• jet pack
    • thruster pack
    • promethen vision
    • holgram
    • active camo
    • hardlight sheild
    • auto sentry
    • regrtion feild.......also ive spelt this wrong ma bad

If you're out for yourself Promethean Vision is probably the best (Unless you're in Big Team, then its short range and slow scan speed becomes a problem). Active Camo is another option.

If you want to help your team, you probably want Regeneration Field.

Jet Pack doesn't help much except in a few map-specific situations. It lets you move around the hill on Ragnarok, it lets you save some time in Haven, and it lets you jump the tops of the bases in Solace.

The Jet Pack was way better in Reach because they designed the maps with it in mind. In Halo 4 they've designed the maps with more lateral movement. As far as I can tell 343 caved completely to all the whiners who hated jet packs, and all those same whiners made all the forge maps that showed up later in Reach because you couldn't jump on top of a pebble without hitting a soft kill zone. The fact is everyone loves using jet packs but everyone hates having jet packs used against them, so they all wimped out and made it so there are soft kill zones suffocating every decent elevated point on every map. It was the single must frustrating thing I ever experienced in Reach: the collective surrender of the community to LESS interesting maps. They literally cut the top half of most maps off.

I think the thruster pack has potential, but I can't stand how it jerks me out to third person and how I can't aim it.

Auto sentry and hard light shield intrigue me, but they both make me slow down and even when I want to slow down my enemies won't let me.

Hologram's value is so subjective and so dependent on your imagination and the imagination of your enemies that its value jumps up and down with each encounter.

• Like 1

I think a good 4-man team would have 1-3 promethean visions (depending on how good their communication is) 1-2 active camos (depending on the map and their tactics) and 1-2 regeneration fields. You'd probably want your sniper or whoever has the power weapon to have camo or promethean vision, you want your camo guy close to the enemy so your visible guys can bait them into his range. Your regen fields are obviously best when you have a buddy to share it with you. I found regen fields very helpful in objective gametypes where you're forced to stay in a location for a period of time. Retreat isn't an option so you put that field down so you can hold your ground better.

The other armor abilities are interesting and jet pack/thruster pack deserve honorable mention in BTB or other big maps for the enhanced mobility they offer. Most of them seem to have more limited functions and they tend not to help your team as much.

I think a good 4-man team would have 1-3 promethean visions (depending on how good their communication is) 1-2 active camos (depending on the map and their tactics) and 1-2 regeneration fields. You'd probably want your sniper or whoever has the power weapon to have camo or promethean vision, you want your camo guy close to the enemy so your visible guys can bait them into his range. Your regen fields are obviously best when you have a buddy to share it with you. I found regen fields very helpful in objective gametypes where you're forced to stay in a location for a period of time. Retreat isn't an option so you put that field down so you can hold your ground better.

The other armor abilities are interesting and jet pack/thruster pack deserve honorable mention in BTB or other big maps for the enhanced mobility they offer. Most of them seem to have more limited functions and they tend not to help your team as much.

You'd need a hardlight shield too... actually, that's my prefered ability. It has so much utility its rediculous. It both allows you to live far longer than you should and survive grenades or AoE that you never should have otherwise, but it gives your team time to rescue and support you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, and I appologize if this has little to do with the OP, but I'd probably recommend a different set for every 4v4 map.

Solace: 2 hardlight shields, 1 regeneration field, 1 camo. Reason for no PV here is because of the wide open map and easy access routes. There isn't much camping cause it's unfeasable, but oddly enough the hardlight shields are good exactly for the same reason. Due to the limited cover when being approached from multiple angles, and the numerous power weapons here, the long sightlines and a regeneration field all compliments a personal defence matrix.

Haven: 2 Jetpacks, 2 hardlight shields. A few key long sightlines make it so you want to fight from afar, and the jetpacks let you take advantage of weaknesses in the other team, while the hardlight shield minimizes your own. Honestly though, this would only work with quite a few grenade perks, since in cqc the team would be outmatched.

Complex (offensive): 1 PV (obvious reason), 3 Active Camouflages. The central building is critical, but you also need someone to detect enemy campers to gain control of it. To this ends it's useful to have a teammate with promethean vision even though he loses out if your team does capture a key position. Besides, 3 cloaked boltshots in a small but hard to nade room is a scary thing.

