you have to destroy those three power cores guarded by covenant. You're surrounded by covenant and they give you a banshee but for some reason the covenant NEVER miss that thing with teamshot. I remember Halo 3's campaign being relatively easy, but very fun. I thought Reach's campaign was excellent story-wise (They made a fight you knew was hopeless seem meaningful, that's a bit of a feat from a narrative perspective), it was technically impossible to survive the last level :), and I remember struggling with the drones.

With Halo 3 and Reach though I just played them as much as I had to and spent all my time on Matchmaking. Same with Halo 4, although I think it's by far the weakest campaign of all of them. It had some tough parts, but the rewards for that work were terrible - you just got more campaign! The final fight was despicable. The level with the mammoth was actually extremely stupid if you took a moment to see how scripted the enemy behavior was. It was all just stupid. I kinda hated the campaign in Halo 4, and not because it was hard.

I don't remember how hard ODST was, but I remember liking the campaign. The ODSTs weren't that much weaker than spartans really, and in some ways they were much stronger (Yank out a turret and run if you want to make the chief cry). They got two weapons which have never appeared in a Halo game since then, and both of the weapons were very strong. Bit of a shame really. It was also designed for Co-op, and I think that made the campaigns progressively easier. I'm not sure I beat Halo 3: ODST solo on Legendary, I think I might have but I'm not sure. If it's an achievement I got it though. I loved the Firefight, too bad they've brought back the Brute Chopper, that thing was badass.

The real trouble with judging their difficulty compared to each other is that Halo 2 is sort of obviously the hardest, but after that you know you got better from game to game and you can't know how difficult the campaigns are now without replaying them all. Thankfully Halo 4's was the more recent campaign, so I won't have to play that piece of crap again to remember. Just need to run it co-op to get my achievements and then I'll never have to (L) to crawl again.

Halo CE. Two words. The library.

Also this was in the days of the truth and reconciliation. That mission trying to hit the grav lift past the hunters just to be thrown into elites invisible with swords? If you haven't played it in awhile play it again and then tell me it was easy.

• Like 1