Why in the hell do weapons disappear so fast?

SSFrog

I get killed and my weapons fall, I spawn nearby and come back just to find out that my weapons that I had (DMR, Rocket, sniper, incinerator, etc...) weapons have disappeared.

WHY?

WHY?

What is the point?

Reach had the same issue, and now its plaguing Halo 4. You're lucky if you come back back to your area to find your weapon, why can't they just leave the timer for 60 seconds? If nobody picks up that weapons in 60 seconds after its dropped, THEN it can disappear. But literally 5 seconds after the weapons is dropped? That's just offensive.

It's to counter balance the ordinance drops obviously. They disappear even quicker in dominion beaches of all othe ordinance spams. Would suck if every single player had an OP weapon and more just lying around everywhere haha

This exactly. If everyone had a railgun... you would be having a bad time.

I get killed and my weapons fall, I spawn nearby and come back just to find out that my weapons that I had (DMR, Rocket, sniper, incinerator, etc...) weapons have disappeared.

WHY?

WHY?

What is the point?

Reach had the same issue, and now its plaguing Halo 4. You're lucky if you come back back to your area to find your weapon, why can't they just leave the timer for 60 seconds? If nobody picks up that weapons in 60 seconds after its dropped, THEN it can disappear. But literally 5 seconds after the weapons is dropped? That's just offensive.

To be honest, if you're killed - why should you be able to pick back up the weapon you had?

• Like 1

To be honest, if you're killed - why should you be able to pick back up the weapon you had?

Because the weapon doesn't die? Weapons don't just disappear off the battlefield you know. Maybe they get rusty or damaged over time, but yeah. If you kill someone with a rocket launcher from a bit away, I would imagine you have enough time to run over there and pick up his weapon.

Conclusion: Weapons disappearing is BS.

I am not as bothered by losing the ones when I die (It's obviously frustrating, but at the same time I blame myself for dying).

I DO think it's weird how the ordnance drops behave sometimes. Like today I was running for a Spartan Laser, when I got there it was a... Suppressor?!? WTF?!?

I also wanted a SAW, but found that it has spawned behind a wall/under the floor and I couldn't possibly get to it.

Later I figured I'd grab a light rifle that I saw because it would be better than my normal secondary, so I pick it up and BOOYAH it's a binary rifle instead! Wait a sec... WTF?!?

Also for the entire time I was playing Team Regicide this evening the weapons spawned below the floor in Haven, making it impossible to pick up most of the starting ordnance.

This is, to be kind, a stupid issue to have. It's simple code stuff that should have been much cleaner when the game shipped. I don't even know that much about coding games, but I know the types of problems I see from certain developers (Like Obsidian, who can't code to save their lives). These mistakes are uncommon in most Halo games.

I was glad that I got that binary rifle instead of a light rifle, but for each free binary rifle I also got a free suppressor, three unobtainable SAWs, and a sticky detonator that was buried in the floor somewhere in every game of Team Regicide on Haven.

Because the weapon doesn't die? Weapons don't just disappear off the battlefield you know. Maybe they get rusty or damaged over time, but yeah. If you kill someone with a rocket launcher from a bit away, I would imagine you have enough time to run over there and pick up his weapon.

Conclusion: Weapons disappearing is BS.

Wow we have an idiot over here...it's called a game for a reason. Ever fps does this. And it would ruin the game if weapons never disappeared. Tell me how not having weapons disappear balance the game out? It doesn't. You're too focused on having a "sims game" where things are realistic-like. If you want real, join the army. Their weapons don't just disappear so I'm sure you would have more fun....LAWL

Weapons actually do stay around for a fair amount of time. I killed an enemy sniper and had enough time to run down the entire map, (A to C run on exile) before the weapon despawned. I've had time to reclaim my lost weapons as well as long as you B-line to them. The real problem I run into is the weapon despawn rate on CAMPAIGN. It's honestly retarded. You can clear a whole group of enemies on ledgendary but by the time you're finished with the last one in a group or even just hesitate to scavenge the battle field POOF, all gone.

So in matchmaking, I don't see a problem at all with the despawn rates of weapons. But something that does annoy the crap out of me is the utter lack of basic things like BRs, DMRs, and grenades on the map. These things should be common place just like every halo game. There have been several times that I've actually exhausted all my ammo on gametypes where you cannot recieve ordanace and it would be REALLY nice if I could at least find a friggin assault rifle. It boggles my mind as to why maps are so remote in terms of weapon placement. This doesn't feel like halo and needs to be changed.

I guess I would like to see a very, VERY (read: VERY) slight increase to the weapon...I dunno, hang-around-timer, in games that were not dominion or possibly even big team. I agree that flooding the map with power weapons/ordnance would be terribad, but just a little increase would be great, so that when I pick off a sniper with my DMR I can actually get the weapon he had before it melts or w/e.

if the weapon still has ammunition in it... it shouldn't disappear in a matter of seconds. Whether it's me picking up the weapon that I died with or someone else picking up my weapon that was dropped. It disappears far to quickly. I say do away with ordinance drops and just have weapons scattered across the map like EVERY OTHER HALO.

Wow we have an idiot over here...it's called a game for a reason. Ever fps does this. And it would ruin the game if weapons never disappeared. Tell me how not having weapons disappear balance the game out? It doesn't. You're too focused on having a "sims game" where things are realistic-like. If you want real, join the army. Their weapons don't just disappear so I'm sure you would have more fun....LAWL

That's funny, I don't ever recall saying that weapons should STAY AROUND FOREVER. That came out of your hole. Maybe you should reread as I said the weapon disappearance time is way too fast. and quite inconsistent.

Oh and also to add to OP, maybe once you die you should stay dead....OP is a fail LAWL

Oh Wow, you sure got me on that one! Gee willy, now I have nothing to retort with!