Complex (passive): 1 PV, 3 hardlight shields. The central building is still critical, but this mashup allows you to run around the map with an easy to use cover, and collect power weapons. It's just a different way to go about the map.

Adrift: 1 of both, or 2 hardlight shields or PVs depending on calibre of teamwork. 1 Active camouflage, and one thruster pack or regeneration field. I think it simply depends on the respective teams in this case. For instance, a hardlight shield does the exact same thing PV does to campers so long as you have the teamwork to make use of the pig that suicides with one on. As to the camouflage, it helps with confusing the enemy and adding for an extra surprise, and the thruster pack allows for a little more maneouverabillity to both (and easily I might add) get behind cover, or dodge a shotgun round. It's a personal preference for a lone wolf type of player honestly, cause the regeneration field + 2 harldight shields + 1 AC greatly aid a team in capturing and keeping a hallway.

Abandon: Oddly enough, I wouldn't recommend PV on this map, since with a proactive team camping isn't as effective as it should have been without the numerous pathways to the central, whatever it is. However, 2 jetpacks + 1 thruster pack + 1 hardlight shield could pull off a reasonable defence or capture of a key location on the map. there's a lot of cqc action and cover so the thruster pack and hardlight shields are obvious choices, while the jetpacks allow you to confront the other team on equal footing. Why I wouldn't include a regen field is because you can't actually hold down a position on this map when there are instant respawns. Simply put, the team moves around far too much for it to be useful.

Wallhack without a doubt. Sadly.

Solace is the only map the nerfed Jetpack works btw.

Overall, the loadouts has next to none impact on outcome, nomatter what map. Except for the grossly overpowered wallhack. Shield works too, since most matches are carbine-fests, and putting it up as you've about to be out strafed saves your life many times. too many.

Promethian Vision is pretty useful. Active Camouflage has it's uses as well and Hologram is pretty good too. It really shouldn't be, but people fall for it so easily. So yeah, I won't vote because I don't really know which of these three is really the best, but I use Hologram, myself.

Thruster Pack seems absolutely useless.

It's good for dodging oncoming vehicles and Energy Swords, if timed right.

Also, try using it to boost yourself backwards when you're about to be assassinated!

Why should you need a loadout ability to dodge vehicles? In halo 3 you could jump a ghost or hog easily and even plasma nade it in the meantime. I've yet to manage this ONCE in Halo 4? Why??????? It seems impossible as if you're out if time no matter how you time it. Especially against Ghosts. But I can't remember pulling it off against a hog either. :(

Why should you need a loadout ability to dodge vehicles? In halo 3 you could jump a ghost or hog easily and even plasma nade it in the meantime. I've yet to manage this ONCE in Halo 4? Why??????? It seems impossible as if you're out if time no matter how you time it. Especially against Ghosts. But I can't remember pulling it off against a hog either. :(

Are you sure it was possible to jump Warthogs in Halo 3? I'm pretty sure you would get splattered unless you started on higher ground. And it's definitely still possible to jump over Ghosts, all that's changed is that now there are more ways to dodge it.

And if you want a different armour ability, try taking a Plasma Pistol as a secondary. Most people either don't use their secondaries or just swap them out altogether, so unless you're using Firepower or have a particular love for the Boltshot or Magnum you probably won't even notice the difference that often - except now you have a big advantage against vehicles!

I have jumped over ghost many a time in Halo 4.

Are you sure it was possible to jump Warthogs in Halo 3? I'm pretty sure you would get splattered unless you started on higher ground. And it's definitely still possible to jump over Ghosts, all that's changed is that now there are more ways to dodge it.

And if you want a different armour ability, try taking a Plasma Pistol as a secondary. Most people either don't use their secondaries or just swap them out altogether, so unless you're using Firepower or have a particular love for the Boltshot or Magnum you probably won't even notice the difference that often - except now you have a big advantage against vehicles!

I probably jumped some ghosts, but it seems much harder to time. As if a ghost doing a boost in lightspeed. :(

U already use a plasma as second, for more reasons than vehicles (the h2 plasma hs combo). I hate the fact u can select it at will from start, as it renders vehicles half useless.